JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Interesting about the background check states with the lower shooting rates and suicides than non background states---totally meaningless without the stats BEFORE the BGC laws were instituted.

I've been looking at those statistics, primarily the one related to domestic violence and while I'm not a statistician and am finding hurdles in recreating their data, I believe they should not be so lightly disregarded. They seem to stand well on their own without historical data. I don't think anyone can say whether it's the background checks at work, but there are states that have significantly less deaths resulting from firearms. With all of the millions of dollars being pumped into our state to fight gun owners, I wonder how much of that money made it to a single non-profit for the advancement of women's violence awareness and counseling or any of the classes, some of which are being taught in public schools on healthy relationships and intimate partner violence.

I think it's a fair challenge to gun owners and the rest of the public to be curious about what the real causes are and to find a source for progress for people in danger when all the other side will do is use them as a means to their end.

The comment by Palmer about the people proposing this bill were treasonous was great. My sentiments also.
Prozanski is the most left wing treasonous SOB in Salem ! All that support this bill are running close to prozac-ski.

I think it's a fair challenge to gun owners to be curious about what the real causes are and to find a source for progress for people in danger when all the other side will do is use them as a means to their end.

Its interesting to watch people use statistics incorrectly. We use a ton of statistics in medicine. Since I cant do an autopsy in every patient, every test and every treatment is based on probabilities. and statistics.

One treatment statistic we use a lot is "number needed to treat" If I have to treat 1000 patients with a drug to get one patient better, that is a horrible statistic and I would not be using that drug. The drug will have side effects and cost associated with it and will probably cause more problems than benefit in the long run in the population as a whole.

So looking at these gun laws and the numbers they look at. If there are about 600 deaths a year from firearms and most are from suicide, lets say your goal is to prevent suicide.

So you have a law that effects everyone in the state, to prevent a few deaths from suicide. The number needed to treat is huge. It is going to harm the population in other ways more than it will prevent suicides.

Some would say it is the goal to prevent every suicide and if we implement a law that stops just one we should do it. So we prevent that one suicide at what cost? Perhaps 20 people who cant get a firearm because the background check system is flawed and incorrectly denies them. Perhaps 5 of those people will die or get raped because they are not able to protect themselves. Preventing that one suicide worth 5 people dying? I think not.

Of course all this requires a good understanding of statistics and math and unbiased logic and understanding human nature. None of which our legislature has.

The dr that is on there is so full of crap its amazing he didn't gag and choke to death on his statistical lies and misinformation.

Some would say it is the goal to prevent every suicide and if we implement a law that stops just one we should do it. So we prevent that one suicide at what cost?

I agree with where you're going with this and to those people I would ask what other measures we should be taking to save that one person. I would immediately abolish the absurd idea of a 0.08 BAC, the concept that we can trust the general public to drive intoxicated or sleep deprived to ANY extent would be the first to go on my list if we lived in such a dystopia. I'm not dead set on derailing conversations to that extent necessarily, but I wonder what other's would do to save that one man, woman, or child if that was the actual goal.

Oh yeah, forgot, one other thing would be, going by that Journal of Patient Safety article in 2013, to do away with doctors and hospitals altogether as they were attributed with more than 10x as many preventable deaths as deadly automotive accidents... ;)

Again, I do not understand the drive to prevent suicides by the government when they legalized assisted suicide. Besides the gun is not the cause, prevention takes compassion not force of law

The comment by Palmer about the people proposing this bill were treasonous was great. My sentiments also.
Prozanski is the most left wing treasonous SOB in Salem ! All that support this bill are running close to prozac-ski.

I sent Sheriff Palmer an email thanking him for his testimony. I wanted him know know that it was appreciated even outside his county

http://grantcountysherifforegon.com/office/contact

Literally millions gave their lives to keep this country free, not to give leftist pigsheitsucker politicians free reign to destroy the constitution unimpeded, nor to keep one or a dozen from committing suicide.
Much of the reasons some commit suicide is because of the repressive crap from the results of what these political left wing hacks do to the nation we live in and the controls they insist on cramming down people's throats and the resulting mental pressures of it all.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top