JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just a little primer for Sept 16. We are down to 1 load left of the homeless camp up past Klichatat lake on the West side of Marys Peak. Also got the 3000 line on Thursday in the rain. It was actually refreshing. We now have over 8000 pounds of junk removed since May. And yes Trash No Land does help with disposal fees. A big shout out to Bill snd Trash No Land.

The quarry which is the focus of the clean-up is ready for a good scrub. It gets a lot of usage. This clean-up is always a great time. Lunch is always good after some hard work. Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Some pictures of Thursday and today.
20230831_170457.jpg 20230831_170526.jpg 20230831_173653.jpg 20230831_190717.jpg 1000001165.jpg 1000001164.jpg
And all that is left.
1000001159.jpg

Triangle Pit! Oct 14th!

BHA -Armed Forces Initiative - Washington is hosting their second annual "Garbage and Grouse Round-Up"!

Trash No Land will be there and we invite all Volunteers to join us! Co-Hosted with Washington Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, WaGuns.org, Washington State Department of Natural Resources & Trash No Land.

We plan to clean up the Triangle Pit, in Capitol State Forest, and give back a little appreciation for recreation on our public lands!

We appreciate our active military service members and encourage you to do the same by joining us on Saturday, Oct 14th. We'll treat you to a nice BBQ lunch and chances to win lots of free raffle prizes!

You like that special note at the bottom of the event posting... "Restroom accommodations provided"? Yes, the new TNL "Wildlife Restroom" will be on site and ready for use! You're welcome!

Tracy and I spent about 5 hours working on the Weyerhauser quarry just off Upper Neal cr rd. It is about an half mile past the 2 mile BLM quarry. It is getting a lot of shooter trash since the 2 mile quarry is closed. Didnt get all of it. Ran out of bags. Even found a pile of tires up the road a bit. Great day up in the woods.
Happy Public Lands Day eve. Just can't figure out why people can't pack it out if they bring it in.
Resized_20230922_084114.jpeg Resized_20230922_084003.jpeg Resized_20230922_084141(1).jpeg Resized_20230922_120249.jpeg Resized_20230922_084159.jpeg 20230922_114646.jpg Resized_20230922_120841(2).jpeg
All the tires have a purple paint spot on them. Sure it is some shop marking them as bad.

Triangle Pit! Oct 14th!

BHA -Armed Forces Initiative - Washington is hosting their second annual "Garbage and Grouse Round-Up"!

Trash No Land will be there and we invite all Volunteers to join us! Co-Hosted with Washington Chapter of Backcountry Hunters & Anglers, WaGuns.org, Washington State Department of Natural Resources & Trash No Land.

We plan to clean up the Triangle Pit, in Capitol State Forest, and give back a little appreciation for recreation on our public lands!

We appreciate our active military service members and encourage you to do the same by joining us on Saturday, Oct 14th. We'll treat you to a nice BBQ lunch and chances to win lots of free raffle prizes!

You like that special note at the bottom of the event posting... "Restroom accommodations provided"? Yes, the new TNL "Wildlife Restroom" will be on site and ready for use! You're welcome!

God I hope I'm healed up by then. If not then I'll just have to make a cameo appearance.

I've been gifted a Gold Membership in NWFA!!! Super cool!

Not sure if he would be okay with me posting his user name, but he knows it is very much appreciated! Thank you!

Here's a volunteer opportunity in the Tahuya State Forest. Meet on Sunday, Nov 5th, 10 AM!

This is a cleanup of "The Pit" in Tahuya, which is a popular recreational shooting spot. It's located at the crossroad of NE Elfendahl Pass RD and NE Belfair Tahuya RD. (See satellite photo).

Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/nCAP1sTP71LjYqpw7
GPS: 47.439382, -122.914419

Contact Nikko at 360-519-9636 to let him know if you can come or comment here and we'll let him know.

Bring your own lunch, outdoor clothes, gloves and dress for the weather.

Here's what Nikko said:
"Sunday, November 5th, 10AM to 4PM to clean up the area and will have support from DNR to provide extra tools and open the gate to provide better access for garbage removal.
Please bring your own tools, otherwise you're welcome to use any tools that DNR provides.
I will be bringing my own tools, truck and small trailer, large trash bags, water bottles, and a wheelbarrow. Please bring anything you have to help facilitate clean up. (Especially for shell casings). Rakes, snow shovels, magnets, etc.
For trash, they have a designated garbage sight up the road. If for whatever reason that doesn't work out I will be taking what we collect to the transfer station.
Reply if you're coming so I have an idea of how many to expect. Please share this event with anyone else who might want to come out. Thanks in advance and have a good one!"

The hours you volunteer will apply towards a free Discover Pass, per DNR (24hrs/yr = 1 free Discover Pass).

Come give Nikko your support and help save our places to shoot!"

Bill

395085015_884440653018252_6320884472974352124_n.jpg

My wish for you is a clean and enjoyable recreation experience, but if you come across this kind of stuff, please pay it forward for the next person and help take care of our great outdoors.

Multiple dump sites found along one road on the Yacolt Burn State Forest in SW WA. Friday, Nov 3rd, 2023.

Trash on our public lands is not acceptable and we all must step up to help keep our forests clean. It doesn't matter if it's at a target shooting location or anywhere else in the forest. We want nature to be natural.

I simply wanted an hour or two of peace and quiet in the woods. Far away from traffic, news and city trash. It turned out to be 6 hours of hard work!

Sorry for the crappy video footage. I wasn't planning on doing a video, or a cleanup for that matter, so I didn't take the good cameras. Just my old Samsung S8, which I gotta get a new one someday. The footage is compiled from private video texts I sent to my son throughout the day, via the Marco Polo app.

"If it didn't grow in the forest, it shouldn't be in the forest!"

Bill Cogley
Trash No Land
YouTube Vid from yesterday:
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="I just wanted a little quiet time in the forest" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I just wanted a little quiet time in the forest

In 3 of the 6 separate dumps that had paperwork in them, I found the same persons name, complete with address, phone number and the business she owns (a motel in Portland). I took photos of that and emailed to DNR Police. I found her FB page and see that she posted 2 things yesterday, so I know she's alive and active on social media. She looks to be somewhere in her 60's. So, I don't readily suspect that she was the one who dumped it (especially when it's full of her personal and business documents). I'm leaning to think she may have hired someone who took the money and dumped in the forest instead.

I'm not too confident that DNR will pursue this or not. It would be nice to know how this actually happened. Guess we'll see.

Part of me says send a picture of her info and the garbage pile to her on Facebook. Great job on getting stuff cleaned up.

We have been hunting a private timber companie's land the last 2 days but it is open to the public for hunting and is very close to Neal Creek. The interesting thing to me is that in 2 days and 30 miles covered I have seen less than 5 beer/pop cans and less than 5 pieces of garbage. Just a mile to the South is Neal Creek which is mainly BLM. Along the road in a lot of places, pieces of garbage every 10 yards. Mainly alcohol left overs. Not sure what the difference is.

Part of me says send a picture of her info and the garbage pile to her on Facebook. Great job on getting stuff cleaned up.
Ha! Yes, I did send her a FB PM with pics of her name and the trash. I asked her to "Please tell me this wasn't you"! I also said I wouldn't mention her name, or post photos with her name on it, (because I really don't think she is at fault and I don't want to publicly shame her if it's not so). If we find out differently, well then, perhaps it's open season on public shaming! I'm trying to give her the benefit-of-the-doubt rather than jumping to conclusions.

Thought also crossed my mind to re-deliver it to her motel in Portland. But thought I might end up in trouble for that.

My wish for you is a clean and enjoyable recreation experience, but if you come across this kind of stuff, please pay it forward for the next person and help take care of our great outdoors.

Multiple dump sites found along one road on the Yacolt Burn State Forest in SW WA. Friday, Nov 3rd, 2023.

Trash on our public lands is not acceptable and we all must step up to help keep our forests clean. It doesn't matter if it's at a target shooting location or anywhere else in the forest. We want nature to be natural.

I simply wanted an hour or two of peace and quiet in the woods. Far away from traffic, news and city trash. It turned out to be 6 hours of hard work!

Sorry for the crappy video footage. I wasn't planning on doing a video, or a cleanup for that matter, so I didn't take the good cameras. Just my old Samsung S8, which I gotta get a new one someday. The footage is compiled from private video texts I sent to my son throughout the day, via the Marco Polo app.

"If it didn't grow in the forest, it shouldn't be in the forest!"

Bill Cogley
Trash No Land
YouTube Vid from yesterday:
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="I just wanted a little quiet time in the forest" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>
I just wanted a little quiet time in the forest
Sorry Bill, couldn't watch more than a minute or so of that.
I'm not too confident that DNR will pursue this or not. It would be nice to know how this actually happened. Guess we'll see.
I'm somewhat appalled that our so-called "Administrators" of public land do such a bubblegumty job of Administrating. Jane and I were way up there a couple months ago just sight seeing and were going to go up to that pit where we did OUR first, or second, clean-up. I came to the sign that said we need a "Discovery Pass" at that point. Well we don't have one of those. I just KNEW, that if we kept going to see the pit, that some "Official Enforcement" kinda guy/gal would come along and give me citation! Damn them! For not looking into that rubbish dumping! I watch the "North Wood Law", "Lone Star Law" and any others, and THOSE people work on finding the perps of some of this dumping!

Pretty touchy here after going out to the Tillamook/Browns Camp area Friday and not finding chanterelles, for the third time in a month and a half, and bubblegum bags, diapers and all manner of disgust on the back roads. It's not just the shooting public either.

Thanks for what you do Bill.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top