JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Re: the multiple dumps I found last Friday;

I heard back from DNR Police in WA. He called the lady's phone number that we found on most of the trash in the 3 separate dump sites. Someone else has that phone number now.

The paperwork shows that she owns a motel in N. Portland, so he called. The lady sold the motel and has since moved to Florida.

So, that's where it stands for now. I'm not sure if any further investigation will happen.

My suspension, at this point, is perhaps the new owner cleaned out the storage room at the motel and paid someone to dump. Or, perhaps the lady had a storage unit and defaulted on her payments, so the storage business cleaned out her space. Another thought is that she may have stored things at a relatives house and they got rid of it.

We may never know.

...but it was a jolly good try!

I'm thankful for the private foundation, based in Vancouver, for their help and support each year for the past 3 years! And now they did it again!

(Sorry, they don't want their name disclosed to the public, so I can't show who they are. They don't want other nonprofits beating down their door asking for donations.)

As I reflect back on the good they have done for us, I can't help but feel blessed and appreciated. Their help has enabled us to have that new computer, the upgraded website, our brochure distributed throughout the Northwest, the nice video equipment, the cargo trailer, most of our event expenses, volunteer appreciation awards and much much more!

The first year was $10,000, second was $25,000 (all for Gen Funds), and last year was $10,000 for the event trailer. With our balance of $9,500, plus this $5k, our General Funds are in good shape to take on 2024!

Now we can focus on fundraising for specific projects like getting the upgrades to North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes and others that may pop up!

Yep, it was a thankful Thanksgiving weekend!

Bill
https://www.trashnoland.org/

11-25-23 Donation Received.jpg

Really busy up Neal Creek this morning. Late season bow hunters, people just driving around and target shooters. We got the tires that I posted about a couple of weeks ago. About 15 car tires and 40ish bike tires. Used a rope to get the up the him. Great time with our son. He learned about pulley methods for pulling stuff up hills around trees. Also learned about ropes snapping. He was always cautious and stood way back but had never seen on break like that up close. Decided a winch for the pickup and 4runner is next.
20231125_110406.jpg 20231125_110415.jpg 20231125_111217.jpg 20231125_113944.jpg 20231125_110323.jpg 20231125_114016.jpg

I'm thankful for the private foundation, based in Vancouver, for their help and support each year for the past 3 years! And now they did it again!

(Sorry, they don't want their name disclosed to the public, so I can't show who they are. They don't want other nonprofits beating down their door asking for donations.)

As I reflect back on the good they have done for us, I can't help but feel blessed and appreciated. Their help has enabled us to have that new computer, the upgraded website, our brochure distributed throughout the Northwest, the nice video equipment, the cargo trailer, most of our event expenses, volunteer appreciation awards and much much more!

The first year was $10,000, second was $25,000 (all for Gen Funds), and last year was $10,000 for the event trailer. With our balance of $9,500, plus this $5k, our General Funds are in good shape to take on 2024!

Now we can focus on fundraising for specific projects like getting the upgrades to North Fork Wolf Creek Shooting Lanes and others that may pop up!

Yep, it was a thankful Thanksgiving weekend!

Bill
https://www.trashnoland.org/

@Cogs , it's so great when people notice when you're doing something good and want to be part of it. Keep the mission going!

Really busy up Neal Creek this morning. Late season bow hunters, people just driving around and target shooters. We got the tires that I posted about a couple of weeks ago. About 15 car tires and 40ish bike tires. Used a rope to get the up the him. Great time with our son. He learned about pulley methods for pulling stuff up hills around trees. Also learned about ropes snapping. He was always cautious and stood way back but had never seen on break like that up close. Decided a winch for the pickup and 4runner is next.
View attachment 1769479View attachment 1769478View attachment 1769477View attachment 1769476View attachment 1769480View attachment 1769475
Here's what I wrote and posted to the TNL Facebook page (I included 4 of your pictures):

What do you do when you find 15 car & truck tires and close to 40 bicycle tires dumped in the forest?

First you get discussed, then a bit angry, then you feel a strong desire for someone to clean it up, then you realize YOU are that someone and you are here right now, so, what are you going to do? Look away and keep driving? Or buck-up and get it done?

Craig Yon, and his son, came upon that same situation last Saturday, Nov. 25th, on BLM land in the Neal Creek area, South of Stayton OR. Craig turned to his son and said "Put on your gloves, Son, this is where the rubber meets the road"! (Pun intended, I'm sure!).

The two worked for several hours pulling all those tires up an embankment using ropes, manual and truck pulling, pulley rigging around trees and good old fashion muscle power.

Craig, who is on the Board of Directors for Trash No Land, and his son live in the Albany, OR area and knew just who to call for help. Beggs Tire & Wheel, Albany. One phone call was all that was needed and Beggs graciously took the tires for recycling. That was a great donation and a show of appreciation for our efforts to keep the great outdoors clean and healthy.

BLM Officials and Law Enforcement have been notified and are grateful for their efforts.

Thank you, Craig, your Son and Beggs Tire & Wheel! Nice work!

Last Edited:
Mission: To see conditions of target shooting places on the West edge of Mt Hood Nat Forest. Found large dump of hazardous materials, along with burnt fiberglass, broken beer bottles and a dump of shotgun hulls.

Mission Failed. Or should I say; Mission Modified!
<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
" title="Mt Hood Nat Forest Random Cleanup 12-14- 23" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Another year in the books. You all did good and are to be admired! You helped save our places to shoot and restore the good name of Stewardship in our great outdoors!

"Itchy Finger" and "Biggy Brother" wish to say THANK YOU for a great year (even if they do look a little rough around the edges!).

#StewardshipKeepsItOpen, #shootership, #targetshooting, #publiclands, #publiclandowner

Bill

NO SHOOTING AT ARROWHEAD PIT, in Yacolt Burn State Forest (WA), due to contractor logging equipment being shot up!!!

In fact, no shooting along the L1500 Rd spots or the L1200 Rd spots. DNR and the logging company have closed those roads. You won't even be able to drive on them.

Someone came along, after hours, and fired over 1000 rounds into logging equipment, causing thousands of dollars in damage. The equipment was staged near the Arrowhead Pit in a new spur road pullout.

The contractor is a bit PO'd, to say the least, and very concerned it may happen again if access is left open where they are logging.

So, thank the criminals who did this, as you kick their a$$ and turn them in! :mad:

Bill

Not quite target shooting on public lands but kicked off the 2024 picking up other people's special stuff on public lands. We did have a firearm with us though. My little type up.
Tracy and I went for a drive up Neal Creek this afternoon. The 2 mile quarry wasnt too bad. A lot of thick automotive catalogs being used for targets and a lot of shotgun shells. Got the catalogs and some other big stuff cleaned up before a couple of yahoos showed up and started spinning around real fast and blasting up the side hills. We left.
The Weyerhauser quarry was actually picked up. Just a little bit of stuff. Didnt stop. The 10.25e-1 road could use a good clean. Picked up a pop up tent frame there. Went back down to the gravel road and drove it. We went to where the homeless camp was last fall. Someone had dumped a bunch of stuff so we picked it up. Again, mostly automotive stuff. Probably some stolen. Location 44.65546, -122.66098. Found more bags and another tire in the creek on the way back to the main line. That landing seems like a prime spot for a camera. We headed out with a full load. Multiple big bags and 4 tires. Fun evening though.

And some pictures. 1000002832.jpg 1000002821.jpg 1000002820.jpg 1000002823.jpg 1000002822.jpg 1000002825.jpg 1000002824.jpg

Not quite target shooting on public lands but kicked off the 2024 picking up other people's special stuff on public lands. We did have a firearm with us though. My little type up.
Tracy and I went for a drive up Neal Creek this afternoon. The 2 mile quarry wasnt too bad. A lot of thick automotive catalogs being used for targets and a lot of shotgun shells. Got the catalogs and some other big stuff cleaned up before a couple of yahoos showed up and started spinning around real fast and blasting up the side hills. We left.
The Weyerhauser quarry was actually picked up. Just a little bit of stuff. Didnt stop. The 10.25e-1 road could use a good clean. Picked up a pop up tent frame there. Went back down to the gravel road and drove it. We went to where the homeless camp was last fall. Someone had dumped a bunch of stuff so we picked it up. Again, mostly automotive stuff. Probably some stolen. Location 44.65546, -122.66098. Found more bags and another tire in the creek on the way back to the main line. That landing seems like a prime spot for a camera. We headed out with a full load. Multiple big bags and 4 tires. Fun evening though.

And some pictures.View attachment 1810914View attachment 1810915View attachment 1810916View attachment 1810917View attachment 1810918View attachment 1810919View attachment 1810920
I've set out a few times to just do a little shooting therapy and never fired a shot, due to cleaning up other peoples mess. And, like you, I end up cleaning crap people dump at other places too. It's getting to the point where I almost hate going out into the woods because of the trash out there. Too much like the city!

Still, always pack a firearm, extra rounds and a spare target (just in case)!

Well done, Craig & Tracy! January cleanups are not very fun, but much appreciated. I plan to go out tomorrow, in my SW Washington forest, and see conditions at shooting sites. I'm sure I'll get a few bags.

Again, sent me the receipt and Trash No Land will cover you.

See you and Tracy at the Eugene Sportsman's show next weekend. I'll be there to setup the Target Shooting Information booth at 8 AM on Friday. Show opens at 12 Noon.

Hard to believe it has been since November we have been up on Marys Peak. Went in through Harlen and wandered over to to where the homeless camp. The goal was to shed antler hunt and get some close up pictures of the bigger water fall by the rock quarry near the homeless camp. We failed at both, so we started picking up garbage on the landing and headed towards are normal places. Things werent too bad. The gravel pad where the homeless camp was filled a bag. Various other landings filled a bag. My normal shooting area on the 3000 line I think it is filled 3 bags. A group of younger adults pulled in to shoot while we were cleaning. They volunteered to help which made quick work. We left the mess in the big puddle. Great day. Did find an interesting jaw bone on 1 hike. Huge front tooth..
I did run out of bags so I didnt get all the diaper pile and a few other things. We did bring home the chair at the base of Marys peak road also. Cooked a great hot lunch for both of us also
Thanks
Craig and Tracy
1000002893.jpg 1000002895.jpg
Still clean after we clean it
1000002892.jpg 1000002891.jpg 1000002890.jpg
Just part of the diapers
1000002888.jpg 1000002887.jpg 1000002886.jpg 1000002888.jpg 1000002879.jpg
Lunch
20240217_170110.jpg
Not sure what animal this is from. 30.06 for comparison.

Hard to believe it has been since November we have been up on Marys Peak. Went in through Harlen and wandered over to to where the homeless camp. The goal was to shed antler hunt and get some close up pictures of the bigger water fall by the rock quarry near the homeless camp. We failed at both, so we started picking up garbage on the landing and headed towards are normal places. Things werent too bad. The gravel pad where the homeless camp was filled a bag. Various other landings filled a bag. My normal shooting area on the 3000 line I think it is filled 3 bags. A group of younger adults pulled in to shoot while we were cleaning. They volunteered to help which made quick work. We left the mess in the big puddle. Great day. Did find an interesting jaw bone on 1 hike. Huge front tooth..
I did run out of bags so I didnt get all the diaper pile and a few other things. We did bring home the chair at the base of Marys peak road also. Cooked a great hot lunch for both of us also
Thanks
Craig and Tracy
View attachment 1825170View attachment 1825171
Still clean after we clean it
View attachment 1825168View attachment 1825169View attachment 1825167
Just part of the diapers
View attachment 1825165View attachment 1825163View attachment 1825164View attachment 1825165View attachment 1825166
Lunch
View attachment 1825174
Not sure what animal this is from. 30.06 for comparison.
Those G-D diapers look like something from outer space. Or bottom of the ocean. GROSS!! I've seen them in the middle of nowhere up in The Tillamook when we were mushroom hunting.

Wierd part about jaw was it was way up a mountian side no where near water.
That is! But, I feed our three crows, that have been around here for four years, chicken bones. They don't stay on the lawn long. That jaw bone has that dark brown look just like beaver. Musk rats have the same teeth but about half the size or less. Maybe I'm missing something that's at altitude? Chupacabra? :D

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top