JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
That's about it unless you go join lone oak range. Sign up is at Gators custom guns. Watch for tweakers and bombs on bridges out Abernathy. It's a interesting place anymore.

Abernathy is where its at. Shot up there a LOT ever since Weyerhaeuser closed up its open gate plicy
Where is a good spot? I talked to someone who goes up there to forge for mushrooms and he said he goes past the end of Ab creek rd. What is the new Weyerhaeuser policy? I have a non-motorized pass but it's for the Longview St. Helen's area

Where is a good spot? I talked to someone who goes up there to forge for mushrooms and he said he goes past the end of Ab creek rd. What is the new Weyerhaeuser policy? I have a non-motorized pass but it's for the Longview St. Helen's area
The Saint Helens tree farm used to be open. Best shooting spots in Washington outside of the Wenas Wildlife area outside of Yakima. Weyerhaeuser got tax breaks for leaving it open to public access. Unfortunately, too many people shot up Weyerhaeuser equipment and the company decided it wasn't worth it and shut the area down unless you had a special permit which no one gets. The area up Germany and Abernathy creeks are the next best in SW WA though.

Sorry, can't help you much in that area. I need to get out there and scout some more! Do you have onXhunt map app? If so, you can quickly determine what land is private or public when you go out exploring. Google Maps and Google Earth helps to zoom in on spots that have clearings that might look like shooting places. Then it's time to spend an afternoon exploring the woods and finding spots (mark them on onXhunt map so you can easily find them again).

You may find an option on the Trash No Land website, on the interactive map of public land shooting places. Zoom in on the 'Shooter' icon and click. It shows the GPS location and gives a brief description of the shooting spot. This is only public land 'Dispersed' shooting spots that need our attention to help save shooting on public lands (I try not to post 'Secret' places that other shooters don't want to be well known).

Map link: https://www.trashnoland.org/map-of-places-to-shoot/

Hope that helps! Come join us on one of our cleanup events. You'll find new places and meet some great like-minded folks!

Bill

Sorry, can't help you much in that area. I need to get out there and scout some more! Do you have onXhunt map app? If so, you can quickly determine what land is private or public when you go out exploring. Google Maps and Google Earth helps to zoom in on spots that have clearings that might look like shooting places. Then it's time to spend an afternoon exploring the woods and finding spots (mark them on onXhunt map so you can easily find them again).

You may find an option on the Trash No Land website, on the interactive map of public land shooting places. Zoom in on the 'Shooter' icon and click. It shows the GPS location and gives a brief description of the shooting spot. This is only public land 'Dispersed' shooting spots that need our attention to help save shooting on public lands (I try not to post 'Secret' places that other shooters don't want to be well known).

Map link: https://www.trashnoland.org/map-of-places-to-shoot/

Hope that helps! Come join us on one of our cleanup events. You'll find new places and meet some great like-minded folks!

Bill
Thanks Bill, I've got a hunting app, not X-hunt but pretty much the same thing. I found a spot up Mill Creek road with a quarry and some big gravel piles. There is a locked gate but no signs and it's on public land. We did some clean up today but I'd have to say I was impressed by the lack of garbage/shrapnel.

IMG_2058.jpeg

Thats in my neck of the woods now. Don't shoot into gravel. They will fine you if caught, plus gravel throws bullets not absorb it. That spot is Campbell or Hancock if I remember right. Keep going an you hit Bradley trails which is state land. Before communism it connected to Abernathy an used to come out in delameter Rd. Or Ryder wood.

Thats in my neck of the woods now. Don't shoot into gravel. They will fine you if caught, plus gravel throws bullets not absorb it. That spot is Campbell or Hancock if I remember right. Keep going a you hit Bradley trails which is state land. Before communism it connected to Abernathy a used to come out in delameter Rd. Or Ryder wood.
How about that Cowlitz public range?

How about that Cowlitz public range?

Full disclosure, I volunteer there.

We have 14 rifle bays out to 300 yards; paper only, no steel (clays/potatoes are usually okay, but check with the RSO on duty); and you have to be willing to follow the range safety rules, which some find... chafing. Some of the volunteer RSOs are more intense than others and the day of the week you go will have a pretty big impact on your experience.

$15 day fee, free for disabled vets and active duty Mil and for children under 12. It used to be cheaper, but the county is trying to break even on the construction loan we never repaid.

We do have the nicest range bathrooms I've ever used; the sinks even have warm water in the winter.

Full disclosure, I volunteer there.

We have 14 rifle bays out to 300 yards; paper only, no steel (clays/potatoes are usually okay, but check with the RSO on duty); and you have to be willing to follow the range safety rules, which some find... chafing. Some of the volunteer RSOs are more intense than others and the day of the week you go will have a pretty big impact on your experience.

$15 day fee, free for disabled vets and active duty Mil and for children under 12. It used to be cheaper, but the county is trying to break even on the construction loan we never repaid.

We do have the nicest range bathrooms I've ever used; the sinks even have warm water in the winter.
Sounds perfect, I certainly don't mind following rules. After taking my girls shooting for the first time yesterday I realized that a range is a better place for them to learn; less distractions.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top