JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Public service announcement We've gone to Extreme Fire Danger with a Red Flag Warning. That means the combination of a long time with out rain, high heat, low humidity and high winds will make a wild fire easy to start and hard to put out. Please don't be that guy. Some will think as long as they aren't shooting AP or API they are safe but all it takes is two rocks clicking together or bullet friction in very dry wood to start a spark and then off we go. Again, Please don't be that guy.

Public service announcement We've gone to Extreme Fire Danger with a Red Flag Warning. That means the combination of a long time with out rain, high heat, low humidity and high winds will make a wild fire easy to start and hard to put out. Please don't be that guy. Some will think as long as they aren't shooting AP or API they are safe but all it takes is two rocks clicking together or bullet friction in very dry wood to start a spark and then off we go. Again, Please don't be that guy.
Amen brother. Sitting here running the air purifier, keeping an eye on the smoke from the Bedrock fire.

Lisa took Sarge to the Dog Park in Dexter and said it was smoky out that way this morning.
It has gotten slightly better but not much in the last couple of hours.

No sooner had I posted #723 and I got an email from my wife telling me there is now a Level 1 evacuation notice for the other end of Fall Creek Reservoir. That's probably 6-7 miles away from me, but I've got a shooting buddy that lives up near Cascara Campground and he has to be less than a mile from the Level 1. With the scorcher of a forecast for next week, people out this way are sleeping with one eye open (if at all).

1691953456459.png

I was thinking about taking a couple guns to a local BLM stock pile for some happy can therapy and then on refection changed my mind Then decided to post the above as to why I changed my mind instead. I don't want to be that guy either.

Good time for other activities, take the dog to the coast, crank up the reloading press…. Just relax under the ceiling fan, with a nice adult beverage…
Good thing my wife doesn't read the forum. And our cat doesn't like riding in the car.

Good thing my wife doesn't read the forum. And our cat doesn't like riding in the car.
My wife loves the coast. Me - not so much. I went with the "relax under the ceiling fan with a nice adult beverage" option. The cats did the same, but without the Boneyard RPM. :s0090:

Man, it's smokey here today. At least we're still not in evacuation level, but there is a Level 2 area less than a mile away.

My wife loves the coast. Me - not so much. I went with the "relax under the ceiling fan with a nice adult beverage" option. The cats did the same, but without the Boneyard RPM. :s0090:

Man, it's smokey here today. At least we're still not in evacuation level, but there is a Level 2 area less than a mile away.
I just got back from the Dexter dog park where the topic of conversation was of course the fires. Right before I left one of the yellow helicopters landed in the field next to the dog park.

To add to @oremike 's post, (which he is 100%correct), here's info on how fires can start in recreational target shooting...

https://www.trashnoland.org/fire-safety/

As for me, I chose the backyard with a cool one! Everyday's a beach party in the summer!

20230813_103217.jpg

To add to @oremike 's post, (which he is 100%correct), here's info on how fires can start in recreational target shooting...

https://www.trashnoland.org/fire-safety/

As for me, I chose the backyard with a cool one! Everyday's a beach party in the summer!

View attachment 1470303
You have a crick in your back yard? Whoa! Can you hop that fence and sit in on days like this?

Man, I'm sorry you guys have to deal with that again. :(

Their Notorious will sneak up on you at 11.5 ABV. RPM seems to be my go to since the local pub food/tap house keeps it on tap more so than the Notorious. Always on hand in my beer fridge at home are the Colorado Kool-Aid banquet stubbies. I also keep some Rogue, Pelican, and Ninkasi on hand.

Their Notorious will sneak up on you at 11.5 ABV. RPM seems to be my go to since the local pub food/tap house keeps it on tap more so than the Notorious. Always on hand in my beer fridge at home are the Colorado Kool-Aid banquet stubbies. I also keep some Rogue, Pelican, and Ninkasi on hand.
RPM is my go-to. I also enjoy Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Pelican Sea 'n Red and Beak Breaker, and Ninkasi Total Dom and Dawn of the Red. Had to Google - Colorado Kool-Aid banquet stubbies. I don't drink much Coors, but keep some Coors Light on hand for those times me and/or my friends have had enough alcohol, but still need some refreshment. Typically, that's on the golf course. :D When I was a younger lad, Coors Light was my preferred beer when bucking hay.

RPM is my go-to. I also enjoy Rogue Dead Guy Ale, Pelican Sea 'n Red and Beak Breaker, and Ninkasi Total Dom and Dawn of the Red. Had to Google - Colorado Kool-Aid banquet stubbies. I don't drink much Coors, but keep some Coors Light on hand for those times me and/or my friends have had enough alcohol, but still need some refreshment. Typically, that's on the golf course. :D When I was a younger lad, Coors Light was my preferred beer when bucking hay.
We were a bit cheaper in high school and went for the Keystone Lights and the girls drank that nasty Boones Farm.

I see a little bit of a riffle in that water. Looks to be home for some good breakfast meat! :s0071:
Ya got that right. Rapids below and above. Then slows, widens and is about 30' deep in the middle. Salmon are due anytime after Aug 20th. Stand in the rapids and they run right between your legs! Fun!

Monday spent in Newport, with a family trip to the Oregon Coast Aquarium. Was a picturesque day in Newport, with a high temperature of a real comfortable 74.

The high at home today was 107, it was a shocker getting out today the car after arriving home. Opened the door and that heat hit like a wall…. Think I'm getting too old for this kinda heat.

Tuesdays plan, a family trip to Cannon Beach so the doggo can get out and enjoy herself. She needs to run, exercise and blow off some steam.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top