JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I don't need or want praise, but I silently pick up junk every time I go up Gooseneck Rd. I fill a black 55 gal. bag nearly every time. Shooters are pigs! Not just some but most! Shotgunners are the worst, not just because they must be poor shots, but the plastic hulls! Come on fellas pick them up when you're done.

I do get good brass often for my reloading so that's a plus. I do leave .22 and 9 mm cases I admit, but most everything else I pick up. It just takes a few minutes.

Computers, car parts, TV's, fire extinguishers, boxes and all manor of crap. No wonder we see more gates every year and not less.

I'm off the soap box now.

I don't need or want praise, but I silently pick up junk every time I go up Gooseneck Rd. I fill a black 55 gal. bag nearly every time. Shooters are pigs! Not just some but most! Shotgunners are the worst, not just because they must be poor shots, but the plastic hulls! Come on fellas pick them up when you're done.

I do get good brass often for my reloading so that's a plus. I do leave .22 and 9 mm cases I admit, but most everything else I pick up. It just takes a few minutes.

Computers, car parts, TV's, fire extinguishers, boxes and all manor of crap. No wonder we see more gates every year and not less.

I'm off the soap box now.
I enjoyed reading your soapbox post. It's good to hear thoughts from non-pig shooters! There are tons of non-pig shooters here on this foum, but the pig shooters rarely post about helping to keep the gates away. They know the choir will get down on them.

I wouldn't worry about leaving a little brass once in a while, as it will soon disappear into the hands of someone who needs some cash or casings to reload.

Thanks for your help!

Bill

@fstdraw It's not praise that we are after it is awareness. The thing is with people, shooters, fishermen, hunters, etc, they are good until there is no one around to keep them honest.
My philosophy about brass out in public is that for every piece that I do not leave means a Tweaker will not get it.
Thanks for all that you do.

@fstdraw It's not praise that we are after it is awareness. The thing is with people, shooters, fishermen, hunters, etc, they are good until there is no one around to keep them honest.
My philosophy about brass out in public is that for every piece that I do not leave means a Tweaker will not get it.
Thanks for all that you do.
Exactly. Remove the reasons for tweakers to go to shooting sites and they are less likely to go overall. It costs gas to go there (unless they drill holes in someone's gas tank to get the gas which they do a lot around here).

Last Edited:
How many raffle tickets would you buy for chances to win this hand made New Zealand Kindling Splitter, knowing the proceeds go to the Tigard Police Association?

Trash No Land is donating this custom piece to the raffle drawings on Saturday, Aug 5th at Oregon Rifleworks on Main St in Tigard. It's Oregon Rifleworks fundraiser event "Sheep Hitters", with 20+ vendors (most offering raffle prizes) this Saturday, because we strongly support our Law Enforcement!

The splitter is 8 inch diameter and solid as a rock! Split kindling with style and class! Custom designed and handmade by master welder Jason Miller of St Paul, OR.

So stop by the Trash No Land booth and drop a few tickets in the hopper!

Wood Splitter Jason Miller.jpg

Last Edited:
I got the okay to park the TNL Event Trailer as my booth this Saturday at Oregon Rifleworks! Will give tours all day! Shall I turn on the piped in elevator music? Better yet, ZZTOP! :D So come see the trailer!

I got the okay to park the TNL Event Trailer as my booth this Saturday at Oregon Rifleworks! Will give tours all day! Shall I turn on the piped in elevator music? Better yet, ZZTOP! :D So come see the trailer!
had no idea there was event!! actually had no idea they were there. i had my insurance office there on mainstreet for 3 years!! till they tore the building down.

have to check them out!

Planning to be there, I live right down the street. Met some guys shooting at Douglas Ridge who were passing out Flyers on this.

The "Sheep Hitters" show & fundraiser turned out great, once again. The staff at Oregon Rifleworks did an excellent job and the place was full of vendors with their goods! They say the turnout was not a big as previous years, but there were lots of visitors as it was.

I spoke with several people about responsible target shooting on public lands, and many people stopped to read the info on display. Even showed off the 'Wildlife Room' a few times.

Loved my neighbors! Tigard Police Department! Great people and good conversations!

I'm sure the fundraiser event was a nice gift to the Tigard Police Officers' Association. We were proud to participate!

Bill​

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top