JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Damn them! For not looking into that rubbish dumping! I watch the "North Wood Law", "Lone Star Law" and any others, and THOSE people work on finding the perps of some of this dumping!
They may very well pursue this, I just think they don't have enough staff (only 2 officers & 1 Rec Warden for this whole Region area) and have a lot of this kind of stuff stacked up waiting for time to do something about it. I haven't heard from DNR Law Enforcement, yet, since I emailed the info on Friday. I heard Officer Scott Essman was off that day. Our new Recreation Warden, Mike Elliot, is not in the Burn much due to his home is up in Castle Rock and I haven't met or talked with him yet.

I imagine if DNR had a forest LEO TV show, they would think it's great content for building viewership and ratings, so I'm sure they wouldn't hesitate to start investigating and rolling film cameras!

if DNR had a forest LEO TV show, they would think it's great content for building viewership and ratings,
Hey... that gives me an idea! :s0001: Let's start a new TV Channel! 'Trash No Land Law!' Where we go after illegal dumpers like 'Dog The Bounty Hunter'! That should scare the hell out of anyone thinking of dumping on public land!

We'll need a lead character... Who's a lean-mean 'Dog' machine?
:D

Hey... that gives me an idea! :s0001: Let's start a new TV Channel! 'Trash No Land Law!' Where we go after illegal dumpers like 'Dog The Bounty Hunter'! That should scare the hell out of anyone thinking of dumping on public land!

We'll need a lead character... Who's a lean-mean 'Dog' machine?
:D
Stomper? But I think he's probably too busy with work and family stuff. :(

I like the TV show idea. Just sent the following off to the local officials.
Hi,
The tent set up that I mentioned in the message below has moved. It is now at 44.62067, -122.59234. We went back up to where it was at 44.66114, -122.65619 and found the pile of garbage that was left. Interesting was a bunch of old fishing and hunting licenses with names. Also found a fire still going up the road to the right at about the 1 mile mark. I put it out but the steady high winds were blowing embers into grassy areas.
Thank you
Craig and Tracy.

Will probably end up cleaning it up in a few weeks. Going to try and get a bunch of the other areas also.
Resized_20231102_130617.jpeg Resized_20231102_130947.jpeg 20231105_155343.jpg 20231105_155110.jpg 20231105_155051.jpg 20231105_144207.jpg

And 1 last picture for fun. Buddy took this picture in Noth Albany.
image000000.jpg

Hi,
The tent set up that I mentioned in the message below has moved. It is now at 44.62067, -122.59234. We went back up to where it was at 44.66114, -122.65619 and found the pile of garbage that was left. Interesting was a bunch of old fishing and hunting licenses with names. Also found a fire still going up the road to the right at about the 1 mile mark. I put it out but the steady high winds were blowing embers into grassy areas.
Thank you
Craig and Tracy.

Will probably end up cleaning it up in a few weeks. Going to try and get a bunch of the other areas also.
View attachment 1756487View attachment 1756488View attachment 1756489View attachment 1756490View attachment 1756491View attachment 1756492

View attachment 1756493
Strange goings on out there! Looks like a circus tent. And what's up with the hunting/fishing licenses? Hope you recorded that info for authorities.

My favorite pic is the last one. Interesting eye guard!

Thanks Craig & Tracy!

Hi,
Thank you
Craig and Tracy.

View attachment 1756487View attachment 1756488View attachment 1756489View attachment 1756490View attachment 1756491View attachment 1756492

View attachment 1756493
next time you run across that camp, burn it!

Here's a volunteer opportunity in the Tahuya State Forest. Meet on Sunday, Nov 5th, 10 AM!

This is a cleanup of "The Pit" in Tahuya, which is a popular recreational shooting spot. It's located at the crossroad of NE Elfendahl Pass RD and NE Belfair Tahuya RD. (See satellite photo).

Google Maps: https://maps.app.goo.gl/nCAP1sTP71LjYqpw7
GPS: 47.439382, -122.914419

Contact Nikko at 360-519-9636 to let him know if you can come or comment here and we'll let him know.

Bring your own lunch, outdoor clothes, gloves and dress for the weather.

Here's what Nikko said:
"Sunday, November 5th, 10AM to 4PM to clean up the area and will have support from DNR to provide extra tools and open the gate to provide better access for garbage removal.
Please bring your own tools, otherwise you're welcome to use any tools that DNR provides.
I will be bringing my own tools, truck and small trailer, large trash bags, water bottles, and a wheelbarrow. Please bring anything you have to help facilitate clean up. (Especially for shell casings). Rakes, snow shovels, magnets, etc.
For trash, they have a designated garbage sight up the road. If for whatever reason that doesn't work out I will be taking what we collect to the transfer station.
Reply if you're coming so I have an idea of how many to expect. Please share this event with anyone else who might want to come out. Thanks in advance and have a good one!"

The hours you volunteer will apply towards a free Discover Pass, per DNR (24hrs/yr = 1 free Discover Pass).

Come give Nikko your support and help save our places to shoot!"

Bill

View attachment 1748145
Sorry Nikko, I was unsuccessful at finding any willing bodies for this cleanup. :oops:

The sheriff's office has it and BLM. Already been contacted by BLM. This wasnt as bad as your mess. Didnt see any needles when I looked closely at the pile.
Any chance going to KEZI, or a Salem station, and see if they want to do a story on finding name and address info, and being ignored totally by authorities?

Was just watching a "North Wood Law" law show last night where they found the same type stuff with name/address info, traced it to the people that PAID someone to haul their junk, and got the people that dumped it. I would wager that all those fishing licenses/catch cards were hauled out there by someone charging a good chunk of $$$ to honest people to dispose of properly.
This problem is, in a good part, due to the extremely high prices charged at transfer stations. This problem has been brought to us by local governments. The least they could do is hunt these people down and punish them. :mad:

Any chance going to KEZI, or a Salem station, and see if they want to do a story on finding name and address info, and being ignored totally by authorities?

Was just watching a "North Wood Law" law show last night where they found the same type stuff with name/address info, traced it to the people that PAID someone to haul their junk, and got the people that dumped it. I would wager that all those fishing licenses/catch cards were hauled out there by someone charging a good chunk of $$$ to honest people to dispose of properly.
This problem is, in a good part, due to the extremely high prices charged at transfer stations. This problem has been brought to us by local governments. The least they could do is hunt these people down and punish them. :mad:
You got that right Mike, what do we pay taxes for? If it was included in our taxes, the price would be a lot lower or even free, probably 50% of this trash would not be dumped in our forests.

Who am I kidding, there's always gonna be many slobs out there. :(

Who am I kidding, there's always gonna be many slobs out there. :(
Problem is, it's getting worse and worse. It's like the life of our country is being slowly snuffed ( I guess I should say our state for sure?) And we're forced to just sit here and watch.

I have a feeling this will get followed up on. I have faith in the crew we have down here. Takes following up sometimes but there isnt enough of them for the issues that are happening out there.
Not sure what can be done because of current laws protecting these people and even when the police do follow up there are few if any repurcusions for them and they are back out there doing it again.
I agree with Caveman that it is going South but I am not giving up on my little piece of the forest

I have a feeling this will get followed up on. I have faith in the crew we have down here. Takes following up sometimes but there isnt enough of them for the issues that are happening out there.
Not sure what can be done because of current laws protecting these people and even when the police do follow up there are few if any repurcusions for them and they are back out there doing it again.
I agree with Caveman that it is going South but I am not giving up on my little piece of the forest
Believe me, it's people like you give us hope still.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top