JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Tracy and I went for round 2 today up Neal Creek. Got an early start which worked out great. Goal 1 was to see if we could get to the water fall off the main line. That goal was accomplished.
2nd goal was to work on the quarry some. Think we picked up a few thousand shot shells. Still more to go. We didnt finish because we wanted to accomplish goal 1. We drove the loop around the area. There is about a 1/2 pickup load of junk up where the homeless camp was up high. 44.62067, -122.59234 I think. Didnt get it because we didnt want to get stuck. Cleaned a few of the pull off areas and small quarries as we went around the loop. Cleaned up most of the shot shells and had lunch at the upper Weyerhaueser pit at 44.63796, -122.62105.
Cleaned up the best we could at 44.65116, -122.63648. Still more work needs to be done over the edge. Wore me out. Clean up someones left over popup tent, tent and a lot of beer cans and bottles. Someone left the roof of a car that was over further during hunting season. Also found a canopy and some bed frames on different skid roads in that clearing. Need to take the trailer for that stuff. Finished the day by pulling more stuff out of the trees someone dump going into the quarry.
Wont talk about all the White claw/Twisted Tea cans. I think I am rich. Fun day finished with some Oregon BBQ.
Actually fired the Glock today but no pictures of that. 1000002942.jpg 1000002911.jpg 1000002910.jpg 1000002945.jpg 1000002934.jpg 1000002948.jpg 1000002915.jpg 1000002928.jpg 1000002941.jpg 1000002929.jpg 1000002913.jpg

We got some Stewardship to promote down in Klamath County, and this is how we're going to start... with a Sportsman's show. We may even host a cleanup event there this summer.

Klamath Falls, OR, Sportsman's & Outdoor Recreation Show! March 15 - 17 at the Klamath Fairgrounds Event Center. TNL gets a free booth, so @WrenchNguns and I will be there.

Anyone care to help man the booth? If you have the time and would like to help, we could use a little relief on a day or two (but you'll always have one of us in the booth with you). Let me know and I'll arrange for a free vendor pass or two. Or, if you'd like to just come to the show and browse around, let me know and I can finagle a visitors pass (but you gotta come by our booth and say "Hey").

Bill

KFALLS Poster 2024 2.jpg

Booth.jpg Bear.jpg Shooting 1.png 4x4 Remote 2.png

Bull Ride 1.png Sasquatch 5.png

We got some Stewardship to promote down in Klamath County, and this is how we're going to start... with a Sportsman's show. We may even host a cleanup event there this summer.

Klamath Falls, OR, Sportsman's & Outdoor Recreation Show! March 15 - 17 at the Klamath Fairgrounds Event Center. TNL gets a free booth, so @WrenchNguns and I will be there.

Anyone care to help man the booth? If you have the time and would like to help, we could use a little relief on a day or two (but you'll always have one of us in the booth with you). Let me know and I'll arrange for a free vendor pass or two. Or, if you'd like to just come to the show and browse around, let me know and I can finagle a visitors pass (but you gotta come by our booth and say "Hey").

Bill

View attachment 1837933

View attachment 1837931 View attachment 1837930 View attachment 1837935 View attachment 1837929

View attachment 1837932 View attachment 1837934
Is that YOU on the bull Bill?! And that's one ugly dog you got there!
:D

Cabin Fever got the best of me, so I went for a little cruise in my local forest. Caught a little snow further up, which is always fun.

Once I saw this mess, I sat in the truck debating with myself... (Devil on the left shoulder, Angel on the right).

Devil: "Come back another day when it's warmer and less snow. You'll get cold, muddy and it's raining. Just don't tell anyone you saw it. You were never here!"

Angel: "No better time than right now to do the right thing. You can't leave it here for weeks. Suck it up, bud, get er done!"

Well, you can see who won the debate...

A pile of glass still remains.
3-9-24 Glass.jpg
Someone had pulled a boulder out of it's place and off road rigs are blazing unauthorized trails in there. I'm planning a way to put it back. Think it will work?

Great job Bill. At least you didnt have an edge to look over. Those always provide lots of opportunity.

They are putting bigger boulders in place in a few areas down here. A lot of I am just going to say it "idiots" just dont seem to get the message. Then they complain when it gets shutdown.

I had several conversations at the Rickreall show about Trash No Lands so hopefully there are as yet undiscovered lurking volunteers for the clean ups.
That's great Mike, thanks!

April 13th is one in Bend. I'm teaming up with Public Land Stewards-Bend and leading a group to Cabin & Coyote Butte. It's their big cleanup they put on every year. However, PLS hasn't confirmed the cleanup site yet. I'll be post that and all the info soon. I suspect it will be along China Hat Rd.

Yep, we could sure benefit from a good showing of gun owners caring for our pubic lands!

Thanks again,
Bill

Thought I would post on an area that we clean and have posted on many times here. Upper Neal Creek quarry. It just isnt the Portland area. It is getting to be everywhere. We have called in many things but this is the biggest I have seen up there. Fortunately we were not involved. Be safe out there.

Thought I would post on an area that we clean and have posted on many times here. Upper Neal Creek quarry. It just isnt the Portland area. It is getting to be everywhere. We have called in many things but this is the biggest I have seen up there. Fortunately we were not involved. Be safe out there.

A learning lesson for the wise. FIRST you secure your AK-47. THEN you set the stolen car on fire. :s0155::s0084:

I wonder how long it was before they let them go? Never to return for their court date. You know they never do any updates on this crap. :mad: How miserably frustrating it has to be for our police officers. :(

April 13th, 2024!!! Come join us in Bend, OR!

We're teaming up with Public Land Stewards-Bend, US Forest Service-Deschutes Nat Forest, and the whole Central Oregon community for a large cleanup along the China Hat Road area.

Last year we had about 200 volunteers at this one! It was so much fun, we gotta do it again!

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="
View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/EoviRspFXmw
" title="PLS Spring 24 Cleanup Promo" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" allowfullscreen></iframe>​

I cleaned this site 2 weeks ago, but there was snow covering a lot of stuff, and I posted about it with photos on the Trash No Land Facebook page. It included pics of the rock and my plan to move it. I went back, this last Friday, and tried to put it back.

A large stone had been moved to a position where it was blocking parking at a popular target shooting site and created a tempting access for off road/OHV vehicles to enter. This caused the start of unauthorized trails and created an unsafe situation. It was also hindering target shooters access. The boulder had been out of place for at least 2 months.

Since I had the gear to move the rock, I decided to take on the challenge (I also wanted the experience!). Obviously I could not drive into the shooting area to do a one line straight-pull to put it back, as my truck would be trapped inside. So, with no immediate land anchor to assist with simply winching the rock straight up to it's original position, I got creative and made my own. It was trial-and-error (after error after error!).My 5 hour random volunteer effort is condensed in this 32 minuet video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/LfVXZ4_RBP4
" title="Stoned at a shooting site" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I cleaned this site 2 weeks ago, but there was snow covering a lot of stuff, and I posted about it with photos on the Trash No Land Facebook page. It included pics of the rock and my plan to move it. I went back, this last Friday, and tried to put it back.

A large stone had been moved to a position where it was blocking parking at a popular target shooting site and created a tempting access for off road/OHV vehicles to enter. This caused the start of unauthorized trails and created an unsafe situation. It was also hindering target shooters access. The boulder had been out of place for at least 2 months.

Since I had the gear to move the rock, I decided to take on the challenge (I also wanted the experience!). Obviously I could not drive into the shooting area to do a one line straight-pull to put it back, as my truck would be trapped inside. So, with no immediate land anchor to assist with simply winching the rock straight up to it's original position, I got creative and made my own. It was trial-and-error (after error after error!).My 5 hour random volunteer effort is condensed in this 32 minuet video.

View: https://www.youtube.com/embed/LfVXZ4_RBP4
" title="Stoned at a shooting site" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; clipboard-write; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture; web-share" referrerpolicy="strict-origin-when-cross-origin" allowfullscreen></iframe>
@Cogs nice job. Glad to see you're getting some use out of your new recovery equipment. Looking forward to Pick Up The Burn.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top