Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Indoor range options that are cheap?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by HappyValleyAP, Dec 19, 2010.

1. HappyValleyAP

HappyValleyAP Brush Prairie, WA Active Member

Was curious what the best value is for public indoor ranges in the greater Portland/Vancouver area. I'm in Clackamas - and the Safety Center is the closest, but at $15 lane fee plus very high priced ammo costs it's pretty steep. Anyone know of other indoor ranges that either a) don't have lane fees or b) allow you to bring your own ammo or c) have lane fees and require you to buy theirs but don't have it marked up ridiculously high? Interested in breaking in my new .45 and .38 special.... Thanks!

2. Unka-Boo

Unka-Boo Milwaukie Active Member

Johnson Creek Gun Club....IIRC it's $120 a year. Nice place for what it is, private and close in.

3. Bill Siegle

Bill Siegle Oregon Active Member

+1 for Johnson Creek even if it actually is on Lamphier :) The only downside to JC is no magnum pistol ammo and no rifles outside of pistol calibers or 22lr. It is a great place to shoot though.

4. HappyValleyAP

HappyValleyAP Brush Prairie, WA Active Member

A membership app takes some time over there... Any public places that are reasonable in the meantime?

5. USMC1345

USMC1345 Gresham, OR Member

I've never been to Johnson Creek, but I have been a member at the Clackamas PSTC for a couple years. It's a great place to shoot, but not necessarily cheap. Without a membership, $15 for a lane and .45acp varies from $16-18.