JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Since there is no gray area for the takers.

There are three types:

• 1: Pro firearm people. They live it, vote it.
  • 2: Indifferent firearm people. They don't care, but don't pay attention to political ideas and views and will vote in anti 2nd A people. This is the largest group that's destroying and they don't even know it.
  • 3: Anti's. They are against it to the core. They are the loudest, most obnoxious group about removing a right from people. They donate their time and money to social campaigns, fundraising groups, political groups all in the interest of stripping a right. Though it's not comparable when you discuss stripping their freedom of speech.

Regarding your #2 note - I got this email a couple of days ago from the Oregon Alliance to Protect Hunting and Fishing. I got on their mailing list after they reached out asking for help in support for fighting against a ban on lead ammo. I agreed to sign on their petition, and I know others here have as well. The folks here will support really any gun-related issue when the anti's are out to get them.

But looking at their recent Fall Newsletter, there is something conspicuously absent. We all know that 2016 will bring even more restrictive gun laws from the losers in Salem. But do these folks make any mention of it? Not a single word. No mention of paying attention to anti-gun legislation. No asking them to be vigilant and be prepared to write and call their legislators. Nothing. I would hope that a group that fights to defend hunting/hunters would take a much more proactive approach, but I see nothing about that here. I appreciate their fight on the lead ammo ban, I just wish they cared as much about the guns too. I have yet to receive anything from them that indicated a concern over anything other than lead ammo.

tcw.rtnzvhfc.jpg

Fall 2015 Newsletter

Hunting and the Oregon Economy

In early 2001, Oregon hunters and members of the sporting community raised concerns over legislative rumors about a "California-style" traditional lead ammunition and fishing weight ban in Oregon. Oregon's neighbors to the south have been struggling with a chaotic law and ban imposed by their state legislature in 2013. Limiting available ammunition choices can increase costs, on average, up to 387% more than traditional lead ammunition.
tcaix.jpg

Such a rise in costs will inevitably affect the ability of Oregonians to participate in hunting and fishing recreational activities.

Raising the cost of ammunition affects not only the consumer by increasing their economic burden, but it also leads to impacts on jobs in the firearms and ammunition industry as well as Oregon's overall economy.
  • Oregon has nearly 3,000 jobs directly related to firearms and manufacturing sales
  • These jobs total $167,570,200 in direct wages
In a recent survey, 35% of hunters stated they would "hunt less" if ammunition costs rose while a staggering 24% said they would stop hunting all together. By even the most conservative estimates, the economic impact on Oregon would be considerable amounting to financial losses including:
  • $31.2 million in direct spending
  • $16.6 million in salaries and wages
  • $3.4 million in state and local tax revenue
  • $4 million in federal tax revenues
Norway Votes to Repeal Lead Ban

Earlier this year, after extensive study and evaluation, the Norwegian Parliament chose to repeal their 2005 ban on lead ammunition. After a ten-year extensive study and evaluation of the impacts of the ban, Parliament found no link between lead ammunition and adverse effects on wildlife and the environment.

Similar bans have been tried in states like California which have negatively impacted hunting, hunters and conservation dollars, yet condors and other birds still ingest numerous sources of environmental lead.

j63g0vmd2nqdv3aek.png

Norwegian Parliament Votes to Repeal Lead Shot Ban

Hunters welcome Norwegian politicians' decision to repeal the country's lead shot ban outside of wetland areas

The Norwegian parliament today (3 February) resolved by 79 votes to 16 to reintroduce lead shot for live quarry hunting outside wetlands...

In a statement issued on 29 January last week jointly with Norway's Weapons Council (Våpenrådet), the JI had said that the country's four main political parties were supportive of the move to bring back lead shot for hunting in spite of "massive pressure from a smaller group of researchers and veterinarians against lead ammunition".

To view this story in its entirety click here.

We Need YOUR Help!

While we are all enjoying the fantastic Autumn opportunities Oregon's outdoors and wildlife afford us, we all need to begin thinking about 2016 and new restrictions anti-hunting and anti-fishing groups may try to impose.

Please take two minutes to let us know how you can best help and make sure hunting and fishing continue to thrive in Oregon. We are not asking for money or donations; simply check a box and let us know how you can best help - whether online through your computer or in person. Clickhere now to help protect Oregon hunting and fishing opportunities.

Thank you for your continued engagement with the Oregon Alliance to Protect Hunting and Fishing.

they are probably happy with their single shot bolt action rifles and o/u shotguns to hunt. None of the legislation yet threatens those. and likely when the lib gun grabbers are done, that's all they'll let you and me have as well.

The only culprit that fits that description is my favorite Nephew.
Seems that every time he comes over, he's got his hands on one of my favorite firearms and hinting that his birthday, or Christmas, or a hunting season is around the corner and wouldn't it be nice if I loaned "gifted" him that gun, plus ammo of course.

The only culprit that fits that description is my favorite Nephew.
Seems that every time he comes over, he's got his hands on one of my favorite firearms and hinting that his birthday, or Christmas, or a hunting season is around the corner and wouldn't it be nice if I loaned "gifted" him that gun, plus ammo of course.

Hmmmm..... I see him running a lawn mower in your yard in his immediate future. :D

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top