JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Thanks!!

Just sent the link to him and asked that he read it and then if he could restate his opinion. I also contacted Commisioner Mielke in this regard as well.

Here s the link for opinion listed above by joeroket
<broken link removed>

Thanks!!

Just sent the link to him and asked that he read it and then if he could restate his opinion. I also contacted Commisioner Mielke in this regard as well.

<broken link removed>

You bet. There is a bunch of training bulletins and court opinions that have been uploaded over time by others, some I suspect are on these forums, at <broken link removed>

Thanks!!

<broken link removed>

That's a great cite and is exactly why I say the County can't prohibit concealed carry in the public areas of the Sheriff's office!! In fact the claim that they County can, because they own the property and are acting a owners, is totally wiped away by the specific wording of the opinion!!

8 US Presidents have been NRA members
80 MILLION gun owners didn't shoot anyone today, a few criminals did!!

----------------------------------------------------------

The "Feedback Score" is low by 4, not everyone posts it I guess.

Deen
NRA Benefactor/Recruiter
Washington Arms Collector member
Arms Collectors of South West Washington member

Response received from the Clark County Attorney:

"The "Cherry" decision makes the distinction I discussed. If the county is acting not in its governmental capacity but as any other private land owner, it is entitled to restrict those from coming onsite. These restrictions would not be based on a police power ordinance."

So it's apparent he didnt even read the AG link I sent him sinced it clearly states:
"..........For these reasons, neither Cherry nor Pacific Northwest Shooting Park support the view that cities may prohibit the general public from possessing firearms on city property."

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top