JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
When I was first moving to Portland one of my friends pointed out that Portland had the worst cops in America.

"What, worse than Arizona?"
"No, for reals"
"Get out"
"You'll see, worst cops, man, and it's not just Portland, it's the entire greater portland area."
"If you say so."

Man, he was right.

You stubborn ol' turd... REPENT! :D

Won't happen, I'm too deeply ingrained in it. I've done the job, hope to do the job again, and have too many friends and family doing the job.

I hate bad cops. Good cops hate bad cops more than any non-LEO could imagine. But we are only human. We screw up. We try not to. We realize that when we screw up on the job, the results are more serious. But like EVERYONE else, when the badge is taken off at the end of the day, they are still human...

Won't happen, I'm too deeply ingrained in it. I've done the job, hope to do the job again, and have too many friends and family doing the job.

I hate bad cops. Good cops hate bad cops more than any non-LEO could imagine. But we are only human. We screw up. We try not to. We realize that when we screw up on the job, the results are more serious. But like EVERYONE else, when the badge is taken off at the end of the day, they are still human...
And that is possibly the crux of the issue and why so many threads dissolve into cop-bashing /cop-apologist shouting fests...Some folks aren't able to fathom writing a ticket for speeding when we know we speeded(sped?) countless times intentionally or not..

How can the officer stand before the bench having committed the same crime? Isn't he obliged to accept full consequence for his actions...

How serious of a crime is too serious of a crime to allow him to police others actions?

It is these and other small differences that make the difference between the two sides of the shoutin' fest so great.

And after readin' what I wrote I can see both sides thinkin' that their right..and somehow both bein' sorta wrong........

So maybe instead of calling for the castration of the officers in question we shoul ask for just one ball apiece.

W44

I see way too much cop bashing on here.Threads don't turn into cop bashing,they start as such.
If you can do better,or even pass the tests,man up and do better.
Seems to me like a bunch of guys on here were bullied in high school and failed the cop tests.

In some cities the cops work in the sewer,always working with lowlifes.Not a job I would ever do

I see way too much cop bashing on here.Threads don't turn into cop bashing,they start as such.
Seems to me like a bunch of guys on here were bullied in high school and failed the cop tests.

In some cities the cops work in the sewer,always working with lowlifes.Not a job I would ever do

...Those "tests" are producing quality officers?
Ha.
Indeed a minority of officers are outstanding, but not because of the "cop tests."

What a joke.

I have seen at 2 differant times Portland's finest sleeping in their cop cars. once on I-205 and once on I-84 head tilted back and mouth wide open, the one on I-205 was still there in the same spot. after I had gone to work did a pre-trip on my truck and headed south a good 30 to 45 minutrs later. So this is no real suprize.

You display your lack of understanding or reading comprehension. There must be a "higher" standard for those that wish to feed at the public trough.

Or do you find it acceptable that an officer can stand before the bench as defendant one day and give testimony against a citizen the next?

If you want to police my actions, your actions must be above reproach. Period.

W44

You display your lack of understanding or reading comprehension. There must be a "higher" standard for those that wish to feed at the public trough.

Or do you find it acceptable that an officer can stand before the bench as defendant one day and give testimony against a citizen the next?

W44

:s0155:

So, all city and county employees? I know quite a few mechanics that have DUII's and are still working.

Did he lie? Everyone breaks the law, I'm sure. What keeps them from being able to testify in court?

W44
Something about glass houses and stones comes to mind.

Does anyone hear know of even one person in their life that has not broken a single law in their entire life? Sped? Trespassed? Drank under age? Etc? Etc?

If anyone who wished to be a police officer had to be absolutely innocent of any transgression in their lives to do the job, no one would qualify. Officers are like the rest of us. Trying to be the best people they can. Sometimes they make mistakes (or whatever you people want to call it, bottom line, they screw up). These two officers screwed up. Hopefully, they'll face the same justice the rest of us are subject to. If they don't, its wrong. If they're guilty, they'll lose their licenses for a year. After that, who knows...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top