JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Always? That always happens? How do you justify your your power over your kids? Or do you allow them to do anything they want and not listen to rules- since you are a corrupt father (under your theory).

So, we are just children that need the police to oversee our every move? Is that the parallel that you are drawing here?

Always? That always happens? How do you justify your your power over your kids? Or do you allow them to do anything they want and not listen to rules- since you are a corrupt father (under your theory).

I've already stated I am referring to major social institutions and corporations. I guess I better clearly state every detail from now on so it is not taken out of context and manipulated.....

So, we are just children that need the police to oversee our every move? Is that the parallel that you are drawing here?
No. You misunderstood. If power corrupts, then parents are corrupt as they have POWER over their children.
John...your argument is absurd..
Parents certainly have influence over their children..
If a parent applied pepper spray, tasers or batons to non-compliant children and/or placed their children in handcuffs to restrain them, the state would remove the parents ability to influence them.

W44

Thats not what was said. He said Power corrupts as an argument against cops. My response is, if you take that statement and look at power dynamics in other situations, you can see that it makes no sense. Corruption is ALWAYS a possibility when given ANY type of power. It however is not a given though. Consider my example of parents. In some situations parents can be corrupted by the power they hold over their kids. Look at parents that excessively beat their kids- that is a corruption of the power they have over their kids. The same thing with cops, judges, supervisors, etc. Its ignorant to say that its ALWAYS the case though.

If you were to read my previous posts where I mention large corporations and social institutions, then you would know I wasn't referring to micro level things such as parents. Sorry for the confusion.

Since always? Every major social institution gets away with things. Look at the Catholic church. Look at major corporations and pollution. Look at government officials. Look at wealthy people such as actors and athletes. You think they all get treated the same as you and me when confronted with the justice system? Not even close.

Few posts back.

Post #6" No, a DUI is a Class A Misdemeanor unless it is a repeat conviction.

In TX 3rd time is a felony and they do take it real seriously. A lot pf people in prison in TX are there for repeat DUI/DWI. Not only that, but they nail you for two more years after the 1st one. Yeah, I know this isn't TX - for reference only.
1st Drunk Driving Conviction
•Jail – From 72 Hours to 180 Days
•Jail – From 180 Days to 2 Years (Child under 15 in Vehicle)
•License Suspension – From 90 to 365 Days
•Fine – Up to $2,000
•Fine – Up to $10,000 (Child under 15 in Vehicle)
•DWI Surcharge - $1,000 per Year for 3 Years
•DWI Surcharge - $2,000 per Year for 3 Years (BAC .16 or Above)
Second Texas DWI Offense
2nd Drunk Driving Conviction
•Jail – From 30 Days to 1 Year
•Jail – From 180 Days to 2 Years (Child under 15 in Vehicle)
•Fine – Up to $4,000
•Fine – Up to $10,000 (Child under 15 in Vehicle)
•DWI Surcharge - $1,500 per Year for 3 Years
•DWI Surcharge - $2,000 per Year for 3 Years (BAC .16 or Above)
•License Suspension – From 180 Days to 2 Years
3rd Drunk Driving Conviction
The 3rd conviction for a DWI in Texas is considered a 3rd degree felony.
•Jail – From 2 to 10 Years
•Fine – Up to $10,000
•License Suspension – From 180 Days to 2 Years
•Ignition Interlock Device

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show