JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hey, here is a tip- if you have been CONVICTED of a crime, your a criminal. Oh, wait, you were railroaded by cops and judges- big conspiracy. Come on...

Right......And if the cops in the OP are convicted they too are criminals.....Should criminals be cops?

And for clarification...I am not a criminal....no railroad nuthin'

So, you can't have it both ways. Either the LEO has to be a saint, or he is allowed the same mistakes you are. "breaking the law" in a "trivial way" is still breaking the law. Speeding endagers the public's well being and shows a lack of judgment as well.

Yep. Driving 60 in a 55 is exactly the same as going to a bar, getting hammered and driving down the road. That's why the carry the same penalty right? I stand corrected. LOL.

Small infractions that you can chalk up to human error, don't really fall under the same category as intentionally breaking the law as far as I am concerned. EVERYONE has violated the law to some extent in their life. The extent does matter.

Yep. Driving 60 in a 55 is exactly the same as going to a bar, getting hammered and driving down the road. That's why the carry the same penalty right? I stand corrected. LOL.

Small infractions that you can chalk up to human error, don't really fall under the same category as intentionally breaking the law as far as I am concerned. EVERYONE has violated the law to some extent in their life. The extent does matter.

Well, which ones are "small?" I'd say 60 in a 55 is a violation and even could lead to someone's death. Breaking the law is breaking the law, isn't it?

If human error is the measuring stick, manslaughter and reckless homicide should be a ticket, right?

Right......And if the cops in the OP are convicted they too are criminals.....Should criminals be cops?

And for clarification...I am not a criminal....no railroad nuthin'

So, you can get to the point that you realize you did something wrong? Good. Maybe these two will too- maybe they have????

This has to be a woman.No man is capable of reading in so many things that are not said.My ex could change everything I said around like this gal.

I'll dissect it for ya....Everybody here picks on cops.
You are not a man because you have not passed the test...This calling is so great that everybody should want to be a cop..If you could you would...
Not too subtly sayin' "anybody that asks the police to follow the law is weenie that was beat up in school (and therefore not worthy of consideration.)

So what is your opinion of the posters last sentence in the above quote...

What exactly do you mean? I do extensive volunteer work to better this nation. Many folks do... Again....I don't wanna be a cop...Do I have to be a cop to want good cops? Do I have to move to DC if want good representation? Again, I am away from home most weekends volunteerin' to make this Nation better. You make it better 'cause that's where you want to work...

And here is where we will differ..

Also here......My life experiences combine with the wisdom of ages when I say "power corrupts".

Are you serious? If the cops lose their licenses (My predictions are "not gonna happen") Will they lose their jobs? Or will they shuffle papers until they get diversion and then back at it?

Condescending much?

ditto

So why should I believe that you are anything but a cop apologist?

Okey bubblegummin' dokey to you bud....No double standard there bud..The Mayor fired the cop because in his experience (a lifetime on one small town force) any evidence brought by the fired cop would be tainted...and might release otherwise prosecutable criminals into our community....And there are more good men like him.....Some have left the force because of "Changes" in the policing community. Some stay.

Look ...bub......I don't make my mind up that fast...I really don't care what you think with your "okey-dokeys"

To read your words there are few if any transgressions committed by officers...My personal experience (and a little investigation) have proven otherwise...

You said it yourself....Cops are human...They will make mistakes....

How big of a mistake are you willing to forgive?

Cops are already given more rights than the rest of us (Officer safety don't ya know), When did they or do they become a "special class" of citizen...

I will state it again...........Those that wish to feed from the public trough MUST be held to a higher standard...Period.

"don't do the crime if ya can't do the time" Isn't that a cop saying?

W44

Apparently the officer that pulled me over for "suspected DUII" was a perfect soul...He felt that it was his duty to tell me all of the possible (if not very plausible) outcomes from my having one beer 3 hours and 150 miles away. He was so insistent that he kept me by the back of my vehicle for 15-20 minutes (without allowing me to retrieve a jacket) in a Gorge snow storm...His tactic worked well (kinda) as I was unable to perform a successful roadside sobriety check (uncontrollable shivering will do that to you). Fortunately after he transported me to the station for a "Breathalyzer" test the evidence supported the statements made by me....I also remember the courteous(Extreme sarcasm) manner in which he "released" me.. Only a perfect soul (Extreme sarcasm) would be so willing to judge another in that situation with such courtesy and concern for my well being. I thank him for his concern (not)..

W44
Uh... did you make this story up? I've never heard of being transported for DUII and then not charged...

Uh... did you make this story up? I've never heard of being transported for DUII and then not charged...

Obviously your comprehension is low tonight....The breathalyzer said 0.00%. Bearing out what I told the good officer....Back then Breathalyzers were at the station...

The E V I D E N C E didn't support the officers suspicions.
(I spelled it slow for you)

W44

breathalyzers are used AFTER you are arrested... always have been. sorry to bust your great story... what will you have to use now... wait, all of your close personal contacts with LEO, right???

Wheeler44- I can see you are frustrated. Your personal attacks and hostile attitude won't serve you well in life. Just like you, these two officers made mistakes. Let's hope they will be not as cynical as you.

breathalyzers are used AFTER you are arrested... always have been. sorry to bust your great story... what will you have to use now... wait, all of your close personal contacts with LEO, right???

Always John? Are you sure? 'cause it happened as I stated.

And if your statement is true, why is there no booking photo for the officer? Do cops get special treatment?

Sorry, no story busted....You are wrong in this instance.

I can tell you, these two were arrested and taken in, they were photographed. Not seeing one in the paper is not proof there were none taken.

Wheeler44- I can see you are frustrated. Your personal attacks and hostile attitude won't serve you well in life. Just like you, these two officers made mistakes. Let's hope they will be not as cynical as you.
Thanks for the life lesson John...Here is one for you...Sometimes things are as stated or as they appear..If you cannot accept that; please accept the message in the above captioned post (the part about cynicism that is).

I don't know what mistakes of mine you are referring to.

It sure wasn't doin' 72 in a 60 MPH zone with a .12% buzz on...

You can make apologies for the officers all you want...Please don't drag me down with them...They will face the judge on this...I'll just be in the gallery.

W44

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads