JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
This was a couple of years ago in Oakland, CA
A good lesson for maintaining situational awareness.
You're already vulnerable pumping gas, don't be playing with your phone.

Last Edited:
This was a couple of years ago in Oakland, CA
A good lesson for maintaining situational awareness.
You're already vulnerable pumping gas, don't be playing with your phone.

Almost got car jacked in 1986 in the sh&t town. Damn animals there.
Bunch guys jumped out in front of my car at a red light as I came up on it, and floored it,
lets just say I didn't swerve away from the impeding objects, or should I say targets?

It was my damn fault was coming from and event, and missed the exit that goes through the tunnel.
But I knew there was another onramp a few miles up. Anyways, was with my wife to be
at the time, and was not focused as I should have been :) But I was still aware, head on the swivel still.

It's always easy to play captain hindsight or couch quarterback watching videos like this so that being said instead of running out to the other side of the pump to continue engaging the perps he would've been better off taking a defensive position behind the rear of his car.

As soon as he came around that pump he got shot. Fortunately it was 22 rounds and not something more powerful. And at least he got one of them.

The retired cop had 22 gun shot holes and lived???? WOW! He also killed one of the attackers.

"It's no small feat that the 52-year-old retired Oakland police captain is working out at this Hayward gym with his trainer, who also happens to be an associate pastor with whom he studies the Bible every week.

Joyner's body was pierced with 22 bullet wounds after being shot by four men who also grabbed his necklace, cash and watch while pumping gas at the Chevron station at 17th and Castro streets in the middle of the afternoon on Oct. 21. He also ended up killing one of his attackers.

Three months later, all that really hurts now, Joyner said, is his pinky finger, which stiffens up when it gets cold.

Joyner is grateful but matter-of-fact about his miraculous recovery.

And in an extensive, exclusive interview this week with KTVU, Joyner described the most traumatizing day of his life for the first time. One that has changed his outlook forever.

"I'm just happy to be alive," Joyner said. "I thought I was going to die several times. I thought for sure this was it. I want to glorify God in his greatness, and it's His grace that I survived that."

"https://www.ktvu.com/news/ersie-joy...urviving-22-bullet-wounds-in-oakland-shootout

Last Edited:
Ummm, having been a gun guy in CA, I wanna say eph him.
At no point did I, or anyone else not annointed thug of the state, get to go armed for self defence...
Best I could do is say I'm not Reginald Denny.

Joe

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top