JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay, if they ask then here's my photo of some of my magazines!

1669613066740.png

If you want to do something simple, with as little effort as possible, that actually has some teeth to it - complete an affidavit.

You can do it yourself.

Create a list of your mags: Brand, Caliber, Capacity and Quantity of each type of mag.

Prior to the effective date of BM 114 - prepare an Affidavit (that will be notarized) with a statement that the attached inventory list of magazines (Exhibit A) were acquired by you prior to the date BM 114 takes effect. Or pick a date before BM 114 takes effect, e.g., December 1, 2022.

Take the affidavit to a notary and get your signature notified before the effective date of BM 114. (Your bank will probably notarized it for free.)

Don't need photos, which really won't prove anything more than your written inventory list.

The kicker here is - you've made a sworn statement that, if admitted to a court, is punishable by perjury if you lied. So, photos don't really add anything.

Stick it in your safe-deposit box, gun safe, in a plastic bag in your toilet tank, or wherever.

Google how to prepare your own sworn affidavit. Affidavit templates designed to be self-prepared and then notarized are all over the internet. It is simple and you can do it completely by yourself (other than the notarization).

If you want to do something simple, with as little effort as possible, that actually has some teeth to it - complete an affidavit.

You can do it yourself.

Create a list of your mags: Brand, Caliber, Capacity and Quantity of each type of mag.

Prior to the effective date of BM 114 - prepare an Affidavit (that will be notarized) with a statement that the attached inventory list of magazines (Exhibit A) were acquired by you prior to the date BM 114 takes effect. Or pick a date before BM 114 takes effect, e.g., December 1, 2022.

Take the affidavit to a notary and get your signature notified before the effective date of BM 114. (Your bank will probably notarized it for free.)

Don't need photos, which really won't prove anything more than your written inventory list.

The kicker here is - you've made a sworn statement that, if admitted to a court, is punishable by perjury if you lied. So, photos don't really add anything.

Stick it in your safe-deposit box, gun safe, in a plastic bag in your toilet tank, or wherever.

Google how to prepare your own sworn affidavit. Affidavit templates designed to be self-prepared and then notarized are all over the internet. It is simple and you can do it completely by yourself (other than the notarization).

Hmmm....

I wonder if the inverse would also apply as an affidavit?

"I will not purchase standard capacity magazines after X date" - get that signed & notarized.

Then you won't need to share an inventory / notary won't be privy to your inventory...

Edit, adding: an oversimplified example - so someone has a concern over "a" magazine being confiscated (for some reason), or charged with "a" or "a few" magazines (for some reason). They go to court over such. Why produce an inventory?? -- THAT could result in all of them being confiscated. Yes?

Last Edited:
Hmmm....

I wonder if the inverse would also apply as an affidavit?

"I will not purchase standard capacity magazines after X date" - get that signed & notarized.

Then you won't need to share an inventory / notary won't be privy to your inventory...

Edit, adding: an oversimplified example - so someone has a concern over "a" magazine being confiscated (for some reason), or charged with "a" or "a few" magazines (for some reason). They go to court over such. Why produce an inventory?? -- THAT could result in all of them being confiscated. Yes?
By the time I get to court everything will have already been confiscated. I'll be fighting to get charges dropped and eventually get my property back.

I have always marked my mags I carry, but never done anything to the mags that just sit in the safe.
Well, with the new law I lazered my initials and the month and year on pretty much everything I own, even the mages I rarely use.

My favorite is the 33rd Glock mags I have for a PCC build. Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions came up with a saying that might even get by some of the lawmakers here in Oregon.

Its a joke people

20221130_172302.jpg

Last Edited:
I have always marked my mags I carry, but never done anything to the mags that just sit in the safe.
Well, with the new law I put layered my initials and the month and year on pretty much everything I own, even the mages I rarely use.

My favorite is the 33rd Glock mags I have for a PCC build. Steve at Adaptive Firing Solutions came up with a saying that might even get by some of the lawmakers here in Oregon.

View attachment 1322057
I live in WA, and I numbering my mags mainly so I can track which ones are working well and which ones may be giving me problems.

Secondarily, WA also violates the Second Amendment similarly to all west coast states, so my numbering helps out for me here too.

I number my mags to keep track of them for functional reasons. It's easier to ID ones that give you problems.

Putting any personal identification on them helps you in no way against the state.

Anyone can etch any combination of letters, numbers and symbols on anything at any given time.

I live in WA, and I numbering my mags mainly so I can track which ones are working well and which ones may be giving me problems.
Good idea.

I am not marking my mags with a date. That can be done at any time, before or after the law goes into effect and is not evidence that they were in my possession before 12/8/22. Records as to their purchase/delivery should be adequate, but I don't have that for all mags.

I am not really concerned about the issue

Good idea.

I am not marking my mags with a date. That can be done at any time, before or after the law goes into effect and is not evidence that they were in my possession before 12/8/22. Records as to their purchase/delivery should be adequate, but I don't have that for all mags.

I am not really concerned about the issue
Siiiiigh…. the state would have to prove you didn't own them prior to whatever arbitrary date beyond a reasonable doubt or preponderance , not you having to prove you did.

Siiiiigh…. the state would have to prove you didn't own them prior to whatever arbitrary date beyond a reasonable doubt or preponderance , not you having to prove you did.
It is easy to mark mags with anything you want at any time. That isn't evidence "beyond the preponderance of doubt", and certainly not beyond a reasonable doubt. That is no different than is a piece of paper in your handwriting, saying you owned the mags on 12/7/22.

If the mags had a manufacturer date on them, that is different.

Now an invoice and a receipt and an email saying they were delivered, with a tracking number - that is a bit harder to fake.

Absolutely not. And anyone that does…..well never mind. I just hope people stop shilling to .gov. There is NO where in 114 that says you have to photograph and/or serialize your property.

Not only compliance, but OVER compliant. No wonder we are where we are.

I worked on a commercial building where the owner showed up in a Rolls Royce, I should have taken a picture and told People that I own it. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
I'm going to do that in Safeway tomorrow. Just photograph everything in the shoppinf cart and walk out the door. If anyone asks, show them the picture and tell them "I own this now, see?".

I might upgrade my truck in the parking lot too.

The wife is getting kinda long in the tooth as well...hmm.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top