JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Ok, People are saying to Document that you have had Pistols and Mags that hold more then 10 rounds before 114. So you will have proof and won't get arrested when 114 becomes Law. Well if you can not buy anything that holds more than 10 rounds it would have to be Pre 114. All States are suppose to follow Oregon law so no sale there. How can they hold you to anything if you can't buy it after 114 becomes Law.

I'm thinking of getting a signed affidavit from a notary public after I mark my mags with an electric engraver with my initials, date, and numbering. Props to the member here (I forget) who mentioned the Harbor Freight engraver.

I would think that would be more than sufficient in a court of law.

Take a dated picture.

The burden of proof is on the state.
Look up the definition of affirmative defense.

ETA: There is another thread on this at:

Last Edited:
I pooped today. That's the extent that I care about documenting what I have. They can eat a bag of d!cks.

If they become unlawful to sell after some random date wouldn't my having them* tend to indicate that I had them prior to that random date?

* Barring the state having video of me buying them out of state or something

Take a dated picture.

Look up the definition of affirmative defense.

ETA: There is another thread on this at:
The burden of proof is still on the state.

This isn't a new concept as it has been around since the Magna Carta.

If you want to dismiss the entire burden of proof concept you can but it is still protected under the 5th, 6th and 14th amendment. Even a public defender in Multnomah county would be able to assert this as an affirmable defense against the state which didn't have proof of your wrongdoing.

Not marking anything!

provit.jpg

I am not even worried one bit. They can fly a kite they will need to prove i bought them after the law goes in effect. If for some reason I actually get arrested for it I'll just log into a few site. They will see all the mags I bought and suck a nut.

They say an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. I already have a plan for documentation, though I doubt I'll ever need it. That said, if I got hauled in front of a judge, I'd sure be glad to have some kind of proof

This is the attitude we all need to have!
Individuals should do what they deem is best for them…..

But until we become a collective group and push back together these things will continue to pass and our rights will continue to be stripped. I don't see us coming together any time soon. Sadly.

I think I'll get a picture of a few grade school classes in a group photo, with each one of the students holding one of my magazines, in front of something that dates the photo. And a snarky sign, "Do it for the chillens !"

Me and 4 or 5 friends are laying all of our mags out together and photographing them for proof of ownership. It is for the state to prove I don't own the mags in the picture of 600+ magazines on the floor of my garage.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top