JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
If I have ten Glock 19 mags and a receipt for 10 Glock 19 mags dated 12/1/22 - that is enough, unless the gov can find another 10 mags in my possession for which I do not have a receipt.

But that is not something I am worrying about.
That would certainly strengthen a defense. I had not stopped to consider a limited number of mags purchased all at one time and no others exist. My bad.

I was assuming others are like me where they are here and there, purchased here and there over time and even I couldn't tell you where or when they came from with any degree of accuracy.

It has never been a legal requirement to keep receipts for any firearm related purchases so... I have not. Intentionally at times.

"Where, when, and from who did you obtain that walther ppk/s?"

If it's good enough to satisfy the Senate.... It's good enough for me. 🤣

Lookup the words "affirmative defense", then go search for those words in the text of 114
Very true, however, "affirmative defense" is just that... defense to a charge. There must reasonable cause to levy the charge before you are obligated to offer an affirmative defense.

It's not... "you must provide affirmative defense" or you will be charged. The charge has to come first.

All it does is remove the burden of proof for the prosecution that would normally be required for a conviction. That doesn't mean frivolous charges can be filed against you without reasonable cause. The standard for that is low, but must still exist.

That would certainly strengthen a defense. I had not stopped to consider a limited number of mags purchased all at one time and no others exist. My bad.

I was assuming others are like me where they are here and there, purchased here and there over time and even I couldn't tell you where or when they came from with any degree of accuracy.
I certainly have mags that I don't have a receipt for - especially mags that came with a particular gun, plus mags I bought at gun shows, plus mags I bought from an individual, not online.

Like I and others have said, I doubt LEOs will come knocking on doors asking to see your mags - for one thing, any mag you keep at home is okay unless they can prove you bought it after 12/8/22

No, people who get charged for having mags of > 10 rds, will be someone they want to charge for something else involving the use of a gun, and it will be an add on charge.

People are making a mountain out of a molehill on this issue.

Again, lots of hand wringing over an issue that's already been settled by the SCOTUS…. Bans on magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds has already been shot down by the Supremes….

The lower courts have been slapped on the pee pee by the Supremes for upholding such bans….

It's a done deal boys and girls…. Now we have to do our part, civil disobedience is called for when unjust laws are enacted. We have a moral obligation to not comply…

I number my mags to keep track of them for functional reasons. It's easier to ID ones that give you problems.
^^^This and the ability to distinguish your mags from fellow trainees' mags on the range after they have hit the dirt and been kicked around are the only legit reasons I can think of to mark magazines, something that many have done long prior to the existence of 114.

^^^This and the ability to distinguish your mags from fellow trainees' mags on the range after they have hit the dirt and been kicked around are the only legit reasons I can think of to mark magazines, something that many have done long prior to the existence of 114.
Yep, mine get labeled for EZ gun ID and numbered so I can figure out which ones run poorly as they wear.
PXL_20221120_025531475.jpg

Yep, mine get labeled for EZ gun ID and numbered so I can figure out which ones run poorly as they wear.
View attachment 1322260
I don't number mine. That's discrimination and devalues their self worth... didn't ya know...???

You're supposed to use positives. "Excellent!", "Great Effort!", "Very Good!", "Great Work!"

(Sorry! Subconscious Woke Fart. The trauma is real!!) 🤣

Again, lots of hand wringing over an issue that's already been settled by the SCOTUS…. Bans on magazines with a capacity greater than 10 rounds has already been shot down by the Supremes….

The lower courts have been slapped on the pee pee by the Supremes for upholding such bans….

It's a done deal boys and girls…. Now we have to do our part, civil disobedience is called for when unjust laws are enacted. We have a moral obligation to not comply…
no they haven't. will they hopefully. all SCOTUS did was refuse to hear the case and tell the lower court to look at it again using their new rules. no court has ruled any magazine ban unconstitutional yet. ny,nj,cal,wa, and co mag bans all still stand today. the 9th circuit sent it back down to lower courts. cal plans to appeal it again after that court rules it illegal(as they already did using same logic SCOTUS said to) then it'll go back to 9th who could rule same way sending it back to SCOTUS after gun owners appeal. they know this this is why they sent it back to lower court to start over and delay it as long as possible. wa case about their gun ban is scheduled for dec 2023. I'm unware of any challenges to Colorado ban. so we wait for calls ban bo move forward as it's the one to be heard first. I'm sure wa will be appealed to 9th after they side with the state. ours is only just in beginning part. so we're looking at months to years before any of this is struck down. now SCOTUs if they really cared about our rights could taken the case and struck it down across the nation once and for all, but no 2a as few of the Supreme Court judges have said is treated as a 2nd class right and ignored.

I marked my mags with my initials because it saved me hassles at the range and at matches. Vis a vis these laws today. If they ever actually come after our magazines, they won't care what we've written, photographed or otherwise documented on them.

Awesome thank you. I'll have to get me some of those I think. Looks convenient for regular storage or grab n go.
Yep, that is it. I use some spray glue to attach the "lid" foam to the back for a bit of support (but probably not necessary), then they just sit on top of the safe.
I also take some of the foam plugs and cut them down and stuff them in some of the holes so shorter mags don't slide in too far.

OTOH - if you put something on a mag that can be traced back to you, and you get in an exchange of bullets, drop a mag or two, and then decide to leave as fast as possible without policing brass and mags, this is one more thing that can be traced to you.

If I have ten Glock 19 mags and a receipt for 10 Glock 19 mags dated 12/1/22 - that is enough, unless the gov can find another 10 mags in my possession for which I do not have a receipt.

But that is not something I am worrying about.
You are putting way too much thought into this. Exactly what they want.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top