JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
if you could only own one revolver which caliber would it be and why?

I would like to purchase 1 revolver to have one in the safe, but I really only want 1. I am to much of a semi auto fan to own any more (or so I am thinking at the moment)

At first I was thinking 22lr because I am a huge rimfire fan, its my favorite caliber to shoot.

But then I got to thinking, I do alot of outdoor stuff, backpacking, hiking, camping, kayaking, ect.. I have never carried during any of this but I am thinking so far I have been lucky and maybe I should start to carry before I run into any problems! I think I would trust a revolver over a semi auto being out in the woods, since there is a greater chance of it getting really dirty.

Though call, a 22lr that I would love and shoot all the time, or something else that would probably get shot a couple times a year at the most but possibly save my life?? (I could always just take a semi auto camping, ect.??

Any advice??

Simple answer, S&W 686 4" (no lock)

Can be used for defense against pretty much all two legged and four legged creatures around, can also be conceal carried, and makes a great target or plinking gun.

When I go backpacking I carry my Ruger SP101, 2" barrel, bobbed hammer. I carry .357 mag, but 38+P is also good.

You could consider an eight shot .22 wmr revolver, a lot more hit than the lowly .22 LR, and yet still small, relatively cheap to shoot.

My personal favourite is my Ruger Security Six DA revolver in .357. I can also use .38 Spl, and .38 Spl +P for slightly less cost and recoil.. along with reduced range. A tad on the heavier side of life, but its pretty good.... packs a LOT of punch with the Mag loads, but fairly cheap to shoot using .38 Spl And still packs a fair amount of authority.

163565_large.jpg

Well since both of my wheel guns are in 44 mag. I'll go with that as my suggestion. For an outdoor woods gun I personally prefer as big a round as possible. But 357 Magnum would be a decent second choice.

I've gotten rid of all but two of my revolvers. When it gets to the point that there is only one left (which is a real possibility) the one remaining will be my Old Model Ruger .41 Mag Blackhawk.

Smith & Wesson pinned & recessed Model 66 (.357 mag stainless K frame)with a 4" barrel.

Agreed.:s0155:

Second choice would be a 4" 686 (pre MIM, pre lock)
Third Choice would be a 4" Model 65 (again, pre MIM, pre lock)
Fourth choice would be a snub nose sp101 Ruger in .357
Fifth choice would be the 4" Stainless GP100 in .357

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews