JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AS is an azzhole. Just so you know. Long story but I met him when I was 16 and he was a jerk.

Great Falls, Montana, 1973: My Dad is city cop assigned to the international airport for airport security (Cuban hijackings recent). I am out of high school on delayed enlistment (official and granted version or temporary draft-dodgement; ya still had ta go in!)

Clint Eastwood, George Kennedy, et al. arrive for filming of "Thunderbolt and Lightfoot".
Dad had called me previous and told me to come up to the Airport.

Eastwood (wrap-glasses engaged) said little or nothing to anybody. Proceeded direct to the limo.
Dad easily engaged George in conversation.
Big Guy.
Dad offered him a cheeseburger.
I got to sit eating next to my Dad across a tiny table looking at one of the hugest men I have ever seen. I still remember his hand entirely covered the Coke glass.

I was NOT a child, but I was entirely impressed.
knew to be quiet, but George engaged me in every part of the conversation.

They allowed spectators (and employed a huge amount of local people) in the filming. It was an earlier Malpaso production (Eastwood's deal). I still idolize Eastwood, but George Kennedy I ate with.

I'm surprised I am only the second person to request Jesus. I mean if there is anyone who deserves to have a beer bought for him, it's that guy.
Two others I'd like to talk to are a distant ancestor who signed the Irish Declaration of Independence (and was promptly executed by the British for it) or Samuel Clemens.

Jimi Hendrix over lunch, with the inevitable blues jam in the afternoon.
A young Grace Kelly over dinner, a light midnight snack and late brunch.

I'd give a pretty big sum of money to have ten minutes with my dad again, sober or drunk. He's been gone since 1984. He is greatly missed.

Jimi Hendrix over lunch, with the inevitable blues jam in the afternoon.
A young Grace Kelly over dinner, a light midnight snack and late brunch.

Ahh...Grace Kelly... Upon her announcement that she was indeed now pregnant by the Prince of Monaco, United States newspapers announced a weather report: "A litte Rainier nine months from now."

I can so dig it. Hopefully he would not get too morose with the "I am become death, destroyer of worlds" stuff.

(Jokes aside; most fascinating dude, and I'd have loved to hoisted a cold one with him.)
I did get drunk with a nuclear physicist who was once in charge of setting off h-bombs underground out in the desert. He showed me his cactus collection and lamented that he dreams of lighting up a nuke, just one more time... :eek:

As for who I'd like to spend more time with, my mom and dad have passed on. I'd like to spend more time with ether of them, specially my mom. She was a great lady and I have probably the most respect for her of any person I would ever meet past, present or future except for my wife & son. She was uneducated but smart and resourceful and hard working.

Parents split when I was 13 and my mom worked no less then 2 jobs for the entire time after that. She only just stopped working when she was confined to a bed for copd. She made her way through this world unlike modern folks, by working her way though in any capacity necessary and always doing well and having many friends. Any where she went she made friends, lot of them. She was like that. World could use many more like her.

Had less close of a relationship with my dad, still would have like to known him better and spent more time working out some issues we had. Never quite got there even though we did spend more time together later in his life.

Last Edited:
My Dad. Gone since 1986. Think of him each day. He was LDS but would occasionally sip. As many stories as he told me about Wyoming I never got enough. I figure a couple down the hatch and I could hear some more neat stories.
Dad? Unless one didn't have a good relationship with their dad, who wouldn't? It's been 4 years and we've got it almost all sorted out, but I sure had a lot of questions I wish I'd asked before he passed.
My granddad. He passed when I was 9. Never got a chance to really get to know the man.
My grandpa on Dad's side, especially in the 40's or earlier. He'd "been converted" in the early 50's, but was a big, hard working, hard drinking man who worked the shipyards in WWII and was known to clear the tavern if angered up. His cousin, who was like our replacement for Grandpa, told me a couple of stories and Dad had one, himself. Nobody, and I mean NOBODY! messed with Rollie. He died shortly before my 7th birthday and I never really got to know him, either.
Scan_20200509 (2).jpg

I'm surprised I am only the second person to request Jesus. I mean if there is anyone who deserves to have a beer bought for him, it's that guy.
Two others I'd like to talk to are a distant ancestor who signed the Irish Declaration of Independence (and was promptly executed by the British for it) or Samuel Clemens.
Samuel Clemens? Nah, he was just a storyteller. :D

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR