JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
John Banner, Sgt Schulz from Hogan's Heroes. Who wouldn't want to party with Schulzie? The man was a genius actor. He played the part so well that he was banned from traveling to W. Germany. The German's thought that he and Werner Klemperer made total fools out of them. In fact, the next German Shepherd I get I am naming him Schulzie. How can you not?

Janis Joplin ...
Andy

My mother is the biggest Joplin fan ever and saw her in concert back in the prehistoric days of hippydom. One of the funnest moments we had in recent years was I sent her a video of my daughter being spectacularly wacky, even by toddler standards, to the strains of "Piece of my Heart". Made my elderly mother fill with joy, so mission accomplished. :D

After a pint of Southern Comfort, she'd be equipped to do Monterey Pop Festival. After YOUR pint of Southern Comfort (she ain't sharin' and neither are you), your mule don't even show up.
Dude...
I get it , she was a hard drinker ( among other things )
This is a FANTASY...and I've always been attracted to her and her music...
So...
If you ain't got nothin' to say that is constructive...stay outta My fantasy
Andy

Dude...
I get it , she was a hard drinker ( among other things )
This is a FANTASY...and I've always been attracted to her and her music...
So...
If you ain't got nothin' to say that is constructive...stay outta My fantasy
Andy

It was my fantasy. You stole it. I had to destroy it for you.
(Insert maniacal laugh here)

We're on the same wavelength, man.

John Banner, Sgt Schulz from Hogan's Heroes. Who wouldn't want to party with Schulzie? The man was a genius actor. He played the part so well that he was banned from traveling to W. Germany. The German's thought that he and Werner Klemperer made total fools out of them. In fact, the next German Shepherd I get I am naming him Schulzie. How can you not?
I had read that both John Banner and Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) were both Jewish and that Klemperer demanded that the Nazis were to always lose and must always look foolish doing it before he would be willing to take the role.
They obliged him.

I had read that both John Banner and Werner Klemperer (Col. Klink) were both Jewish and that Klemperer demanded that the Nazis were to always lose and must always look foolish doing it before he would be willing to take the role.
They obliged him.

My Mama was visibly frustrated with my (WWII Vet) father (and my) fascination with Hogan's Heroes. She articulated her protest more than once with her central argument being, "There is NOTHING funny about Nazi's!"

I still watch reruns of it...but never without her voice overriding the soundtrack.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top