Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

If it's between Jeb and Hillary.....?????

Discussion in 'Legal & Political Archive' started by Dave Workman, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Dave Workman

Dave Workman Western Washington Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

2. etrain16

etrain16 Oregon Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter

Damn Dave, it's Monday - no need to put that kind of grief in front of us so early in the week.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic that neither will make it to the final election. Lot's of stuff to happen between now and Nov 2016. All I can say is that my vote wouldn't go to Hillary - she would be worse, but either one is a poor choice.

3. Caveman Jim

Caveman Jim West of Oly Springer Slayer 2016 Volunteer

It sure as HEII will not be Killary!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
    How dare you speak of such atrocities on a Monday morning!!!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

Might as well be given the choice..

If you are up to your chin in a cesspool and somebody throws a bucket of puke at you would you duck?

It's a no win for America either way.

5. Joe13

Joe13 NW of Vancouver Opinionated & Blunt Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer 2016 Volunteer

If I have those two for choices, I might vote communist or worse - the Green Party...

Redcap likes this.
  6. Classic

Classic Federal Way WA Well-Known Member

Hmmm No choice here even though both totally suck. One has always supported the 2nd Amendment and the other does anything they want and doesn't shiv a git about the lives of our service folks.
    This is a gun site right? I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes in the right to bear arms?
    Hillary? You've GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Dave, you got it right about the holier than thou voting for the "off party"....
    Read the article folks!

7. Just Jim

Just Jim Well-Known Member

No way I would ever vote for Hillary.

Caveman Jim, etrain16 and Redcap like this.
  8. JO JO

JO JO Vancouver WA Active Member

I thought speaking of Hillary is a flag able act :s0133:

coyotecaller, Caveman Jim and Joe13 like this.
  9. timac

timac Loading Magazines! Well-Known Member

I'll write in Rand Paul. I refuse to vote for what we're given.

10. rick benjamin

rick benjamin USA, Or, Damascus Secure the drama Silver Supporter 2016 Volunteer

I vote each and every election and I vote alone, in the woods...

coyotecaller likes this.
  11. rltrim46ford

rltrim46ford lebanon Well-Known Member

A vote for anyone other than the republican candidate is a vote for the democlap candidate, no way around it.

Caveman Jim and Classic like this.
  12. Cheby

Cheby Portland, OR Active Member

It does not matter who is running actually. If the 2A is important to you, do not vote Democrat. The names are totally irrelevant. It is THAT simple.

Caveman Jim and Classic like this.
  13. ThePhonMan

ThePhonMan Spokanistan Gold Supporter Gold Supporter

Great article Dave.

The 2A seems to create an interesting conundrum when it comes to voting.

Lets use an innocuous example as a comparison; fluoridated water (which isn’t a constitutional right yet but play along would ya).

If a company, organization or political party was actively pursuing an agenda to force fluoridated water on the masses and I was adamantly against fluoridated water for whatever reason I would NEVER do business with, support or vote for anyone associated with any of these entities nor would I provide any form of support to the entities themselves. It would stand to reason that my actions, albeit small in comparison to massive lobbying efforts to the contrary, would be grounded in principle and easily defensible.

Now if you insert “2A” in place of fluoridated water you get a mamby-pamby response like “I’m super pro 2A but…. Every other social issue is a higher priority to me so I will blindly vote for the party that is anti-second amendment since my personal representative is somewhat luke-warm on the 2A issue or hasn’t taken any specific anti-2A action that I care to describe”

Really? The fact that you are contributing to the majority of a party that is ACTIVELY PURSUING gun prohibition policies hasn’t entered into your thought process? At a minimum, just don’t vote and leave the selection process to people who care about our real rights

I fully expect in this election cycle (as in the past) we will hear from our fellow gun-owning friends stating that one candidate “hasn’t done enough on the 2A” to warrant switching parties while the entire alternate party continues to advocate for more restrictive gun laws on law abiding citizens (and often more lenient sentences on the idiots committing crimes).

I guess free cell phones, "universal healthcare" and 100 weeks of unemployment are more important than protecting our constitutional rights. I must have missed those pages in the constitution, bill of rights or some other governing document.

Let the flames begin…

Caveman Jim likes this.
  14. U201491

U201491 Well-Known Member

Caveman Jim and Garg like this.
  15. Starsky

Starsky Willamette Valley New Member

Neither one. We don't need another Bush and we can't survive another Clinton. There's still a long, long ways to go and I really don't think we'll be voting on this matchup.

16. OLDNEWBIE

OLDNEWBIE State of Flux Well-Known Member

Hayshaker, BoonDocks36 and U201491 like this.
  17. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

As was said some time ago by someone...who knows?
    Be ye prepared

Get your ducks in a row cause Hillary will be your next president
    hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but if you are a betting man,put your money on anyone but her.
    You won't make money betting on her for president.

PLEASE,please prove me wrong
    Please?:(

Caveman Jim likes this.
  18. RB87

RB87 Oregon Active Member

Heh, this is cute. You act as if there is a point to voting anymore. Sorry, watching Mittens flail about was the last straw for me. The GOP hasn't done anything since that merits putting up with another lying milquetoast candidate and certainly not King Jorge Bush the III.

19. PiratePast40

PiratePast40 Willamette Valley Well-Known Member

So you'd rather have Hillery?

I can understand your frustration but we'll never get 100% of what we want. I despise the fact that Jeb sides with Harry Reid on stalling and dithering when it comes to matters of national security, but if it's between the two, I'd still have to go with him. There's something inside of me that refuses to vote for Monica Lewinskis' ex boyfriends wife.

BoonDocks36 likes this.
  20. Martini_Up

Martini_Up NW USA Well-Known Member

It's also cute when people think the GOP supports the 2nd amendment and vote blindly for anyone with an R after their name.:rolleyes:
    Just ask those folks to look at all the federal firearms laws and look who signed them.