JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
If it comes down to Jeb v. Hillary, who do gun owners vote for?

… The next president will appoint the next Supreme Court justices, along with the next string of lower federal court judges, who are appointed for life…

<broken link removed>

Damn Dave, it's Monday - no need to put that kind of grief in front of us so early in the week.

Personally, I'm cautiously optimistic that neither will make it to the final election. Lot's of stuff to happen between now and Nov 2016. All I can say is that my vote wouldn't go to Hillary - she would be worse, but either one is a poor choice.

Might as well be given the choice..

If you are up to your chin in a cesspool and somebody throws a bucket of puke at you would you duck?

It's a no win for America either way.

Hmmm No choice here even though both totally suck. One has always supported the 2nd Amendment and the other does anything they want and doesn't shiv a git about the lives of our service folks.
This is a gun site right? I'm sure I'm not the only one who believes in the right to bear arms?
Hillary? You've GOT TO BE KIDDING!!!:confused::confused::confused:

Dave, you got it right about the holier than thou voting for the "off party"....
Read the article folks!

It does not matter who is running actually. If the 2A is important to you, do not vote Democrat. The names are totally irrelevant. It is THAT simple.

Great article Dave.

The 2A seems to create an interesting conundrum when it comes to voting.

Lets use an innocuous example as a comparison; fluoridated water (which isn't a constitutional right yet but play along would ya).

If a company, organization or political party was actively pursuing an agenda to force fluoridated water on the masses and I was adamantly against fluoridated water for whatever reason I would NEVER do business with, support or vote for anyone associated with any of these entities nor would I provide any form of support to the entities themselves. It would stand to reason that my actions, albeit small in comparison to massive lobbying efforts to the contrary, would be grounded in principle and easily defensible.

Now if you insert "2A" in place of fluoridated water you get a mamby-pamby response like "I'm super pro 2A but…. Every other social issue is a higher priority to me so I will blindly vote for the party that is anti-second amendment since my personal representative is somewhat luke-warm on the 2A issue or hasn't taken any specific anti-2A action that I care to describe"

Really? The fact that you are contributing to the majority of a party that is ACTIVELY PURSUING gun prohibition policies hasn't entered into your thought process? At a minimum, just don't vote and leave the selection process to people who care about our real rights

I fully expect in this election cycle (as in the past) we will hear from our fellow gun-owning friends stating that one candidate "hasn't done enough on the 2A" to warrant switching parties while the entire alternate party continues to advocate for more restrictive gun laws on law abiding citizens (and often more lenient sentences on the idiots committing crimes).

I guess free cell phones, "universal healthcare" and 100 weeks of unemployment are more important than protecting our constitutional rights. I must have missed those pages in the constitution, bill of rights or some other governing document.

Let the flames begin…

If it comes down to Jeb v. Hillary, who do gun owners vote for?

… The next president will appoint the next Supreme Court justices, along with the next string of lower federal court judges, who are appointed for life…

<broken link removed>

Thats like a choice between satan or jaws......................
Or 2 of the 3 stooges.....

As was said some time ago by someone...who knows?
Be ye prepared

Get your ducks in a row cause Hillary will be your next president
hate to be the bearer of bad tidings but if you are a betting man,put your money on anyone but her.
You won't make money betting on her for president.

PLEASE,please prove me wrong
Please?:(

Heh, this is cute. You act as if there is a point to voting anymore. Sorry, watching Mittens flail about was the last straw for me. The GOP hasn't done anything since that merits putting up with another lying milquetoast candidate and certainly not King Jorge Bush the III.

Heh, this is cute. You act as if there is a point to voting anymore. Sorry, watching Mittens flail about was the last straw for me. The GOP hasn't done anything since that merits putting up with another lying milquetoast candidate and certainly not King Jorge Bush the III.
So you'd rather have Hillery?

I can understand your frustration but we'll never get 100% of what we want. I despise the fact that Jeb sides with Harry Reid on stalling and dithering when it comes to matters of national security, but if it's between the two, I'd still have to go with him. There's something inside of me that refuses to vote for Monica Lewinskis' ex boyfriends wife.

It's also cute when people think the GOP supports the 2nd amendment and vote blindly for anyone with an R after their name.:rolleyes:
Just ask those folks to look at all the federal firearms laws and look who signed them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top