JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
That trafficker was already ignoring dozens of laws that prohibited him from possessing those guns, so to be clear I am not asserting that some additional law would be in any way beneficial to society. These types of people arm up and do their thing anyway. My point is that traffickers are not part of what I consider the 2A community.

Firearm owners are 2A's worst enemies, and best friends. Until the whole of the gun owning community unites and fight back, infringements are gonna keep on going, voters are gonna vote for whoever they want, people are gonna do nothing more symbolic than not voting or actually voting against gun rights; and continue to complain about the losing groups.

Too many people are all in with Rights being privilieges given by the Almighty Government and not comfortable with the idea that liberty is something that each individual has to fight for themselves and not allow government to take away

In what way are you assuming everyone of the members here have endured some sort of 2A infringement other than being frightened by words from a relatively small group of old people in DC? Not trying to be a dik, but I have been listening to this same narrative online for 20+ years and the only thing that has come to fruition is the fear about what might happen but never has.

The assault weapons ban that already occurred though thankfully had an end date - were you alive for that or was that conveniently left out of your "fear about what might happen, but never has" claim.

I remember my uncle owning 10 round pistol magazines and was shocked when I pulled out my 17 round magazines because during his entire time of owning guns it had been during the time of the AWB and whereas mine primarily started after that had been rescinded.

If you have never been subjected to doing a background check to receive a firearm, then you also deserve congratulations. There are a million ways from Sunday in which are 2A rights are infringed upon to one degree or another. I have to believe that there are very few people here who have been able to avoid them all.
Okay, it would have been nice to know you meant that background checks at the LGS are a means of dot gov oppression.

The assault weapons ban that already occurred though thankfully had an end date - were you alive for that or was that conveniently left out of your "fear about what might happen, but never has" claim.

I remember my uncle owning 10 round pistol magazines and was shocked when I pulled out my 17 round magazines because during his entire time of owning guns it had been during the time of the AWB and whereas mine primarily started after that had been rescinded.
My guess is I am quite a bit older that you and am fully aware of the idiotic AWB that did nothing and was a means for some of us to snap up all those evil LEO and Military only marked 30rnd AR mags, for a fraction or the price because people were skeered of owning them for fear the paper tiger would come kick in their door and shoot their cat. I am also quite aware that the AWB does not exist anymore.

During the AWB era, there were still a great many AR15s for sale.. heck, one could not go through a gun show without seeing "pre ban" ARs for $2,000+ ; and it was the era which saw the rise of the Hi Point carbine line starting with the 995. Many magazines, especially those made before 1994 were for sale, marked up a premium, or stickered "LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY"; that was how the P85's magazines were stickered. My father traded a S&W .38 special snubby for the Ruger P85 with 2 magazines in 1991 or 1992; and we never bought a 10rd magazine for the P85 until after the AWB ended and I found one in a clearance bin at a gun shop for $3. Our .22LRs both had 14 rd tubes at that time (Rossi 62SA and Nylon 66 semiauto). Only the 995 came with the 10rd magazines at the time and that was what we used.

As for background checks....if its not such an infringement, why is it that in several Free States, it is not a requirement for private face to face sales? It wasn't until GCA1968 that background checks became federal law. From the 1770s to 1968ish, it was not required to have background checks. Gun shops had the right to refuse service to whoever they decided would not be in good standing, now the Govt is telling them to get permission to sell to buyers.

I remember the 1994 stupidity all to well.
Good ol Bidet was involved with that one too.
I had a Glock 17 at the time with 17 round mag.
The mag took a crap and another one was $80 in 1998.
I wound up getting a 30 round mag for $30 as that's all I could find at the time.

I wound up in a hassle with the Columbia City police over that.
They had it for two weeks till the ATF cleared it.
That was the last time I had guns in the vehicle that could be seen.
I didn't buy any new guns during that period. Just used what I had already.

That trafficker was already ignoring dozens of laws that prohibited him from possessing those guns, so to be clear I am not asserting that some additional law would be in any way beneficial to society. These types of people arm up and do their thing anyway. My point is that traffickers are not part of what I consider the 2A community.

During the AWB era, there were still a great many AR15s for sale.. heck, one could not go through a gun show without seeing "pre ban" ARs for $2,000+ ; and it was the era which saw the rise of the Hi Point carbine line starting with the 995. Many magazines, especially those made before 1994 were for sale, marked up a premium, or stickered "LAW ENFORCEMENT ONLY"; that was how the P85's magazines were stickered. My father traded a S&W .38 special snubby for the Ruger P85 with 2 magazines in 1991 or 1992; and we never bought a 10rd magazine for the P85 until after the AWB ended and I found one in a clearance bin at a gun shop for $3. Our .22LRs both had 14 rd tubes at that time (Rossi 62SA and Nylon 66 semiauto). Only the 995 came with the 10rd magazines at the time and that was what we used.

As for background checks....if its not such an infringement, why is it that in several Free States, it is not a requirement for private face to face sales? It wasn't until GCA1968 that background checks became federal law. From the 1770s to 1968ish, it was not required to have background checks. Gun shops had the right to refuse service to whoever they decided would not be in good standing, now the Govt is telling them to get permission to sell to buyers.
I think a lot of people have been under the boot for so long that it doesn't seem like an infringement any longer. And of course others seem happy to live with certain infringements.

My guess is I am quite a bit older that you and am fully aware of the idiotic AWB that did nothing and was a means for some of us to snap up all those evil LEO and Military only marked 30rnd AR mags, for a fraction or the price because people were skeered of owning them for fear the paper tiger would come kick in their door and shoot their cat. I am also quite aware that the AWB does not exist anymore.

Ok, but it did happen... and 10 years isn't a short amount of time, plus, it only ended because the sitting president didn't continue it, and there's no guarantee that if something similar were to be enacted in the future, that it would be rescinded. The extreme vast majority of all laws that have been put into place have remained in place. As a society, when you consider how many different areas and aspects of our life require the approval or restrictions by government, we've trended less free (overall) for a long time.

There are a great many people who absolutely believe that Congress and State Legislatures' job is to create new laws :rolleyes: they would do well to read up and educate themselves on the founding principles wherein the job of Congress and State Legislatures was to protect the Rights of the People.. and the job of the Supreme Court was to ensure that laws made by Congress respected and did not infringe on the Rights ennumerated and held by the People.

Of course those two principles went out of the door very quickly.

Regarding the why about BGC, in the free state where I reside, we can conceal carry with no license and do private sales without LockDownBrown looking over our shoulders, however, as I am sure most everyone knows, to engage in the business of selling firearms via FFL one must play the game since it all starts with the s/n registration at the factory. So I guess the infringement starts at the assembly line.

I think a lot of people have been under the boot for so long that it doesn't seem like an infringement any longer. And of course others seem happy to live with certain infringements.

That's straight out of the manifesto, take away liberty a little bit at a time each generation and in a few generations, the goal has been achieved and a big fight never occurs.

The story of how to catch and domesticate wild boars is the same thing:

1) Put some food out - get animals used to that
2) Food is still put out, after a while put up 1 side of fence - animals get used to that
3) Food is still put out, after a while, put up a second side of fence - animals get used to that
4) Food is still put out, after a while, put up a third side of fence. - animals get used to that
5) Food is still put out, after a while, put up 4th with a gate, but leave gate open - after a while, animals get used to that
6) Food is still put out, after a while, when animals are in eating, close gate.

The animals have possibly gone through generations of getting used to this by this time, the structures in place are everything that some of them have ever known, they may not know a time before the free food and fences were there. The idea of being closed in may not seem like such a bad deal because there is free food and nothing bad has happened to them despite all the times they have been near the fences, being closed in isn't that different.

Ladies and gentlemen I present you the slow incremental but ever ongoing creep Americans experience with the loss of freedoms:

My great grandpa lived during a time he legally could order SBR's, silencers, full auto guns, he could order a gun and have it show up in the mail at his house, he could sell and buy guns private party without issue. He was a marine during WWI

During my grandpa's life the NFA happened. He experienced less freedom than his father did, but more than his son. He could legally do many things that his son or his grandson never experienced. He was a navy radioman on a PBY during WWII

My father was a 6 year old kid when the GCA in the 60's took place. He had experienced guns before the 1980's Gun control act though. He experienced less freedom than his father did, but more than I do. He was too young when Vietnam kicked up, but his older sisters had most men in their high school class get sent to Vietnam.

I have grown up only ever knowing gun laws previous to 2004, but during my life time
I594 and I1639 have happened. I had experience buying and selling guns for years before they were enacted, I have less freedom now than I did previously but I know what it was like before that.

My child will grow up only ever knowing a time with I594 and I1639 in place unless they are rescinded which it doesn't appear they will be anytime soon, if ever. My child won't have any experience of what it was like before all these laws and restrictions.

Consider the huge distance freedoms have gone in only 4 generations. My grandchild may be facing a country where "assault rifles" and magazines over 10 rounds are banned.

My great grand grandchild may be facing total disarmament.

If you think this is an absurd thought, consider how much gun rights my great grandpa had compared to what I have.

Everyone can excuse me when I look at the facts and the history and say that anything except a resounding "F you" to any further laws or restrictions of any kind, would a be a major mistake. Incremental tyranny isn't any different from a tyranny enacted in one fell swoop.

Last Edited:
That's straight out of the manifesto, take away liberty a little bit at a time each generation and in a few generations, the goal has been achieved and a big fight never occurs.

The story of how to catch and domesticate wild boars is the same thing:

1) Put some food out - get animals used to that
2) Food is still put out, after a while put up 1 side of fence - animals get used to that
3) Food is still put out, after a while, put up a second side of fence - animals get used to that
4) Food is still put out, after a while, put up a third side of fence. - animals get used to that
5) Food is still put out, after a while, put up 4th with a gate, but leave gate open - after a while, animals get used to that
6) Food is still put out, after a while, when animals are in eating, close gate.

The animals have possibly gone through generations of getting used to this by this time, the structures in place are everything that some of them have ever known, they may not know a time before the free food and fences were there. The idea of being closed in may not seem like such a bad deal because there is free food and nothing bad has happened to them despite all the times they have been near the fences, being closed in isn't that different.

Ladies and gentlemen I present you the slow incremental but ever ongoing creep Americans experience with the loss of freedoms:

My great grandpa lived during a time he legally could order SBR's, silencers, full auto guns, he could order a gun and have it show up in the mail at his house, he could sell and buy guns private party without issue. He was a marine during WWI

During my grandpa's life the NFA happened. He experienced less freedom than his father did, but more than his son. He could legally do many things that his son or his grandson never experienced. He was a navy radioman on a PBY during WWII

My father was a 6 year old kid when the GCA in the 60's took place. He had experienced guns before the 1980'He experienced less freedom than his father did, but more than I do. He was too young when Vietnam kicked up, but his older sisters had most men in their high school class get sent to Vietnam.

I have grown up only ever knowing gun laws previous to 2004, but during my life time
I594 and I1639 have happenedI had experience buying and selling guns for years before they were enacted, I have less freedom now than I did previously but I know what it was like before that.

My child will grow up only ever knowing a time with I594 and I1639 in place unless they are rescinded which it doesn't appear they will be anytime soon, if ever.

Everyone can excuse me when I look at the facts and the history and say that anything except a resounding "F you" to any further laws or restrictions of any kind, would a mistake. Incremental tyranny isn't any different from a tyranny enacted in one fell swoop.
When we were kids we walked through the neighborhood with slung .22s and shotties on our way out to no mans land for a day of shooting, backpacks loaded with ammo, water and snacks. Not once did anyone bat an eye at us. Now?....

We have the 2A because people died for it.

Edit: The only way anybody will fully enjoy their 2A right is to completely ignore any infringements of that right. Anything less is settling for what level of infringement a person is willing to accept. With the strength of the government these days and the will of the majority as it is, freely and publicly enjoying your 2A right will likely end up in one of two ways jail or death.
On the surface, what you are saying sounds like cognitive dissonance - no insult intended. The only way we're going to enjoy the Right is to ignore the government, in which case we either end up in prison or dead? There doesn't seem to be much enjoyment in that.

Let me make my position to you clear. Historically speaking, the people have to force the government to acknowledge their Rights. NOTHING changes without first making a demand. This is the way real change begins. You make a demand. Will the government laugh at you?

Actually the liberals are getting worried. In the 14th Congressional District in Georgia, Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene was stripped of all her committee assignments. All she can do is cast a vote for yea or nay on legislation. She is very pro-gun and in the first three months of this year, she raised $3.2 million dollars. She has NO say in Congress and the liberals do not want a Trump supporter to be able to influence the legislature. If Greene were Black, all hell would break loose. So, we can stick our hands in our pockets and pretend that the 17 million firearms sales last year aren't making a statement. We can pretend that Rep. Greene isn't making a statement or that states becoming sanctuary states aren't going to make an impact.

We can hand a victory to the liberals because we live in FEAR - False Evidence Appearing Real. Yeah, they can pass laws. But we can make a demand. We have the Right, the Duty, and a moral Obligation to hold the government accountable. We live under a social contract called the Constitution. When the government fails to make good on the guarantees in that contract, we are no longer bound by it. We're still Americans; we still retain our unalienable Rights; we can still be preamble Citizens. I'm not advocating creating a new government. I'm just pointing out that you no longer have a Constitution if you have to worry about being thrown in prison for exercising your God given Rights. That means there is a time to stand up, speak out, and defy unconstitutional acts with a unified voice. You don't have to be a majority. You just have to number enough people to make a serious demand.

In 2017 the Pew Research Center claimed that 14 million Americans belong to a gun Rights group. If they spoke with one unified voice, you mean to tell me they would all go to prison for exercising their Rights? So, let's say half of them are half hearted and we have only 7 million potential activists. How many people can Uncle Scam put in prison before it adversely impacts the entire country? I am a supporter of The Charter and Proclamation of the Rights of Man. That, arkaboss, is where you start.

Regarding the why about BGC, in the free state where I reside, we can conceal carry with no license and do private sales without LockDownBrown looking over our shoulders, however, as I am sure most everyone knows, to engage in the business of selling firearms via FFL one must play the game since it all starts with the s/n registration at the factory. So I guess the infringement starts at the assembly line.
"So I guess the infringement starts at the assembly line."

Along with excise taxes.

These two gents were not ready to give up their firearm(s). One died, one gets jail. Death or Jail is the way it is.

What's missing from these stories of people dying is what they were pursued for to begin with.

Status

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads