JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
I honestly dont think they have the capacity to NFA the millions of firearms out there. They can ban the new manf. Or new sales of these braces, but I doubt they can retroactively ban/confiscate them.

I take the grandfather clause approach.
I purchased and installed mine legally. I never intended to shoulder as I actually do just use mine as a cheek brace both for standing and benched shooting. Ive used it as an arm brace as well.. but I do more bench shooting now.
Im not going to pay additional money OR throw away an item I paid money for simply because they change the rules.
In the event they do illegally move the field goal definitions.. I hope the market comes out with products that use the same tube systems that meet the new definitions. We're out some money having to buy new braces.. but still.. It'll be a tough fight for them. The ATF approved most of these braces.. this makes them look more incompetent than they already are.

I don't have a braced pistol. I have a braced Shockwave. I wonder what the rules on that would be?

I would remove the brace if I have to.

I wonder what the rules on possession of an unattached brace would be? Constructive possession?

Come take.

These Fuchs have overplayed their hand.

I've said many times, these people continue working to make us criminals, they shouldn't be surprised when individuals embrace that designation.

I really wonder where people go, as civilians, where carrying a loaded AR pistol is a good idea. Just because you can doesn't mean you should.

That is what I was thinking too, but in another thread somebody mentioned a scenario where they could carry a loaded AR pistol with CHL but not a rifle.

Not only that, but almost any NFA item except suppressors, requires that you notify the ATF when/where you take it out of state. There is also possible increased liability, and local LEOs don't necessarily like someone carrying an NFA firearm around all the time.

In a fair and rational world, these wouldn't be issues, but they are, and the difference between GCA firearms and NFA firearms isn't just LOP or a stock vs. a brace.

7a42f644780aac1f.jpeg.jpg

Arizona Gov Ducey recently signed a 2nd Amendment Sanctuary bill into law & it covers the whole state, so I will feel sorry for States that hafta follow Biden's unConstitutional edicts

I don't think the ATF cares. If the "proposed rule change" makes it through and is upheld in court, you can either comply or not. Not complying may not be enforced by individual state LE, but the feds will still shoot your dog.

I don't think the ATF cares. If the "proposed rule change" makes it through and is upheld in court, you can either comply or not. Not complying may not be enforced by individual state LE, but the feds will still shoot your dog.

If they give me a free NFA pass, I may actually slap a stock on the AR pistol Ive built.
Not every braced firearm.. but certainly an AR pistol to pair with my SBR'd AK

If the fee is waived, then an SBS might be in my future, especially if I don't need to wait six months.

But again, there are issues with transportation across state lines - e.g., WA state - no SBSs.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top