JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
When we have distinctions , classifications , categories , etc of firearms , then this can be the result.
What one can own today...one can lose the next , due to a change in wording or administration.

One can argue that its my Right to....
It don't matter what your Right is , when the paper it is written on and the document that it is in ...
Is abused , "interpreted" in ways that authors never dreamed of , and " compromised" down into meaningless little sound bites of nothingness.

Agree with the above or not as you wish.
The important thing here is : What can happen to one firearm , means that it can happen to all firearms.

Obey the law or not , the choice is yours...Just be sure that you are willing to accept the consequences of your actions.
Andy

Last Edited:
I'll just SBR them like everything else I have. I know, I'm the bad guy who isnt indignant about this whole thing. Braces are stocks. Its a hokey work around and the fact that the ATF dropped the ball on the whole subject years ago didnt mean it wasnt going to come up again. It was fun while it lasted. Now buy a stock. . I SBR everything anyway. If we're lucky they'll push out free SBR stamps and I'll SBR EVERYTHING!!! Traditional Pistols etc. . OK. Lambast away.

Last Edited:
$200 adjusted for inflation would be $3925.
I would bet that there wasn't many at that time that could fork out that much money for a silly stamp.
Yeah, If you go by the CPI .The CPI is a poor indicator of pricing since industrialized farming took over in th50's and 60's and made food comparatively cheap. If you go by how much gold you could buy in 1936 at $32 an ounce $200 in 1930's money is well over $10K today . You'll find the same comparison ratio in real estate investment. A home in 1936 in most markets was in the $2000 range . The exact same house as in the very same dwelling in 2021 is in the $250K range . Thats an appreciation of 15,000% . $200 invested in real estate in 1936 would yield $30K today.

Last Edited:
While I respect everyone's right to own a pistol brace it has always been a touchy subject. A brace essentially does the same thing as a stick it gives you more points of contact. Only brace I ever owned was on a Micro Roni Gen3 while it was a fun range toy I never saw myself truly using it in a self defense situation; that along with Biden becoming president persuaded me to sell. Personally it wasn't worth the risk to me as long as It sold close to what I paid for it I'm happy. Now I got multiple handguns one AR15 and I had to pickup a semi auto shotgun because I needed one and because crazy Joe Approves of shotguns but I'm not sure he would like this one 😉
FCDEA83B-FA0C-450F-951E-99669CFE67F4.jpeg 48C5197B-8EA3-44C8-807D-27BF4D88CA1B.jpeg

For gun control, we let California completely fall because it wasn't the hill to die on. We allowed to Reagan to sign anti-gun legislation without being able to cite a single instance wherein the banned weapons were ever used in a crime. King George the Bush prohibited semi-autos to be imported by Executive Order. We were fine with that. His son vowed he would make the Assault Weapons Ban we accepted to become permanent if Congress would put it on his desk. Fortunately Congress was a bit more to the right than Bush. Trump with his bump stock ban and now Biden with Red Flag gun laws and brace ban... not to mention making a hunk of unfinished metal and parts assemblies to be crimes are outlawed by Executive Order. That's a hill you don't want to die on.

Do you think when they dumped that tea in the Boston Harbor, it was due to some pittance of a tax OR was it the principle of incremental tyranny on the installment plan that scared them?

For most, there will be no hill worthy of dying on since Americans are oblivious as to how legal precedents are set and how they can become the victim tomorrow by letting unconstitutional acts go unchallenged. Once your gun is outlawed, you will stand in line and meekly surrender it because, by then, there will be nobody left to defend your single shot duck hunting special. There is a time to tell Uncle Scam NO.
THIS. For cowards and Kapos, nothing is EVER a hill to die on, and when you pointblank ask them where THEIR line is they don't have one. And for Leftist scum, any move that doesn't get responded to with a boot in the face, a stomp on the ribs and a hard kick in the balls is an encouragement to keep Doubling Down on the march toward Unification by Extermination.

I see a lot of "braces are loopholes" type of thinking in this thread. People have been conditioned under the boot of a goliath government for so long that the notion of a little bit of freedom the government grumbles over, but that hurts no one, is scary.

We're talking about a government that has tanks, ballistic missiles, jets, air craft carriers, helicopters, satellites, etc and they are telling you that an arm brace for your pistol is "too much."

A prescription for testicles is in order.

The only sound response to this type of incursion is a very clear "F you."

I heard the argument that the Confederate flag was not the hill for people to die on. Now, EVERYTHING that has a tinge of white on it is being taken away: flags, monuments, plaques, memorials. statues - even statues of white entertainers like Kate Smith:

We were told that the Freedom of Speech and the Press were not hills to die on. Today, where I live, some people can use words that others cannot utter due to the hue of their skin.

For gun control, we let California completely fall because it wasn't the hill to die on. We allowed to Reagan to sign anti-gun legislation without being able to cite a single instance wherein the banned weapons were ever used in a crime. King George the Bush prohibited semi-autos to be imported by Executive Order. We were fine with that. His son vowed he would make the Assault Weapons Ban we accepted to become permanent if Congress would put it on his desk. Fortunately Congress was a bit more to the right than Bush. Trump with his bump stock ban and now Biden with Red Flag gun laws and brace ban... not to mention making a hunk of unfinished metal and parts assemblies to be crimes are outlawed by Executive Order. That's a hill you don't want to die on.

Do you think when they dumped that tea in the Boston Harbor, it was due to some pittance of a tax OR was it the principle of incremental tyranny on the installment plan that scared them?

For most, there will be no hill worthy of dying on since Americans are oblivious as to how legal precedents are set and how they can become the victim tomorrow by letting unconstitutional acts go unchallenged. Once your gun is outlawed, you will stand in line and meekly surrender it because, by then, there will be nobody left to defend your single shot duck hunting special. There is a time to tell Uncle Scam NO.
I hear ya. If the brace is your hill, how do you want to die?

Once a person decides on the hill to die on, then they have to start thinking about how they want to die. Do they want to sacrifice their freedom by going to jail for the cause or literally go out braces blazing?

I can't speak for braced "pistols", but I do have two Shockwaves, one with and one without a brace. I can testify that the SW with the brace is indeed more controllable and effective than the one without, especially with magnum 3" buckshot.

I hear ya. If the brace is your hill, how do you want to die?

Once a person decides on the hill to die on, then they have to start thinking about how they want to die. Do they want to sacrifice their freedom by going to jail for the cause or literally go out braces blazing?
Who says we have to go to jail? I don't own any brace nor any of the fancy stuff they put on modern weapons. As you well know, I back a plan that will challenge tyranny in government and it is the only historical and logical way to address the issue. The idea is not to die for your country. The idea is to make some other dumb (expletive deleted) die for his ideals. If the government wants to go to war and have CW 2 in order to implement tyranny and control, they will lose. We first have to unite. Then, will Biden really want to go against the will of the people?

I just found out that Margie Taylor Greene, a U.S. Representative from Georgia took in 3.2 million dollars in one quarter and she is as pro gun as you can get:

There is no reason to accept tyranny when you have the power to say NO.

It's a personal decision for each of us to make as to whether we want to risk jail time and the loss of our rights to legally own any firearms so we can keep the brace on. For those that decide to keep them on, I wonder if they will flaunt that decision at the doorsteps of the BATF's offices or will they keep it on the down low.
I don't own a brace. So, I don't have to worry about going to jail. I do realize that once those people either give up their brace or register it, then it is closer to the government taking what I have.

For the anti-gun faction it is not about saving lives, it is about control. The liberals never talk in terms of saving lives; they always some kind of "gun control" measures. At some point, you either reject unconstitutional laws or you forfeit your Liberty. Today, you can stand against tyranny and declare an end to it. There IS a blueprint for that. You can do nothing, accept these new infringements, and stand in line a couple of years from today and give up your weapon, OR you can quit talking and hold the government accountable for the unconstitutional infringements. I don't think those wanting to run from this battle would ever be in a foxhole fighting a tyrannical government on U.S. soil.

Ive wanted a SIG 320 B&T stock for a while now but didnt feel like spending $200 on a stamp for one. They start throwing out free stamps in some ridiculous NFA massive inflation program I'm on it.

USW-320-6-1-700x260.jpg

If me or any one else has to tax stamp a pistol with a brace. Then you might as well put a stock on it. If you got to pay the 200$ tax stamp.

The individuals in both of those cases, reached their hills, for sure.

Edit: Finicum reached his hill too.
What about the guy who won in a federal appeals court and overturned the ban on bump stocks? So, in your rationale, since he didn't crash and burn, end up in prison, or die, he hasn't reached his hill? So, one must die to win?

If we are not going to retain the right to keep and bear Arms, why are we having this discussion? Why do we have a Second Amendment? How do we insure the security of a free State if we're scared to death and not willing to hold the government accountable?

What about the guy who won in a federal appeals court and overturned the ban on bump stocks? So, in your rationale, since he didn't crash and burn, end up in prison, or die, he hasn't reached his hill? So, one must die to win?

If we are not going to retain the right to keep and bear Arms, why are we having this discussion? Why do we have a Second Amendment? How do we insure the security of a free State if we're scared to death and not willing to hold the government accountable?
We have the 2A because people died for it.

Edit: The only way anybody will fully enjoy their 2A right is to completely ignore any infringements of that right. Anything less is settling for what level of infringement a person is willing to accept. With the strength of the government these days and the will of the majority as it is, freely and publicly enjoying your 2A right will likely end up in one of two ways jail or death.

Last Edited:
Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews