JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
I feel like I just sat in the continental congress. We can think as hard as we want about this, but we all know that, "pistol braces" weren't going through the minds of whatever criminal involved in a shooting. "what can I cause the most damage with" is the only thought process. All these officials are just manipulating that into their game. Cain killed able with a primitive "tool". You can use household supplies to build a bomb, but don't worry about that because right now were just talking about guns. This delusion that these officials have is frustrating and ignorant. A senator shoots are ar-15 at a range, using all safety precautions and people take it al a direct insult? Well how different is a vehicle than a gun? If I hit a bus hard enough I guarantee I can hit double digit homicide. The conviction seldom makes sense to the "criminal". The sheep seldom stray from the Shepard, however come a wolf the shepard stands front face, immoveable.

I feel like I just sat in the continental congress. We can think as hard as we want about this, but we all know that, "pistol braces" weren't going through the minds of whatever criminal involved in a shooting. "what can I cause the most damage with" is the only thought process. All these officials are just manipulating that into their game. Cain killed able with a rock. You can use household supplies to build a bomb, but don't worry about that because right now were just talking about guns. This delusion that these officials have is frustrating and ignorant. A senator shoots are ar-15 at a range, using all safety precautions and people take it al a direct insult? Well how different is a vehicle than a gun? If I hit a bus hard enough I guarantee I can hit double digit homicide. The conviction seldom makes sense to the "criminal". The sheep seldom stray from the Shepard, however come a wolf the shepard stands front face, immoveable.
The batf has had a hard on for braces before Biden filled the seat. I am sure he asked them what can you act on immediately and they jumped at the chance to do away with them. The shooting at the market was just dumb luck for them.

The batf has had a hard on for braces before Biden filled the seat. I am sure he asked them what can you act on immediately and they jumped at the chance to do away with them. The shooting at the market was just dumb luck for them.
They have gone back and forth on pistol braces so many dang times. The only difference now is, he just tries to please his manipulative cabinet members, we all know they guy is too dumb to think for himself.

I'm not sure what incident you're referring to? please enlighten me.

They have gone back and forth on pistol braces so many dang times. The only difference now is, he just tries to please his manipulative cabinet members, we all know they guy is too dumb to think for himself.

I'm not sure what incident you're referring to? please enlighten me.
The colorado grocery store shooting. The murderer had just purchased a ruger AR556 pistol that comes with brace. It would have made no difference in death tole imho.

... without God, morality is nothing more than what society agrees is acceptable, and anything is fair game as long as enough people support it. Compared to morality derived by God, which has nothing to do with how many people in a society may disagree.
I agree that "morality is nothing more than what society agrees is acceptable." But how does a belief in a God make it any different? It is still nothing more than what a group agrees is acceptable.

Last Edited:
The colorado grocery store shooting. The murderer had just purchased a ruger 5.56 pistol that comes with brace. It would have made no difference in death tole imho.
Yes, sad to say I can't keep up with these shootings. a lot of it unfortunately comes down to the lack of punishment. I mean we have these mass shootings, but is your punishment really that bad if you get shelter, food, hot shower and a laid back life until death? Nikolas Cruz.

I agree that "morality is nothing more than what society agrees is acceptable." But how does a belief in a God make it any different? It is still nothing more than what a group agrees is acceptable.
Morality has to do with learning morals, which does not run parallel with society. If you live with cannibals and you know no different does that make it moral or just acceptable? Morality has to do with the law of nature and usually religion. I brought those points up because almost everyone is familiar with the "story" of Cain and able (whether you believe it to be fiction, nonfiction, testament is not the point) no matter your belief, you're familiar with it. I brought it up because people will use whatever tool is readily available. That's all I meant by it. And again the analogy of the shepard and wolf could be seen as an analogy or simply fact of history however you want to look at it, I think you get the point. Society simply has to do with a collective group of people. But anyways this is getting off track. Basically, people will kill people with whatever to they find readily available, or causes mass damage, and my other point, most people will follow a leader blindly.

Last Edited:
Morality has to do with learning morals, which does not run parallel with society. If you live with cannibals and you know no different does that make it acceptable? Morality has to do with the law of nature. Not religion. I brought those points up because almost everyone is familiar with the "story" of Cain and able (whether you believe it to be fiction, nonfiction, testament is not the point) no matter your belief, you're familiar with it. I brought it up because people will use whatever tool is readily available. That's all I meant by it. And again the analogy of the shepard and wolf could be seen as an analogy or simply fact of history however you want to look at it, I think you get the point. Society simply has to do with a collective group of people. But anyways this is getting off track. Basically, people will kill people with whatever to they find readily available, or causes mass damage, and my other point, most people will follow a leader blindly.
If I lived in a society that accepted cannibalism, then yes it would be acceptable in that society. It only becomes unacceptable when you compare different societies that have different and opposing standards. You say that morality has to do with the law of nature. Just what "law of nature" are you referring to?

Just so I do not get too far off of the topic, I am planning on getting a AR pistol with a brace for the simple reason that, at this time, it avoids the tax and the NFA hassles with regard to a SBR. If the Govt. classifies it as a SBR, I will pay the tax and install a regular rifle stock like the ones on my other ARs.

I agree that "morality is nothing more than what society agrees is acceptable." But how does a belief in a God make it any different? It is still nbothing more than what a group agrees is acceptable.
The rules at NWFA don't allow those of us who can answer that question, to answer that question.

I truly don't think they even care about what happens to the stuff already out there. It's 100% about reducing/eliminating new sales and reducing the overall numbers by attrition over time.

Keep in mind that making something more rare/expensive is another way of making it inaccessible to most people.

It's very likely everyone of the members on this forum have endured some degree of infringment of their 2nd Amendment rights. If you have managed to avoid any infringement of your 2A rights, then congratulations. Maybe you can share your secret so the rest us may live free as well.
My point is that the Left GOT this far because we've let them, and usually people who try to tell others "this is not the line period" don't have one, as opposed to "this is not MY line." Most of us DO have a line, just that it's subjective, personal and drawn differently for each of us.

If you have a line and it differs from mine, to me the fact that you DO have one set for yourself is the more important fact in that situation, as opposed to the Brave Sir Robins that are most Republican politicians and judges, never missing an opportunity to not put up even a token fight when they can Bravely Run Away instead.

Last Edited:
I want a pistol

This.

I don't see how this can work. If the fee is waived, We can have free SBR/SBS registration for a bit, which means (I guess) that in that scenario the brace becomes a disposable "SB seed", that infects anything it's installed on with the free tax stamp disease?

Seems like a huge bunch of mandatory-issued and free NFA stamps wouldn't be that palatable to anyone on either side.

Don't underestimate the number of progressives who would love to get any of your weapons registered--those few will likely lead to the rest, someday

Last Edited:
If I lived in a society that accepted cannibalism, then yes it would be acceptable in that society. It only becomes unacceptable when you compare different societies that have different and opposing standards. You say that morality has to do with the law of nature. Just what "law of nature" are you referring to?

Just so I do not get too far off of the topic, I am planning on getting a AR pistol with a brace for the simple reason that, at this time, it avoids the tax and the NFA hassles with regard to a SBR. If the Govt. classifies it as a SBR, I will pay the tax and install a regular rifle stock like the ones on my other ARs.
I edited my post to be more accurate. Natural law, look it up. Has to do with human nature. Government was only established to enforce natural law, however now its just become too "complicated" ? is that the right word?

Like when someone takes your stuff, you get defensive, protective and such. That feeling describes natural law. Now some one takes your stuff and you take it back, and then the initial "criminal" gets mad and defensive, that is where the government steps in. You don't have to be religious to participate in natural law. But like I said nowadays it's too "complicated", that's just the word were going to use for now.

I edited my post to be more accurate. Natural law, look it up. Has to do with human nature. Government was only established to enforce natural law, however now its just become too "complicated" ? is that the right word?

Like when someone takes your stuff, you get defensive, protective and such. That feeling describes natural law. Now some one takes your stuff and you take it back, and then the initial "criminal" gets mad and defensive, that is where the government steps in. You don't have to be religious to participate in natural law. But like I said nowadays it's too "complicated", that's just the word were going to use for now.

I made this easy to understand. You have to apply the following link to the gun control debate:

The Right to keep and bear Arms is an extension of your Right to Life. Self defense is the first law of nature. How many metaphors do you need? I will add to that link tonight and tie it to the Bill of Rights.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top