JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
I'm sure you're right but interestingly enough when I got my last prior I mailed my NFA gun to the FFL who assembled it. The NFA never asked for it, even though I was on probation for a year & lost my gun rights a second time. 5 or 6 years later, after my gun rights were restored I picked it up from the FFL I had mailed it to

Not sure how that is relevant.

My point is that, with regards to confiscation, when it happens, it won't make much difference whether the gov thinks you have an NFA registered SBR or a GCA AR-15, they will still come for your guns. The SBR might put you higher on the list, but they will still come for your guns either way, and they won't stop with just one gun - they will search for any and all firearms that are banned at that moment, and take note of any that are not. If you are supposed to have turned them in and did not, then they will take every gun you got, and take you to jail.

My point is that, with regards to confiscation, when it happens, it won't make much difference whether the gov thinks you have an NFA registered SBR or a GCA AR-15, they will still come for your guns. The SBR might put you higher on the list, but they will still come for your guns either way, and they won't stop with just one gun - they will search for any and all firearms that are banned at that moment, and take note of any that are not. If you are supposed to have turned them in and did not, then they will take every gun you got, and take you to jail.
Is that how it's going to play out for you?

The relevance is that in my case, at least, the NFA folks weren't paying much attention

If an NFA firearm (which includes a silencer) was transferred from the owner to an FFL it requires notification to the ATF's (or as Biden calls it the "AFT") NFA branch in most circumstances. If neither the owner nor the transferee submitted the Form 4 or Form 3 then the NFA branch in West Virginia isn't going to know. They don't have GPS trackers on each NFA item.

Unlike Bumpfire stocks. Many pistols sold with them. I'm thinking liberal estimate of well over 2 million out there. It would flood an atf system lol

It now seems likely that the Biden adminstration will attempt to add braced pistols to the NFA list. If you own a braced pistol what are your plans if that happens?
"The general misconception is that any statute passed by legislators bearing the appearance of law constitutes the law of the land. The Constitution of the United States is the supreme law of the land, and any statue, to be valid, must be in agreement. It is impossible for both the Constitution and a law violating it to be valid; one must prevail.

This is succinctly stated as follows:

The general rule is that an unconstitutional statute, though having the form and name of law, is in reality no law, but is wholly void, and ineffective for any purpose; since unconstitutionality dates from the time of its enactment, and not merely from the date of the decision so branding it.
An unconstitutional law, in legal contemplation, is as inoperative as if it had never been passed.

Such a statute leaves the question that it purports to settle just as it would be had the statute not been enacted.
Since an unconstitutional law is void, the general principals follow that it imposes no duties, confers no rights, creates no office, bestows no power or authority on anyone, affords no protection, and justifies no acts performed under it . . .

A void act cannot be legally consistent with a valid one.

An unconstitutional law cannot operate to supersede any existing valid law.

Indeed, insofar as a statute runs counter to the fundamental law of the land, it is superseded thereby.
No one is bound to obey an unconstitutional law and no courts are bound to enforce it."

— Sixteenth American Jurisprudence, Second Edition, Section 177. (late 2nd Ed. Section 256)

Biden is threatening to pack the United States Supreme Court; the United States Supreme Court is already operating outside the bounds of the Constitution of the United States. They are reinterpreting their own decisions which is aka legislating from the bench. I knew the framers of the Constitution put that Second Amendment in there for a reason.

For my AR style, I will just add the upper to my rotation on my SBR. For my Contender, I may go ahead and SBR it. Not really sure though, as I do not shoulder my Contender. I just use the brace on my arm (SIG brace) to stabilize the pistol. Works very well, even on my 45/70.

I had to..lol

FB_IMG_1617992185252.jpg

If anything I see extendable braces being axed.
No brace longer than the extension tube on an AR will be the fix.
Tubes with adjustment holes will have to be filled to prevent use and extending the LOP beyond what they deem as unworthy.
SB Tactical already makes LOP limiters for those using a Law Folder to keep the LOP at 13"

The physically impaired still get a brace and the AR pistol will be about as popular as it was before braces were a thing.

So either use it with the new stumpy brace or a bare tube like they used to be to stay a pistol for AR's
Or SBR it to use any attachment longer than the tube.
Then there's getting a 12.5" barrel and then pin/ weld a 4" comp on the end and use a regular stock on it.

The logic on extendable braces being axed doesn't compute. The ability to adjust the arm brace to accommodate different sized people has no bearing on its legal use as an arm brace, the purpose for which it was designed.

All that being said, I expect the leftists and those who view natural rights as optional, will continue to do what they have always done, subvert the rights of the American people and further increase the disparity of force between the government and the American people.

For the AR platform, bufferless BCG's, such as the EWS, could make the brace issue moot. For those that wish to shoulder the weapon and choose to go with a SBR tax stamp, I highly recommend a firearm trust for any and all NFA registered weapons and/or devices.

NFA has been around for nearly a century (87 years-ish). Hasn't happened yet.

Same.

"it hasn't happened yet," is the most fallacy filled logic an argument could contain.

Apply "it hasn't happened yet" to every terrible thing that has ever happened before in history, because I gurantee you it was uttered by someone in that society ahead of time.

When in the decades since the ATF was founded, did they go and confiscate registered NFA guns from law abiding owners other than those owners who committed felonies and lost their 2A rights?

I have always heard this but have not seen such. I know of many cases where they went after people for having unregistered NFA weapons and post-86 MGs...

Edit. By far the most common NFA item has to be the suppressor/"silencers" and the SBRs, as far as I know.

First time for everything & it's looking closer to happening every year, also in other countries that have banned gun carry-- didn't they all start with that list?

"it hasn't happened yet," is the most fallacy filled logic an argument could contain.

Apply "it hasn't happened yet" to every terrible thing that has ever happened before in history, because I gurantee you it was uttered by someone in that society ahead of time.
Agreed. They were probably uttering this same non-sense, "it hasn't happened yet", prior to the NFA itself being enacted.

First time for everything & it's looking closer to happening every year, also in other countries that have banned gun carry-- didn't they all start with that list?
Not quite the way the US legal system has it setup :rolleyes: none of all these countries have enshrined the right to be armed, and none have enshrined the concept of individual liberty as originally laid out in the US documents.

As long as States and People continue to disobey the Feds, liberty still stands for sonething. As long as People, individually exercise their individual liberties and assent their freedoms, there's hope, as little as it looks.

The point of the comment is that political and legal precedent is a real thing and cannot be easily dismissed. No one said it absolutely couldn't happen. However, in our system of government, the legislative and judicial hurdles required to turn the NFA into a list they are using to go door-to-door would be a massive undertaking, to put it mildly. Not to mention the political fallout from such a move would be dramatic and would reverberate for years.

But, whatever, if fear of confiscation keeps one from NFA firearms, that's a judgement call one has to make. I'll continue to enjoy the stamp collection, including doing legal full-auto mag dumps on my property. :p

Agreed. They were probably uttering this same non-sense, "it hasn't happened yet", prior to the NFA itself being enacted.

The were probably too busy trying to live their lives, and survive the times. NFA was an example of political elitism in the extreme. $200 was not feasible for the common American at that time, so basically only criminals who didn't care about the law, the government, and the rich were unaffected. It was a financial barrier more than anything and the politicians that passed it should have been hung for perverting the constitution.

Status

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads