JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

If braced pistols are required to be registered as NFA item with $200 stamp cost what will you do?

• Remove brace and run it without brace

Votes: 20 18.5%
  • Register it and run it with brace.

Votes: 13 12.0%
  • What NFA?

Votes: 75 69.4%

• Total voters
Status
The were probably too busy trying to live their lives, and survive the times. NFA was an example of political elitism in the extreme. $200 was not feasible for the common American at that time, so basically only criminals who didn't care about the law, the government, and the rich were unaffected. It was a financial barrier more than anything and the politicians that passed it should have been hung for perverting the constitution.
$200 adjusted for inflation would be $3925.
I would bet that there wasn't many at that time that could fork out that much money for a silly stamp.

If anything I see extendable braces being axed.
No brace longer than the extension tube on an AR will be the fix.
Tubes with adjustment holes will have to be filled to prevent use and extending the LOP beyond what they deem as unworthy.
SB Tactical already makes LOP limiters for those using a Law Folder to keep the LOP at 13"

The physically impaired still get a brace and the AR pistol will be about as popular as it was before braces were a thing.

So either use it with the new stumpy brace or a bare tube like they used to be to stay a pistol for AR's
Or SBR it to use any attachment longer than the tube.
Then there's getting a 12.5" barrel and then pin/ weld a 4" comp on the end and use a regular stock on it.

I'm swapping out the factory butt stock on my Tippmann M4 22LR Elite pistol today for an SBA 3. Hopefully along with that & using 10 round mags I'll still be able to get away with taking it to the indoor range on occasion without getting hauled off to the big house & having my family interrogated for weeks on end....

Biden wants to turn 4-6 million legal gun owners who went through background checks in order to buy a pistol with a stabilizing brace.

His reason for doing this is that the alleged shooter in Boulder, used a braced pistol so one person uses it in a crime, and suddenly millions of Americans who use them for perfectly legal reasons, use them for target shooting and choose to defend their family and their property and their liberty with them, are all punished and turned into felons.

The fact doing this will not achieve real results. It will not protect anyone the boulder murderer could have easily put a full size stock on it because obviously he wasn't concerned about committing the crime of murder, so its absurd to believe he would be concerned about committing the crime of illegally owning a short barrel rifle.

It's not about gun control it's about control.

Biden said, "this is just the start" and "this is a "NATIONAL HEALTH CRISIS". He used those phases for a reason. The lesson they learned from Covid is they could suspend civil liberties and Constitutional Rights because of a Health Crisis. They fully intend to have the Secretary of Health issue a gun violence health crisis followed by a Gun Violence Health Crisis Executive Order from Biden making so-called "assault weapons/high capacity magazine" illegal. Soon to be followed by a semi-auto handgun for any gun capable of taking a magazine greater than 10 rounds. If you don't believe what I just said then you learned nothing from the Government's Covid Crisis mandates. And if you think the Courts would rule it unconstitutional then you really haven't been paying attention.

Anyone who submits their firearm to government control under NFA or a gun registry which is their next step is foolish. "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

Last Edited:
$200 adjusted for inflation would be $3925.
I would bet that there wasn't many at that time that could fork out that much money for a silly stamp.

You supported my statement you quoted, that was what my statement already presented. Wasn't sure based on how it was worded if you were trying to say something different.

Biden wants to turn 4-6 million legal gun owners who went through background checks in order to buy a pistol with a stabilizing brace.

His reason for doing this is that the alleged shooter in Boulder, used a braced pistol so one person uses it in a crime, and suddenly millions of Americans who use them for perfectly legal reasons, use them for target shooting and choose to defend their family and their property and their liberty with them, are all punished and turned into felons.

The fact doing this will not achieve real results. It will not protect anyone the boulder murderer could have easily put a full size stock on it because obviously he wasn't concerned about committing the crime of murder, so its absurd to believe he would be concerned about committing the crime of illegally owning a short barrel rifle.

Biden said, "this is just the start" and "this is a "NATIONAL HEALTH CRISIS". He used those phases for a reason. The lesson they learned from Covid is they could suspend civil liberties and Constitutional Rights because of a Health Crisis. They fully intend to have the Secretary of Health issue a gun violence health crisis followed by a Gun Violence Health Crisis Executive Order from Biden making so-called "assault weapons/high capacity magazine" illegal. Soon to be followed by a semi-auto handgun for any gun capable of taking a magazine greater than 10 rounds. If you don't believe what I just said then you learned nothing from the Government's Covid Crisis mandates. And if you think the Courts would rule it unconstitutional then you really haven't been paying attention.

Anyone who submits their firearm to government control under NFA or a gun registry which is their next step is foolish. "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."

You are correct, words have meanings and Biden is trying to set the stage.

Unfortunately just because a rule/law is unconstitutional doesn't mean you won't go to jail for violating it. I can understand those who decide this isn't the hill they are going to die on.

There is no other hill to run to.
It's a personal decision for each of us to make as to whether we want to risk jail time and the loss of our rights to legally own any firearms so we can keep the brace on. For those that decide to keep them on, I wonder if they will flaunt that decision at the doorsteps of the BATF's offices or will they keep it on the down low.

You supported my statement you quoted, that was what my statement already presented. Wasn't sure based on how it was worded if you were trying to say something different.
Just giving it a number is all.
That's not chump change in today's money and far more people have jobs and a home as compared to back in 1934.

If the stamp were to cost $4000 today I suspect there would be far less people getting a stamp.
Once again pushing out the common man, all the while not banning it either.

It's funny how it's supposed to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
Criminals won't get a stamp and making suppressors or making a SBR is pretty easy to do.
But yet it's not the weapon or attachment of choice for 99.99% of them.

Just giving it a number is all.
That's not chump change in today's money and far more people have jobs and a home as compared to back in 1934.

If the stamp were to cost $4000 today I suspect there would be far less people getting a stamp.
Once again pushing out the common man, all the while not banning it either.

It's funny how it's supposed to fix a problem that doesn't exist.
Criminals won't get a stamp and making suppressors or making a SBR is pretty easy to do.
But yet it's not the weapon or attachment of choice for 99.99% of them.
All these anti-gun laws are not funny/surprising if the goal is not to reduce crime but to disarm the law abiding populace. They want gun crimes to exist. It would be much more difficult to justify anti-gun laws if there were no gun crimes occurring. The criminals (unknowingly or not) are doing the bidding of the anti-gun supporters. Sad but true.

Ah, you mean like instead of calling it gang violence, it's just gun violence now.

Unless the guy happens to be white, then it's a White Supremacist Hate Crime using an implement of mass death.

Unfortunately just because a rule/law is unconstitutional doesn't mean you won't go to jail for violating it. I can understand those who decide this isn't the hill they are going to die on.
There is no other hill to run to.
Borrowed from John Ross. This is what people need to be pondering.
"And so, Hobbes said that our lives are 'nasty, brutish, and short', and he used that as justification for the dictatorial powers of the monarch. Only by granting the State total power will we ever overcome our natural condition, which is to be perpetually at war with one another." The Political Science course the professor was teaching was listed in the Amherst campus it was referred to as 'Right and Wrong'. Henry Bowman liked the class, mainly because the professor who taught it had a very sharp mind."
"Hobbes is just talking about our old friend, the..." and with this, the lecturer gestured with his arm to show the class he wanted someone to finish the sentence for him.
"Benevolent dictatorship." a senior in the second row said quickly.
"Exactly, Mr. Hagner. Hobbes' Leviathan is just one more scholarly justification for forfeiting your rights and allowing yourself to be subjugated by the State. Learned, reasoned, articulate, and wrong. Thomas Hobbes has merely-----Mr. Bowman," the professor said suddenly, " you are shaking your head. That usually means you disagree with something that's been said. What is it?"
"Professor Arkes, I don't disagree with the basic principle, but it's not enough just to say, 'Totalitarian regimes are wrong, so don't let the State enslave you'. That's like saying, 'Don't get sick'. The important question is, when do you know it's going to become enslavement? When is the proper time to resist with force?"
"Please elaborate Mr. Bowman." Henry took a deep breath.
"The end result, which we want to avoid, is the concentration camp. The gulag. The gas chamber. The Spanish Inquisition. All of those things. If you are in a death camp, no one would fault you for resisting. But when you're being herded towards the gas chambers, naked and seventy pounds below your healthy weight, it's too late. You have no chance. On the other hand, no one would support you if you started an armed rebellion because the government posts speed limits on open roads and arrests people for speeding. So when was it too late, but also not too early."

Last Edited:
Borrowed from John Ross. This is what people need to be pondering.
It's a dilemma for sure. We saw what happened at the Capitol for those who thought it was too late. For the rest who might think it's too early they will have to start thinking about what their entry point is. If it's braces so be it.

This is about much more than braces. For me at least. My concerns lie more with these massive transfers of wealth and power.

A government's power Is derived from the consent of the governed. Least that's how I was taught. Well I'm not consenting.

First they came for the autos.....

Correct.

Most of the people in prison for drug or gun offenses are there due to unconstitutional laws. The sad thing is that very few judges/courts understand the underpinnings of the rights enumerated in the constitution.

I'm still baffled at how the NFA was even ruled constitutional when by definition, they are taxing a right. A tax is designed to stifle a type of spending behavior so obviously they want to make it PITA politically and economically. What's next with all this silliness, polygraph exams to buy NFA items? Lol

This is what came on my PWS 300 blackout. I have been told that it is not a pistol brace and per the ATF is not a sbr.

D55FCCEA-3E4F-486D-8419-F10FCA23DB64.png

I heard the argument that the Confederate flag was not the hill for people to die on. Now, EVERYTHING that has a tinge of white on it is being taken away: flags, monuments, plaques, memorials. statues - even statues of white entertainers like Kate Smith:

We were told that the Freedom of Speech and the Press were not hills to die on. Today, where I live, some people can use words that others cannot utter due to the hue of their skin.

For gun control, we let California completely fall because it wasn't the hill to die on. We allowed to Reagan to sign anti-gun legislation without being able to cite a single instance wherein the banned weapons were ever used in a crime. King George the Bush prohibited semi-autos to be imported by Executive Order. We were fine with that. His son vowed he would make the Assault Weapons Ban we accepted to become permanent if Congress would put it on his desk. Fortunately Congress was a bit more to the right than Bush. Trump with his bump stock ban and now Biden with Red Flag gun laws and brace ban... not to mention making a hunk of unfinished metal and parts assemblies to be crimes are outlawed by Executive Order. That's a hill you don't want to die on.

Do you think when they dumped that tea in the Boston Harbor, it was due to some pittance of a tax OR was it the principle of incremental tyranny on the installment plan that scared them?

For most, there will be no hill worthy of dying on since Americans are oblivious as to how legal precedents are set and how they can become the victim tomorrow by letting unconstitutional acts go unchallenged. Once your gun is outlawed, you will stand in line and meekly surrender it because, by then, there will be nobody left to defend your single shot duck hunting special. There is a time to tell Uncle Scam NO.

I've said it before and am gonna repeat it, sort of.
Too many Citizens are too comfortable with their lives, with the status quo, with the plenty of jobs, with roofs, with unlimited credit cards, with comforts, with hobbies, with their families.. to get serious about getting their liberties back, to get the Feds and several States to back off or be abolished/replaced.

Time is coming soon, that there is a Great Reset of the United States. Whether it is back to the original principles of Life, Liberty, "pursuit of happines"(property); or towards a totalitarian, Hobbesian government where the State/Feds are the Absolute Authorities, where the Feds/States have absolute monopoly on force and arms, where citizens can be eliminated as if just numbers and statistics to make good on other things.. I don't know. I would prefet liberty to totalitarianism but it looks like the Governments and Courts are heading the way of totalitarianism.

Status

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR