JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recall links on here where some people buy gold and silver but I can't find them now with a search. I have a couple of places but I want to know if anyone knows a better place.

I want to buy a significant amount and everyone local want's quite a bit over spot.

Any links greatly appreciated. I want to compare prices before I buy.

Thanks! :s0155:

Buy only in small amounts under $8,000 or so. Over $10K and it requires personal info. In 1933 the Govt. outlawed private ownership of gold and used these records to track down owners. The Govt. was in VERY similar situation as it is now so watch out.
Also withdraw less than 10K from bank as THEY want to know what its for and fill out a Govt. transaction report on withdrawls over 10K.
The first time they asked me what I was taking out over 10K for I couldn't believe my ears! after all its my money and heres this dumb chick asking me what I want it for.

Buy only in small amounts under $8,000 or so. Over $10K and it requires personal info. In 1933 the Govt. outlawed private ownership of gold and used these records to track down owners. The Govt. was in VERY similar situation as it is now so watch out.
Also withdraw less than 10K from bank as THEY want to know what its for and fill out a Govt. transaction report on withdrawls over 10K.
The first time they asked me what I was taking out over 10K for I couldn't believe my ears! after all its my money and heres this dumb chick asking me what I want it for.

She wasn't dumb, just the following rules. I had the same issue a few years ago withdrawing $10k of my own money. When I asked what the threshold was for not reporting the teller told me it was normally $10k but now that I asked what is was the new level went to $5k. She told me the gov requires these things.

If you can, try to find a private sale from someone you trust. Start with coin collectors. I got a little silver from a guy in my church who collects. He is always selling colections for other people who know he is fair and will sell their collections for them at a reasonable price and give them the best value possible.

Oh the Govt. requires these things, That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. After all I only worked and sweated for the money to begin with, I shouldn't feel at all offended that I feel like I'm asking for a handout when I want to take some of it out. After all the Governments never wrong, is it?

Oh the Govt. requires these things, That makes me feel a lot better about the whole thing. After all I only worked and sweated for the money to begin with, I shouldn't feel at all offended that I feel like I'm asking for a handout when I want to take some of it out. After all the Governments never wrong, is it?

Don't get me wrong. I was also :angry: when it happened to me and the teller knew it. Later, when I decided to not let the rules rule me I adjusted my attitude and worked around the problem (ie. the gov) and move forward. I got my cash and did what I wanted to do. This was ten+ years ago during the Y2K fiasco. Been prepping since then. Decided to go slow and steady. But hey, if you need it you need it!

You can be offended all you want, it's your choice. I'm just encouraging you to redirect your energy. :s0155:

PS, I don't know how to edit and remove the "angry" icon from the title?

I use APMEX.

Great selection and no minimum order.

I should have mentioned that I'd like to buy FTF, maybe not all at once, to avoid raising eyebrows. I'd like to pay cash. I'm willing to drive to PDX or whatever. I'd buy smaller amts each time to keep from being too much noticed.

During hard times, its easier to barter with small amounts of silver than gold.

Yeah, we've talked about that and I agree. I have silver.

This will be gold for long term storage.

Please excuse my cheap attempt at satirical humor, I find irony in most things these days.
There is a guy who lived through the collapse of the economy in Argentina when there were dangerous unpredictable times. He has a website and wrote a book on this subject and covers most everything from barter to what types of metals functioned best, I'll look for his website.
I listen to those who have gone through what I'm preparing for.

Just happened across this - looks to be about spot...

<broken link removed>

Selling .9999 purity Canadian Maple Leaf silver and gold coins. I will sell the silver in unopened tubes of 25 oz each direct from NW Territorial Mint. I also am selling a few 1 oz gold coins - unopened and direct from the mint as well. I am asking the same price as the NWT mint sells them for, silver prices are listed here http://bullion.nwtmint.com/silver_mapleleaf.php, and gold here https://store.nwtmint.com/product_details/1033/. Cash only. Get them now before the dollar starts sliding again!

Thanks, Brian 425-773-4010

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads