JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
OK so my Dad was at a RV show and they had some seminars and one was on concealed carry.
This guy was reeling pushing the Idaho class ( just so happens he sells a expensive class for the Idaho CPL), state all the states are going to this anyways, and WA CPL isn't accepted any where. ( of course I explain that is all BS ), he blabbed some other crap too that I can't remember, all the classes where like $1500, I told him hold up don't do anything.

When I look up everything, he should do just fine with Utah and WA.

One question I have is , will the Utah training work for Oregon non Resident, from what I see that Oregon requires it should.

I could find any reason why a Idaho CPL would be preferred over a Utah.

Oregon doesn't accept any out of state concealed permit. The training may be acceptable when you apply for a non residence license, but you need to convince a local sheriff that you do business in Oregon in order to be considered for an Oregon CHL.

I have Oregon and Washington, and I get all but a few states if I had Oregon and Utah. IMHO, Utah is overrated, the required training is $100+, and you only gain two states that I really care about had I done the Utah/Oregon combination, Minnesota and N. Dakota (I think, I don't recall off the top of my head).

If you have travel to Oregon frequently, or semi-frequently, I would get an Oregon permit, as Oregon doesn't have reciprocity with any other state. I would avoid Multnomah county, as they're a pain to deal with.

Depends on the Sheriff. Grant county issues them readily, others not so much. Multnomah requires a letter stating a compelling reason why you want it, does not need to be business-related, though that is probably one of the better reasons.
Am I correct in stating that Oregon only issues to residents of counties contiguous with its borders??

Come to Columbia County to get your permit. It is easier than dealing with the bigger counties. If you do not know where Columbia County is it is northwest of Portland. Saint Helens and Scappoose are the two biggest cities.

There are a couple of CCW apps out there that take into account non-resident and resident permits.
It changes the reciprocity outcome in places like SC. CO, NH and FL. etc.
Two people could have the same state permits but with different reciprocity due to their residency.
Idaho Enhanced only helps in Nevada for most people on the West coast if they have a Utah or AZ

I am assisting my brother in getting his non-res here in Klamath county. It appears that it will be straight forward and they are willing to do it. Our new sheriff is significantly better than the last one...

< Why they don't have school shootings in Israel.
Notice the long gun slung over the teachers shoulder?

I heard Florida has one or two more states that recognize than Utahs does

WA doesn't recognize FL anymore since FL added 18 yr olds to their license.

I have WA, OR and Utah since we planned to travel extensively in our motorhome. The Utah cost me about $150 total.

Deen
NRA Life Member, Benefactor Level
"Defender of Freedom" award
NRA Golden Eagle member
WAC member
Vancouver Rifle and Pistol Club member

"Having a gun is like a parachute, if you need one and don't have it you may never need it again"

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top