JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
The Good News: Clark County, WA, recently updated the Sheriff's web page to enable on-line Concealed Pistol License (CPL) applications. By "recently", I mean within the past few days. Residents of unincorporated areas of Clark County may now apply on-line for an Original CPL as well as for Renewal or Replacement of an existing CPL.

The Bad News: Clark County Residents who live in incorporated areas still have to apply to their local police department to obtain a CPL.

THE WAY IT USED TO BE: On Dec 10, 2022, I visited the Clark County Sheriff's web site & found detailed instructions and forms to renew my CPL. In addition to a link to the proper application form, there was info on the web page about where to go, office hours, and appointments. It was all familiar because I'd gone through the process 5 years ago; no surprises. The renewal application was a "fillable" PDF, and it took only a short while to fill and print forms for myself and my wife. All that remained was the dreaded trip into downtown Vancouver (where parking is impossible) to turn in the forms and pay the fees.

THE WAY IT IS NOW: A few hours ago (that would be evening of Dec 14, 2022), I went back to the web site to confirm the business hours and that "renewals" could just walk-in, no appointment needed. My plan was to take our forms in sometime on Dec 15th. Much to my surprise, I found many changes on the web site, an obvious one being a missing link (to the application form). Instead, there were some large buttons beneath the heading: SELECT TO GET STARTED. Those buttons were: ORIGINAL CPL, RENEW CPL, and REPLACEMENT CPL.

Intrigued, I clicked the RENEW CPL button and followed a series of steps and questions. The end result was a completed application for CPL renewal and an UPLOAD button for providing scans of the required documents. I managed to scan & upload our drivers licenses and existing CPLs without a hitch. The next steps let me provide some payment information, submit the renewal request, and print out a receipt & the entire application package. DONE! No trip downtown and the new CPLs will be mailed directly to us.

OK, that was for Renewal CPL applications. It appears that Original CPL applicants can do the on-line bit, but still have to make an appointment to get their fingerprints taken in downtown Vancouver.

Last Edited:
Yes, I was going to renew last week and there was no option. So I printed out the application to go in this week. Tuesday, I went on to check their times and notice the same online portal as Multnomah county has. Mines still in process currently. But it took less than a day to be assigned to a processor.

Where as I was sitting in waiting to be assigned to a processor since August for Multnomah county. And I finally got an approval e-mail yesterday. Unfortunately, my OR CHL has expired due to them taking their sweet time, even though, I renewed prior to expiring.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top