JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
HA!! Salt!.....This is past the point of using salt. Coming from a state that uses salt, you need to plow the snow off and THEN salt. We don't really have the plows.

I'v got well over 6" up here in NePO just a couple miles strait south of the airport. Now THIS is a storm to shut the city down! That other wussy stuff was just a taste. Considering were not supposed to go more than a degree or so above freezing until Sunday, better get used to the color "White"! And even worse, all local news will be nothing but snow news!
GAWD, I can hardly wait for some good ol' mid 40s and plain old rain!

Forecast is showing 50's and heavy rain by Tuesday - that could be very bad. If it's like '96, and it gets too warm with too much rain, we could see some very bad/damaging flooding all over the area. Hopefully the warm-up won't be that extreme.

Snow day for etrain...but still have work to do, so not a goof-off day. Thankfully I do have the ability to work from home, so no need to burn a PTO day.

'08 was really bad. I remember that the snow/ice/snow/ice layers were so bad that my 4WD couldn't break through the ice layers to get some traction on the snow, so you got forced to got wherever the ruts forced you to go. I had to go retrieve my inlaws from their house to bring them to ours - they were without power for over a week - and the drive, normally 10 minutes took about 75, just because the roads were so bad. My chained up 4WD just wasn't heavy enough to break the surface ice and get down into some snow. I agree, hopefully this event won't be equal to that one.

We went 9 days on auxiliary power that year; I was working 18 hour days keeping our generator and the elderly couple's generator going, keeping the roads clear, and conducting security opns.

Currently: 3" on the ground and 29 degrees @ 1,200 feet.

Looks like a solid foot here on the south side of SW Hills.

Gotta get the snow shovel out of my AWD car (in the garage) and dig my way into the 4WD truck with knobbies up by the street. Not that I've got to go anywhere right now, my work was officially closed for today by 11 last night.

Cold and windy forecast for the next few days will surely mean trees falling here, taking down power lines, too. Typical "wintry mix" scenario in this neck of the woods.

Guy on the TV news is asking people on the street downtown where they're trying to go. Methadone clinic is the best answer I've heard so far. Portlandia.

We went 9 days on auxiliary power that year; I was working 18 hour days keeping our generator and the elderly couple's generator going, keeping the roads clear, and conducting security opns.

Currently: 3" on the ground and 29 degrees @ 1,200 feet.

Sounds like a pain. We're 30 degrees and 4-5" depending on where I measure. About 400' elevation. Thankfully we still have power, if it goes out, I don't have a generator, but we have a gas fireplace, a nice one, that puts out plenty of heat, so we can at least stay warm.

Forecast is showing 50's and heavy rain by Tuesday - that could be very bad. If it's like '96, and it gets too warm with too much rain, we could see some very bad/damaging flooding all over the area. Hopefully the warm-up won't be that extreme.
Oh you know it will. Y'all will get a tropical breeze coming thru at about 50* with some rain.
Haha read you forecast post after I posted this. Hope it is a bad forecast but living on the wet side can be like that:(

Last Edited:
ODOT says chains required on PDX area state roads.

PDX roads total unmitigated mess - stay away.

Working from home again today (been sick).

Lost power while asleep, not sure how long, maybe briefly.

Literal blanket of snow - maybe 10" at 900' - most of the snow had melted yesterday except an inch or snow of crusty/slushy snow.

image.jpeg Ah yes, nothing like some yummy IPA's while digging out... I prepped, thanks to Costco...

Looks to be 10-12 inches here in Hillsboro. Work cancelled today, hopefully will cancel again tomorrow... Can't see the major arteries here being passable even by tomorrow....

Snowmageddon 2017 1.0!!!

Guy on the TV news is asking people on the street downtown where they're trying to go. Methadone clinic is the best answer I've heard so far. Portlandia.
Fox12 talked to a guy in a motorized wheelchair early this morning. He was on his way to the store for cigarettes and to take pictures. He was cruising down the middle of the road. Thank goodness there was no traffic.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top