JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its interesting looking at the ODOT trip check cameras. Starting at Eugene and working up to Portland seeing how this system hit. You go from wet pavement to dust on the shoulders to complete gridlock.

12 inches in Forest Grove. Doesn't look like I'm going to work - as AAA is on full on emergency freak out mode - they are not taking calls for service except winch outs and emergency tows (wrecks, disabled vehicles on the highway/major streets - if you're at home and the car won't start or your tire is flat, you're not getting a truck today)

Glad I'm not driving a tow truck anymore. This is the weather I absolutely hated working in - between getting wet and cold, plodding along at 15-20mph on chains trying not to kill anyone, and dodging stupid people when outside the truck - naah, it wasn't really worth it.

Channel 2 is saying that this little bit of snow in Portland is record breaking.
I clearly remember watching my Dad in 1965 chain up his Chrysler station wagon and drive to work through the wind driven snow drifts.
Off he bravely went to provide for his pregnant wife and three young children.
Years later, he admitted that he only made it around the corner, but instead of returning home to a bunch of screaming, fighting house bound brats, he walked over 15 blocks down the road to the Daily Double bar to drink beer and play pool with a whole bunch of other dads until the snow plows showed up to clear the streets.

Last Edited:
Well, the snow stopped here about a half an hour ago. I haven't seen this much snow, in one shot, since I was a kid! It's different than '08, and I'm hoping that we don't get freezing rain to make it more similar! In 2008 I had to drive from PDX to Ridgfield WA, and back, about a dozen times. Then I had the extreme privilege of paying $500. to have my front suspension repaired! :mad: The truck stays right where it is until the big thaw! LOL!!!
Here are some photos from my front porch.

IMG_0658.JPG IMG_0660.JPG IMG_0663.JPG

I was surprised i got out of the driveway but the snow is really fluffy light snow so the little X1 just pushed it out of the way as long as it didn't have to go up hill.

I got part way up the private road but had to stop because of other cars and then I started sliding sideways. If I had studs it would be no problem.

Yeah, we are starting to run out of places to put it here. Starting to worry about the shop roof, not sure what it's rated at but a good 2'+ on it. Pictures are from this morning and we've got another 4"+ since then and still snowing like crazy.

View attachment 334239

View attachment 334240
We don't get as much snow as you, so I've never had to deal with it building up on the roof. But you might be interested in this tool:

Well I only have about 1 ft. of snow,
Just wondering if anyone is interested in doing some fishing, will need some help getting the boat down the driveway:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

what ya up to caveman????:)

The snow and ice are gone here, but up until the early hours of the morning, it has been a frick'n deluge rain-wise. The road up to our place is totally washed out it is going to take some doing to get it back into shape. Some trees came down too and screwed up a waterline and knocked out power for a while, though the generator took care of the latter. Thus far this winter has been kind of a PITA. :eek:

Oh well, spring and summer will come soon enough. And the downed trees can feed the woodstove, once they are cut up and seasoned. Accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative ... or something like that. :p

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top