JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
They didnt close our schools. Got 10 inches yesterday on top of the 8 that was on the ground already. I even sent the Superintendent a email telling him in other words that he was a complete douchebag.

They didnt close our schools. Got 10 inches yesterday on top of the 8 that was on the ground already. I even sent the Superintendent a email telling him in other words that he was a complete douchebag.
I was I Yakima all day yesterday my truck broke down at 05:00 and I didn't get a replacement till 15:00 Yakima was a mess all roads with like he said 8 to 10 inch of snow once I got my delivery 's done it was 21:15 then had to chain up to get over manashtash pass on hwy 82 in the 20 year's I been driving I have never ran chains over that pass till last night

I don't think bsa1917hunter meant to disparage you or your fine rifle. When he said "can't get the picture out of my head", I believe he meant that in a complimentary way (it is a beautiful rifle, after all).
Asking if you or Dad are lefties (as in handed, not politically, I'm assuming), is a reasonable inquiry, given the stock has a comb set up for a left handed shooter.
Anyway, most likely a misunderstanding.
Carry on...

Bingo!!!

No issue no problem. Anyone need a left handed mauser stock?

I really like your rifle. I have one set up almost just like it. However, it's not a mauser 98, but a derivative. This is my favorite hunting rifle. In fact, I used it this year for both my buck and elk hunts. I enjoy working on rifles and installed a red pachmayr decelerator a couple weeks ago and also installed a Timney trigger right after buying it. Glad to see you got your Timney installed too. Looks great. I'll bet you really like it.:

DSC00177_zpsdhekpgcm.jpg
IMG_0929_zpssv7o05ot.jpg
DSC00172_zpskjrezebl.jpg
IMG_0733_zpssdp4dcjs.jpg
IMG_0705_zpsestfxwwy.jpg

Very
I really like your rifle. I have one set up almost just like it. However, it's not a mauser 98, but a derivative. This is my favorite hunting rifle. In fact, I used it this year for both my buck and elk hunts. I enjoy working on rifles and installed a red pachmayr decelerator a couple weeks ago and also installed a Timney trigger right after buying it. Glad to see you got your Timney installed too. Looks great. I'll bet you really like it.:

View attachment 334326
View attachment 334327
View attachment 334328
View attachment 334329
View attachment 334330
Very nice Enfield . A very classic rifle. I have one in 338-06 that has worked well for me.
Here is mine 20161023_175504.jpg

That's a beautiful enfield sporter. You have great taste in rifles...

Now back to the snow and ice storm of 2017. Does anyone think Portland is going to get more snow this Wednesday and Thursday? I haven't been watching the news. What is the consensus???

Last Edited:
Got out the driveway today for the first time in over a week. Fifteen minutes after I got back it started snowing again and now it looks like I won't make it out tomorrow. Power has gone out twice but Pacific Power has done a good job at getting it restored within a few hours.

I just saw the news and it looks like Portland is getting hammered right now. This morning we just about got socked in from the plows. They plowed a berm in front of the alley way onto the side street that was 3 1/2 feet deep. I hit it with my '09 escape and forgot to take the traction control off. It stopped me dead in my tracks. I barely backed out of that one. Hit it again and popped out and on the road to Portland. That 90 mile commute sucks this time of year. Everyone on I84 was driving about 30mph, except for me. Got to work about 15 minutes later than normal. I don't think that's going to happen tomorrow!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Since 4:00pm it's gone from wet streets to 6" of snow! It's still snowing a blizzard and the USWS Alert says it's going to snow hard till about 1:30pm tomorrow! Very pretty, it's nice to be retired! :D

Since 4:00pm it's gone from wet streets to 6" of snow! It's still snowing a blizzard and the USWS Alert says it's going to snow hard till about 1:30pm tomorrow! Very pretty, it's nice to be retired! :D

Thanks for the update my friend. I don't think I'll be going to work tomorrow. It's been snowing hard here all day long. Still snowing and supposed to snow tomorrow too. I love snow and always have, but damn.....:p:oops: My commuting partner is my boss (and elk hunting partner and good friend) and lives further away from Portland than I do (lives to the south of me). He has 5' of snow at his house right now.....

Deja vu again. No chains, no studs, no traction tires, no sense, and the streets in Portland are again at a standstill, while folks are screaming that the highway departments are not doing their job. People! Take care of yourselves!

WAYNO.

Wayno, I heard they are using salt on the roads because it's been pretty bad this year.... Those people need to just stay home, because you are right, they have no sense.... Wait, maybe that's why they are out there.....:D

Wayno, I heard they are using salt on the roads because it's been pretty bad this year.... Those people need to just stay home, because you are right, they have no sense.... Wait, maybe that's why they are out there.....:D

Salt is pretty controversial. I hope it never happens. The millennials that expect government to be their nanny can't wait for it to happen. I'm afraid there's more of them than me. They'll win. And then when their car rots, and the bridges, and sub-grade infrastructure rots, they'll blame the government for that too.:eek:

WAYNO.

Last Edited:
Not a big, important report, but my bamboo are laying flat on the ground under the weight of snow! These culms are 11-13' high!
It looks pretty bizarre!;)

We don't get enough snow/ice that salted roads should make a big deal. And if you wash the undercarriage of your vehicle, again, should be a non-issue.

Personally I'm glad ODOT finally has the sense to use something that works on the roads, magnesium chloride is garbage and completely ineffective. There was a major difference last week when they salted 26 vs the usual crap.

And I'll take the chance at a bit of rust under the car, vs the more dangerous, clogged up iced over roads. Since we cannot make drivers better - we can at least make the road better and thus remove the one hazard we can control.

And here in FG, I've got 2 inches on the truck, and maybe 3 in the driveway since there was no snow on the truck when I parked it. Came home an hour early from work tonight because I didn't want to chain up to get home - and I know the retardation is strong among Portland area drivers, and I didn't want to get hit by someone in a Subaru doing warp 5 on the ice with bald tires suddenly loosing control.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top