JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Here are some photos that Dave from Southridge Arms teased me with, while my pistol is in transit, started its life as one of the first models of the Kimber TLE/RL II

Some type of FDE on frame and a Dark black camo on the slide
2011-01-12152359.jpg
I know, i need to get better grips, ones with a square bottom, anyone have any?

Serrated flat top and novak front gold bead with adjustable tritium novak rear sight
2011-01-12152444.jpg

Stippled mag well with carbon glass breaker, for when you need it, him and Silver Fox devised this idea for me, its at a cant so when I use the lame metal based 7 rounders, i'm not jabbing the thing in my hand, but I figure I wont have any problems using my tall rubber based 8 rnd Kimpro Tac Mags, CMI mags, and wilson 10 rounders
2011-01-12152427.jpg

He also serrated the trigger guard and did a complete tune up, this pistol has probably seen well over 13k rounds, all factory fresh ammo, never one hiccup, it really deserved the new feel to it. better pics, when I actually get it in my hands.

Next up, i'm sending him a government series 70 to get bobtail cut and all the other carry stuff you gotta do.

Spider-

those pics are not even close to the actual glory of your pistol. I ask that you please post better pics when you get this. I had no idea that you were going to post these or maybe we would have sent better ones ;)

this thing is a beast!

Enjoy!

Edit 1.0- for all those out who are going to wonder about the mag well.... No it's not plastic with a melt job, nor is some kind of 'sandy paint' applied to the kimber OEM mag well.

SF-

One of the Detonics that I received today ... Seattle, WA Circa 1975 W/ Mammoth Grips .... (Yep, found it on the site .... :) )

Haven't Polished It Up Yet - Will Look Better .... ;)

A tad heavy weighing in at almost 30 Ounces ... Empty​

I picked this Rock Island Armory "tactical" up locally for under $400 with 1/2 dozen mags. I swapped out the trigger, hammer, grips and msh. And invested the rest in ammo.

If I ever sell the pistol I'll put the original parts back on it. I recently "misplaced" my box of favorite spare parts, I may have sold them several years ago and am regretting it now!

I'll take better pics later but here is my small collection
IMAG0134.jpg
Heavily Modified Kimber TLE/RL2 w/surefire X300....COLT Series 70(For Sale)........Modified Kimber Custom 2 w/Surefire 610R

How about a pair of Nickle 70 Series Colt Commanders (One is a Lightweight Model) ....

This thread is sick, evil even. If I got a 1911, would I be able to stop at one? After wondering that for a long time, I read this thread about a week ago. Now, as of today, I am the winner of a Gunbroker auction for one of these, a satin 70 series Commander (it has to be a Colt to start with, right?).

I have you guys to thank. And when I say "thank", I really mean "blame."

SO...I never thought this thread was going to be so popular when I started it! It looks a though I am not the only one addicted. There are some gorgeous 1911's on here! Now that I have had the Kimber out a few times and put a lot more rounds through the "Rock" I am still amazed at the accuracy and function of both, and I am adding another addict to the group! My 12 year old son has now told me that he wants a 1911, the Kimber is his choice of all the pistols in my group and got even more excited when I told him that was what he would be carrying as a sidearm on his first hunt this year. nothing like starting them out right, eh.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top