JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
About 4 months ago I bought my first 1911, a RIA 1911 officer. I absolutely love it! Accurate, reliable easy to maintain and so much to play with! I have already upgraded the trigger to a wilson, took off the original grips in favor of a Hogue and next will be the sights and possibly a hard chrome dip.:D Well, I found that I enjoy shooting it so much that my DAO Kahr became a safe queen so I decided to sale it and get another 1911.I used it as a down payment on a Kimber custom II, and I can't wait to get it, but I am still drooling over the American Classic and for the price it may become a part of the Harem soon as well. Do I have a problem? I told myself I could stop, but now I think I am in too deep...any words of wisdom...Hello, My name is Sandman and I am a 1911-0-holic

I understand your addiction but if you already have a RIA, don't buy an American Classic, save a little more and get an STI or a Dan Wesson or a Springfield or a Kimber or a Colt or a Smith & Wesson or a SIG or a......... The Filipino brands are great but you only need 1 starter 1911.

I understand your addiction but if you already have a RIA, don't buy an American Classic, save a little more and get an STI or a Dan Wesson or a Springfield or a Kimber or a Colt or a Smith & Wesson or a SIG or a......... The Filipino brands are great but you only need 1 starter 1911.
you mean as a 3rd 1911, Right, my 2nd will be a Kimber:s0155: I want to see for myself if all the hype is true about thier quality and accuracy. I am keeping sub 3" groups with my RIA Officer at 25 yards.

you mean as a 3rd 1911, Right, my 2nd will be a Kimber:s0155: I want to see for myself if all the hype is true about thier quality and accuracy. I am keeping sub 3" groups with my RIA Officer at 25 yards.

If your going to have a collection of 1911's...you should also think of adding a Colt to the stable:) I have nothing against Kimbers ( I carry one, one on the way and have traded off two Pro Carry models)

Ditch the Houge grips for something like VZ grips... I did and would never go back to those rubber finger groove grips again, just my opinon:s0112:

If your going to have a collection of 1911's...you should also think of adding a Colt to the stable:) I have nothing against Kimbers ( I carry one, one on the way and have traded off two Pro Carry models)

Ditch the Houge grips for something like VZ grips... I did and would never go back to those rubber finger groove grips again, just my opinon:s0112:

OH, yes a colt is a must for any 1911 enthusiast:s0155: all in good time:winkkiss:

LOL, how well I know the feeling ..... how many do you need? I am down to my last 19 of them ... LOL (And trying to cut a deal for another) .... :D

(Clarification - Only 9 of them are Colts, then there are the Detonics, Kimbers, Springers, Llamas, a Randall and even a few Laser Aims .... ) ... ;)

LOL, how well I know the feeling ..... how many do you need? I am down to my last 19 of them ... LOL (And trying to cut a deal for another) .... :D

(Calrification - Only 9 of them are Colts, then there are the Detonics, Kimbers, Springers and even Laser Aims .... ) ... ;)

In your opinion, which is the most accurate and reliable?

I still prefer my Colt Commander (Series 70) and custom worked with three barrels ( I have the compensated barrel installed in this pix) ..... :)

More to come as I find the pix .... :)

I had five of them once and I'm down to two. I think I'll declare an emergency and restock. I had to sell my two Springers and my Taurus, keeping my Citadel CIT45CSP. And then I picked up a Remington R1 last week.

My favorite out of those five 'modest' 1911s? The Citadel. I shot about 300 rounds through it today with just one extraction failure. And st $500, it was the least expensive. But I did put $50 cocobolo Colt grips on it... :)

But I would really like a Kimber 3" or 4". If anyone has one and would like to trade for a quality FAL. please PM me.. Thanks!

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top