JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Reactions
Locked threads in Off Topic w/no transparency/accountability are back in fashion as the promises made by the site's owner are once again disregarded by the self-important Mods.
I'm spending Much of my time at other sites and no longer have time to click on the ads of the site sponsors here like I used to, which is a shame as I did send my business their way in the past.
It's a shame that one or two ppl put themselves above the best interests of the site and it's owner

Do not forget the use of removing posts, as if they never existed. But at least the inane Climate Change Thread is no longer...

The point was made: Climate Change is as fraudlent as any Lie-Brawl can make it.

philip,
who also sent business to the column on the Right hand side of the page....

Last Edited:
Locked threads in Off Topic w/no transparency/accountability are back in fashion as the promises made by the site's owner are once again disregarded by the self-important Mods.
I'm spending Much of my time at other sites and no longer have time to click on the ads of the site sponsors here like I used to, which is a shame as I did send my business their way in the past.
It's a shame that one or two ppl put themselves above the best interests of the site and it's owner

"self- important Mods."
^^^ nail on the head

Sorta like "if you like your health insurance, you can keep it," HONEST !!!...............:yes:

It's driving me to other sites as well. Too bad because I really enjoy much of what NWFA has to offer, and that includes members whose opinions I differ with.

Which is a very good reason NWFA should just let threads die on their own, rather than closing them.
Allowing such open discussion and debate even on something like Climate change and political ideology is a very good thing.
Closing that Climate Change thread serves no purpose, and definitely oppresses healthy debate.
I've seen it here often where a thread was closed that was not harming anyone.
Just let the damm thread die on its own. No harm, no foul!

With all dues respect to the site owner, that is exactly why I'm not spending another dime here. My ad over there on the right expires in days from now, and my vendor forum has already been deleted.
And I can tell you that I have received a fair amount of business from that ad. My business benefited from NWFA. Nonetheless, I'll take my $725.00 a year elsewhere.

~ Gunfixx, Don't Hold Back, tell us what you really mean! :D ~

Joe Link: with every bit of respect I have, I quoted this post, to explain how many of us are feeling.

I honor the aspect that you put out $$$$ to start this website. I do not have a lot of spare $$$, I am paying off my Daughters Community College & Universities "please help me, Dad" bills, hey, I am proud of her 3.9 out of PSU, with an MSW, in just 18 months Out of Graduating, she has nearly Doubled her income... I WROTE OFF her approximent $12,000 of "promise to pay you backs"... The day she graduated!

All that to say this, I will give my extra $$$$ to where a premise of equality is present. It is (still) not this website, but I have paid Life Membership in one Gun website, and paid membership in another, Which I no longer POST at, because of UnEqual treatments of members.

I recall your posts, saying Change is Happening, I did Not put that in Quotes, because that is not a Direct Quote of you....

but I know this: Conservative Posters are more willing to put out their $$$$ than Liberals are, and yet the Conservatives here are squashed... By shall we say, an "unnamed" moderator???

I suggest: Any Moderator, worth a grain of salt, should sign their ~work~ And Minimum, say why they shut down EVERY THREAD that is shut down, or moderated.

I enjoy this website, I enjoy debating political issues, where there is polite rebutals, but will OUT any radical, communist infiltrator, to Any website I join.

I know, that I have been singled out, by some unknown moderator, shut down, with no explanation... Followed by Being Requested to AGREE a second time to the Rules... I simply ask this: Are the Liberal Alinski Infiltrators asked to do a second "Agree to Rules"????

Meh. I might be banned for making this post.... I hope not, But I will Speak my disatisfaction, First behind scenes, with a PM, and now openly...

/signed/

philip,
In the BoonDocks, a man's Word, means something.

In the beginning I was going to keep both memberships but some of my posts have been deleted without reason and since like every other liberal site they can't handle the truth except what is made up in their mind and stocking from Santa. So I am phasing my self out of here and the left will have fun talking with themselves along with the Soto librarians who claim to be all constitutional when all I see is they are just like the liberals without the big gov budgets. Then the left will get their minds right about that over time. You lye with evil you become evil. Period

Time to go feed my Unicorns in Utopiaville

I know what y'all are laying down. I was just banned forever from a dog site because I posted and got an infraction because they don't allow one of my training methods on the site. I think I got banned because I said they were wrong and told them closing off dissenting options like they were would make Stalin and Mao very proud.

Dare not question anything though. With the speed of an Obama executive order you get banned for "insulted site owner." Apparently saying that banning anyone who disagrees with whatever is the allowed point of view hypocritical is insulting. Its sad to see people who claim to love liberty ruling a forum with complete tyranny and allowing absolutely no questioning.

As soon as you start telling people what they can and cannot say you are headed into dark territory here.

With the marvel of Bubblegum Word Filtration, the only real thing left is blatant membership ridicule, etc. There are some agitators here, who seem to relish in ridicule of a poster, rather than defining objections to statements, or counter-arguments. That generally leads to a face off of calling that agitator, for what they are, but who wants to see their name attached to TROLL Alert!!! In the Global Warming thread, One Agitator disrupted fairly "clean" discussion of the topic, but we have all seen threads get locked down, for a ~Real Twisted Defining~ Of rule 9.... Which in most members who have commented on this, should not be so Overused in a forum set up as Off Topic, "Sit around the Campfire and chat ..."

Chat, as long as it is narrowly defined by a moderator, that is! Other forums, like Survival & Preps???? And great helpful threads SQUASHED... Closed for, ~No Given Reason~ ...

I think it is that last part... ~No Given Reason~ That has caused a great exodus from this website, Including at least One supporting vendor. $$$ out the door, because one (two???) moderators will not even mention Why they feel inclined to close a thread???

How are we to develop ~more In Tune~ threads, if we do not even know what we did "wrong" to have it closed????

we are Nine Days, from the new software, Eleven, if there are too many complications. I wonder how or What will change in our ability to freely speak on subjects, at least in the Off Topics Forum...

G'Night,

philip
in the BoonDocks, they rolled up the one sidewalk, hours ago.

I appreciate you guys sharing your thoughts here. I laugh when people assume threads like this will get closed or deleted, this sort of honest opinion is how we either strengthen our positions or change them. I did move this to the appropriate section, though.

As I've mentioned repeatedly in several threads around the site, this current software does not have an efficient method for alerting members why posts or threads were deleted. If you think a volunteer moderator should spend his evening private messaging the participants of a portion of conversation in a thread violated our rules, I'd say that is being unrealistic. If you want to blame anyone for this, blame me, not the moderators. I can tell you right now that the moderators here are probably on the same exact page as you guys. Your threads and posts are not getting closed or deleted due to dissenting opinion, but because they likely violated rules that *I* typed on the very keyboard I'm typing on now. I've been saying since the beginning of this site in 2008, if you believe your post or thread did not violate a rule, message me. I see the same people publicly complaining, yet I can't remember the last time I received a PM regarding this. One thing I've noticed is we've been very hesitant when it comes to handing out warnings and infractions, usually deleting the rule violation and moving on. The person who violates the rule then complains about their post being deleted, and violates the rule again at a later date. This is going to change, along with the increased transparency.

As Philip mentioned, we're very close to our migration to this new software, which it seems will increase the efficiency of our moderation. I do recall saying things were going to change and the moderation would be more transparent. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that would happen after the migration. Our new moderators don't have permission here yet, and we're still using the old software. I will not promise you guys things will be more to your liking after this migration, you might dislike us even more.. If our policies and procedures here at NWFA cause some of you to leave, I regretfully understand, but I will not allow this place to devolve into a tinfoil hat community (which many already call it). Trying to please everyone is a fools errand, and I have to do what I believe is best.

Which is a very good reason NWFA should just let threads die on their own, rather than closing them.
Allowing such open discussion and debate even on something like Climate change and political ideology is a very good thing.
Closing that Climate Change thread serves no purpose, and definitely oppresses healthy debate.
I've seen it here often where a thread was closed that was not harming anyone.
Just let the damm thread die on its own. No harm, no foul!

With all dues respect to the site owner, that is exactly why I'm not spending another dime here. My ad over there on the right expires in days from now, and my vendor forum has already been deleted.
And I can tell you that I have received a fair amount of business from that ad. My business benefited from NWFA. Nonetheless, I'll take my $725.00 a year elsewhere.

Add me to this.. was originally planning to advertise my new biz here, but no longer

I appreciate you guys sharing your thoughts here. I laugh when people assume threads like this will get closed or deleted, this sort of honest opinion is how we either strengthen our positions or change them. I did move this to the appropriate section, though.

As I've mentioned repeatedly in several threads around the site, this current software does not have an efficient method for alerting members why posts or threads were deleted. If you think a volunteer moderator should spend his evening private messaging the participants of a portion of conversation in a thread violated our rules, I'd say that is being unrealistic. If you want to blame anyone for this, blame me, not the moderators. I can tell you right now that the moderators here are probably on the same exact page as you guys. Your threads and posts are not getting closed or deleted due to dissenting opinion, but because they likely violated rules that *I* typed on the very keyboard I'm typing on now. I've been saying since the beginning of this site in 2008, if you believe your post or thread did not violate a rule, message me. I see the same people publicly complaining, yet I can't remember the last time I received a PM regarding this. One thing I've noticed is we've been very hesitant when it comes to handing out warnings and infractions, usually deleting the rule violation and moving on. The person who violates the rule then complains about their post being deleted, and violates the rule again at a later date. This is going to change, along with the increased transparency.

As Philip mentioned, we're very close to our migration to this new software, which it seems will increase the efficiency of our moderation. I do recall saying things were going to change and the moderation would be more transparent. I'm pretty sure I made it clear that would happen after the migration. Our new moderators don't have permission here yet, and we're still using the old software. I will not promise you guys things will be more to your liking after this migration, you might dislike us even more.. If our policies and procedures here at NWFA cause some of you to leave, I regretfully understand, but I will not allow this place to devolve into a tinfoil hat community (which many already call it). Trying to please everyone is a fools errand, and I have to do what I believe is best.

Good! Thank you! I'm looking forward to the migration.

Here's my input: I come here because of my interest in 2A issues and firearms.

There are many other forums I could visit to read or argue about non 2A politics, religion, theology or the latest conspiracy theory.

Here's a vote of confidence and support.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads