JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Let's stay focused on the Second Amendment. No one takes another's First Amendment right away, we self regulate based upon our core values and beliefs. This is how discussions get side tracked and plunge into personal attacks.

I say no more infringement of the First through the Twenty Seventh Amendments and Government must hold true to the Constitution! We are being divided. If you see it, you need to act to stop it.

As Americans, we owe that to our fore fathers and those who will be raised here after we are gone. This country is the last chance for freedom in the world. America has always set an example and never been a follower. The Grand Experiment of self government was spawned here. Either we unite and set aside our petty differences or we fall.

For me, this discussion has run its course and should it continue I fear it will only become more divisive. If you think for a minute that by doing nothing everything will be alright, there are plenty of examples in the world where doing just that has resulted in decades of lost freedoms!!

Gunfixx's statement that open disucssion causes division on this website lead me to the statement that I made I want open honsest discussion, regardless of wether I like it or not as long as it is done in a respectful manner.

You can't have a reasonable discussion when your attitude about who is responsible for what is so jaded and biased. Thats exactly what I am talking about - selective indignation.

You see things one way - the "libs" are the problem. That kind of thinking *is* the problem, and had no political slant.

Where did you read in my above statement Libs? What is wrong with me or any person having beliefs that they will not compromise with? If that is OK then what is wrong with having as you posted "selective indignation" (strong displeasure at something considered unjust, offensive, insulting, or base; righteous anger.) for the people, actions or things that oppose what I believe and who actively try to do away with the beliefs that I hold dear? Why cant I have a view of who I believe to be responsible and want them held accountable for what they have done and to make sure they don't do anymore damage?

I would say that you would do the exact same thing if you think you have the right to own a firearm and people are totally taking that right away. Maybe not "selective indignation" right away but later wouldn't your view be jaded or biased as well? Your own "selective indignation" may/would probably come later.

Eah, I give up. Lets all hug, hold hands and compromise our 2nd Amendment rights away. Is that better?

Last Edited:
"this website actually foments such divisive discussion by even allowing opportunity for such discussion."

Right there.

I support divisive conversation regardless wether I agree with the point or the subject.

Last Edited:
How many times does it have to be stated that more moderators are coming on board and threads will be kept inline when we switch to the new platform? No matter what you do threads will go sideways unless moderators are put in place to enforce site rules, period. This thread is a perfect example, Joe gave you a perfectly good answer and yet here we are 5 pages in and people are still moaning. Obviously the question you started this over was not the question you wanted answered.

Alright guys, this thread has run it's course for the time being.

If we need to continue the discussion after the migration, we'll create a new thread and continue.

Status

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top