JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I went and looked at some Charter Arms revolvers at the gun show today. They did not have the new Pit Bull anywhere. That was a shame because I have been told it is better finished than previous guns. Even though the Charter Arms guns seems fine mechanically, and even had a very apparent simplistic charm, I could not get over the vast color difference between the gun and the alloy trigger guard. When the whole body is alloy it is one thing, but like this the trigger guard and the rear backstrap looked really out of place. I can still see why people like them and would want this particular model gun though.

When I started loading I was told by several people to "be careful" when load specifically .40S&W. What does that tell ya.

Don't listen to winos who live under a viaduct downtown?

WinoFrom Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Jump to: navigation, search
Look up wino in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.

Wino is a slang term for a person, especially one who is homeless, who consumes large amounts of alcohol, usually in the form of low-end fortified wine.

I've a lot of experience with Charter's. In every case they've been very serviceable. The aluminum grip frame helps to lighten them up without making the main frame itself out of alloy.

I'm also a big fan of the .40 S&W cartridge. If they ever market this gun, I believe it will be a winner.

...more of to each his own.:s0131:

WAYNO.:)

The truth comes out, lol.

I do have to admit that I think the main reason I want it is the cute little puppy on the barrel. Plus, it might be nice to see if I could refine the finishing a bit.

DSC02076.JPG

I did buy one of the first one but had not fired it until this week and then only 10 rounds. I think the .40 to be way better then my .38+P, both fired out of a short barrel. sure seemed snappier to me anyway. I had bought it in the first place to see if it would be a good alternate for my son who used .40 in his service pistol. they now allow 9mm which he switched to.

This is a keeper to me

Steel would be heavier. I have no problem with it's strength, it seems plenty strong to me
-
Steel is heavier & stronger .
But nothing wrong with Alum. Alloy in frames . there plenty strong . the few handguns I have had had with Alloy frame seem to take a beating I give them plenty good .
I got an older Ber92fs that been beat hard and been threw thousands of stout loads plus dropped many a time also .

Well mine was among the first production run, and it runs fine. It's as accurate as I am. Strong like bull as far as I can see or tell. Deep solid primer strikes. It is a five shooter and while you can use a .38 caliber speed strip for reloading, no one would use this with the thought of needing a fast reload. I like having it on the bed stand personally. Fast, simple, powerful, and reliable. That's what I want when waking up suddenly. Anyway I would get rid of my 629 before this one. I don't carry or use the 629, I do use the Pitbull.

I hear you. I have and have had Charter Arms revolvers for a very long time.. I think they're great. It's just that those baby tapped, off centered primer hits are off the chart (no pun lol) wrong.

To me, the concept is flawed because bullet selection for the .40 is pretty much limited to rounds that will feed reliably thru a semi-auto. The same sized revolver can also be had in .357 which is ballistically equivalent to the .40 and gives you the ability to use a wide variety of bullet types such as wadcutters as well as going down to light .38 spl loads for practice. The only possible advantage I can see is that .40 ammo has been more available of late, but I regard that situation as temporary.

I owned a blued Bulldog in .44 Special for a while.

It was okay. In some ways I liked it.

I sold it. I wanted a stainless gun (CA didn't offer stainless then, only blued - in fact, IIRC, CA was out of business when I sold it). I bought a stainless Ruger SP101 - going forward I almost always buy stainless or "alloy" guns for the corrosion resistance. I also wanted a .357 Mag - not that its better than .44 Special - I don't think it is - but I like to own one of each of the common popular chamberings - e.g., .357 Mag, .44 Mag, 9MM, etc.

The CA revolvers are good for their price, but I prefer a Ruger or S&W with regards to quality and design.

As for .40 S&W - never owned or shot one - never felt the need. Especially in a revolver where you can load much more common and versatile chamberings up or down.

I would likely have bought a .357, but I was wanting to try something my son could use with his service gun's ammunition. Now that he has switched to a 9mm Glock 17 or 19 (The longer one) it is now a moot point. Of course there is now a 9mm Pitbull too, but he is using a S&W ,38 J frame for his back up/ off duty carry.

Meanwhile I have several hundred rounds of .40 S&W and this is my only gun chambered for it.

-
Steel is heavier & stronger .
But nothing wrong with Alum. Alloy in frames . there plenty strong . the few handguns I have had had with Alloy frame seem to take a beating I give them plenty good .
I got an older Ber92fs that been beat hard and been threw thousands of stout loads plus dropped many a time also .

Ditto! Not a big aluminum frame fan until I bought an older Beretta 92f. It's changed my mind, somewhat!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top