JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I have three .357's, a 4" Old style Blackhawk, 6" GP100, and a Taurus 605 snubbie. I had always wanted to try a Charter Arms, but had no other reason to until this .40 showed up. This is a larger gun than you would think it would be. much closer to the GP100 frame wise, than a smaller S&W J frame. Charter Arms are not beauty contestants, but they seem very practical. I would buy one for whatever need I could find. Again I like my ,40 S&W caliber Charter Arms Pitbull.

I purchased the Charter Arms PitBull .40S&W revolver mainly because it does not require moon clips as most .40S&W revolvers do. The Pit Bull .40S&W revolver is an excellent revolver, it is very accurate at close to mid range, and with the .40 caliber round you have plenty of stopping power.

There are however pluses and minuses with any revolver, the main minus that is always thrown out is the number of rounds, you have five. However, the major plus is that you are going to be very hard pressed to have a misfire or jam a revolver, as opposed to a semi-automatic with more rounds. Don't get me wrong, I own and use semi-automatics, but there are certain situations where I prefer a revolver over a semi-automatic.

I am 55 years old and have owned and been shooting handguns since I was 16. My favorite round is the .40S&W for self defense, and I have several other firearms chambered in the .40. Currently I own a Glock 22, a Beretta 9000, and a .40 Hi-point Carbine besides the PitBull. I keep the PitBull next to my nightstand and is with out a doubt my choice in a go to firearm in case you are awakened from a deep sleep by an intruder in the middle of the night. With the PitBull you don't have to think about the safety, if there is a round chambered or not, and you have no worries of Jams or misfires. All you need do is aim and pull the trigger, it don't get much easier than that. You can rest assured anything you hit with a hollow point .40 S&W round is going to go down.

Charter Arms in years past used to produce low cost handguns, with perhaps less than desired quality. There was a time when you could have purchased a Charter Arms revolver on the street for under $100 just about anywhere. No longer, today, the quality and reliability of any of the Charter Arms revolvers is equal to any of their competitors in the same price range.

So if you can still purchase the Charter Arms PitBull .40S&W for under $400 I would advise you to do so if you haven't already done it. The MSRP on the PitBull is $489, so you are getting a good deal. In case you missed out on that deal, Bud's gunshop has the Pitbull for $418 with free shipping.

Until this past Christmas when I bought a excellent Walther PPX in .40, the Pitbull was my only .40. Like Craig, the Pitbull is still my nightstand gun.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top