JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Hope you get healed up and back to normal soon! As Ura-Ki said there is hemp derived CBD that is THC free. And there is quite a bit of evidence that it helps with diabetes, I'll post a link to some studies. I use the hemp derived type for COPD and it actually helps more than the prescription drugs! Its a powerful bronchodilator,vasodilator and also has an anti-inflammatory agent plus it can improve lung function. I haven't used albuterol in months. Its worth a try.
AAMC: Diabetes - Treatment with Cannabis
CBD Oil For Diabetes: The Positive Effects Of CBD on Metabolism
CBD compound in cannabis could treat diabetes, researchers suggest
Best CBD Oil Products Without THC - CBD Oil Users

That is something I'm interested in looking into. Just have to be 100% certain it won't be an issue for my job - any possibility of a positive on my drug test would mean it's a no go. Though I hear the CBD oil isn't supposed to do that.

So, good news and bad news. After going through pain and making no progress with my thumb, I set another appt. to meet with the surgeon. He wasn't pleased with the lack of movement and brought in a PT to take a look. She concluded that the muscle/tendon combo that makes my thumb bend properly has atrophied due to lack of use (my thumb has been essentially locked up, unable to bend since the end of July). That's the bad news. The good news is with some painful, repetitive PT at home, I should be able to eventually get things to work properly again. That's the good news.

So long as I know this can get better, I'm happy to work through the pain of the PT, it's worth it to get things back again. Still, for the time being, this is making typing more difficult, on a keyboard or phone due to how I hold it, so I'm really just lurking around here at the moment. Hope to engage more at my regular pace when things start working and feeling better.

It helps! Dislocated my left thumb way back, and i had to do excersizes to get it working right again. I have since dislocated it so many times i can pop it out just by squeezing down on something hard, Suckz bigtime! I keep a ball handy to work out the kink after i pop it back in the socket. Hurts like a S.O.B. but I'm used to It!:( i also have a permently broken meta in my right hand, never bothers me, and if I never got cuffed, I can get my hand out pretty easy, sort of handy to have!:)

She concluded that the muscle/tendon combo that makes my thumb bend properly has atrophied due to lack of use (my thumb has been essentially locked up, unable to bend since the end of July).

Good thing they made you try all the other schtick for FOUR long months before they did the surgery, huh? NOT! :(

Hoping you get back up and running soon rather than later Eric.

Good thing they made you try all the other schtick for FOUR long months before they did the surgery, huh? NOT! :(

Hoping you get back up and running soon rather than later Eric.

Thanks. Yeah, It's been 11 months since this started. We only got to surgery because I refused some earlier treatment options, like PT, that many said wouldn't work. Sucks to have to wait so long, only to pay for it with muscles that forgot how to work :confused:

I just had surgery for trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis). Ring finger.
Wish I had done it much sooner.
This had plagued me for two years and I made the mistake of thinking it would go away...ya...it just got worse.
For me, injections and P.T. didn't work. Surgery solved it. You might be different.
Doc said that people who wait too long could have permanent damage.

Last Edited:
I just had surgery for trigger finger (stenosing tenosynovitis). Ring finger.
Wish I had done it much sooner.
This had plagued me for two years and I made the mistake of thinking it would go away...ya...it just got worse.
For me, injections and P.T. didn't work. Surgery solved it. You might be different.
Doc said that people who wait too long could have permanent damage.

I would have done the surgery sooner, but it was the docs that wanted to try other things first - which ended up dragging everything out for a year from the time it started.

As my muscles/tendons had atrophied during all that time of non-use, I basically had to train my thumb to work again. It was slow, but I'm back to probably 95% of what I had before - I lost just a very slight range of motion, but it doesn't affect me day to day. Strength is back to normal now and everything feels like it did before this all started. Just glad to have it done. If it happens again, say in another finger, I'll be sure to push the docs to just go straight to the surgery and save all the wasted time, and cost, for things that did nothing to fix it.

And yeah, injections and PT didn't work for me either - waste of time and money.

Missed this thread. Read all of it and wow.

Sorry to hear about the thumb dude.

I truly hope you recover from this and are able to get back into enjoying the use of your hand.

In the mean time, get out there and start shooting south pawed.

Missed this thread. Read all of it and wow.

Sorry to hear about the thumb dude.

I truly hope you recover from this and are able to get back into enjoying the use of your hand.

In the mean time, get out there and start shooting south pawed.

Thanks, but I am actually as fully recovered as I'm going to get. I lost just a little bit of range of motion, but strength is fully back in place. Pretty good result overall, I just would have liked to get it fixed sooner. Been back shooting for a bit now, no problems.

Thanks, but I am actually as fully recovered as I'm going to get. I lost just a little bit of range of motion, but strength is fully back in place. Pretty good result overall, I just would have liked to get it fixed sooner. Been back shooting for a bit now, no problems.
Darn good to hear!

I'm likely going to have to go down this path with my ankle soon, lifetime soccer player, so it was a rough read for me.

Glad to hear your still shooting!

Darn good to hear!

I'm likely going to have to go down this path with my ankle soon, lifetime soccer player, so it was a rough read for me.

Glad to hear your still shooting!

I've been through something similar before - I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands back in 2003. At this point, I'm of the opinion, just get the surgery and get on the mend as fast as possible. Every alternate therapy they tried on me failed. Hopefully your ankle is something they can get taken care of too. My brother played a lot of basketball and had to have both knees replaced - says he's better now than he's been in years.

I've been through something similar before - I had carpal tunnel surgery on both hands back in 2003. At this point, I'm of the opinion, just get the surgery and get on the mend as fast as possible. Every alternate therapy they tried on me failed. Hopefully your ankle is something they can get taken care of too. My brother played a lot of basketball and had to have both knees replaced - says he's better now than he's been in years.
Ya, I'm stubborn, so I'll likely wait till it affects my ability to walk to do something about it.

Doc, last time I asked about it, recommended physical therapy.

He is nuts!

I had the surgery 5 months ago and I'm as bad off or worse than before. The finger now wont fully extend and if I happen to sleep with a closed fist, it takes a painful effort to get it straightened out. Once I get it lose it's not bad, but it wakes me at night. I went back to the Doc and they wanted to give me another cortisone shot. I'm not playing that game again, nor will I see this surgeon again.

I had the surgery 5 months ago and I'm as bad off or worse than before. The finger now wont fully extend and if I happen to sleep with a closed fist, it takes a painful effort to get it straightened out. Once I get it lose it's not bad, but it wakes me at night. I went back to the Doc and they wanted to give me another cortisone shot. I'm not playing that game again, nor will I see this surgeon again.

Sorry to hear that. You're the first person I've heard from that had a negative outcome for this type of surgery. Maybe another surgeon could fix it?

Just curious - when things weren't healing properly, did he have you consult a physical therapist? I know when mine wasn't healing properly and it was obvious my muscles had atrophied, he had me work with the physical therapist in his office. She gave me some exercises I had to do for about a month - and after that time, things came back - a month after that, I was, what I would consider, completely healed.

I hope you can find a way to get that fixed, good luck to you with that.

Sorry to hear that. You're the first person I've heard from that had a negative outcome for this type of surgery. Maybe another surgeon could fix it?

Just curious - when things weren't healing properly, did he have you consult a physical therapist? I know when mine wasn't healing properly and it was obvious my muscles had atrophied, he had me work with the physical therapist in his office. She gave me some exercises I had to do for about a month - and after that time, things came back - a month after that, I was, what I would consider, completely healed.

I hope you can find a way to get that fixed, good luck to you with that.

I did exercise the finger a lot. It started locking near full extension, when before if locked when making a fist. It's like the original issue in reverse. Thanks!

I did exercise the finger a lot. It started locking near full extension, when before if locked when making a fist. It's like the original issue in reverse. Thanks!

Well that just sucks. I hope you can find another doc that can fix that for you!

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top