JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Sometimes I wonder if Dr's are just too friggin busy to make the right decision in our cases, after all they do still have a practice after all the years of service.... They should have journeyman status you'd think.

I hope that this surgery takes away the pain and stiffness.

I don't like the sound of that................. as when I say "I'm going to fix that mother bubblegumer for good"; it usually doesn't turn out that well for the object of my attention and doesn't really involve "fixing".:eek::D

Ray

Well, it's certainly better than just "getting fixed" :eek: Last thing I need to do is come home with a satellite collar around my neck to keep me from licking the stitches :p:p:p

Well, it's certainly better than just "getting fixed" :eek: Last thing I need to do is come home with a satellite collar around my neck to keep me from licking the stitches :p:p:p

Wow, I'm surprised you ever leave your house.............., especially if you can lick the place where the stitches from "getting fixed" would be :s0095:. I'm impressed.

Ray

Time for another update - surgery in 2 days! Finally going to get this thing fixed. It's been going on since January and has made everything from opening jars, gripping small objects and shooting guns anywhere from difficult to painful to impossible. Heck, I can't even grip a darn ziploc bag enough to pull it open, that is frustrating.

Bad part is I won't be able to carry during recovery since this is my dominant hand and there is no way I'd be able to grip a gun during the first 2-3 weeks after the surgery. This will be the first time in years I'll be going around without carrying regularly, it's going to be an odd feeling. In the meantime, I'll be moving my carry knife to my left side and possibly add a small canister of pepper spray as a backup.

Time for another update - surgery in 2 days! Finally going to get this thing fixed. It's been going on since January and has made everything from opening jars, gripping small objects and shooting guns anywhere from difficult to painful to impossible. Heck, I can't even grip a darn ziploc bag enough to pull it open, that is frustrating.

Bad part is I won't be able to carry during recovery since this is my dominant hand and there is no way I'd be able to grip a gun during the first 2-3 weeks after the surgery. This will be the first time in years I'll be going around without carrying regularly, it's going to be an odd feeling. In the meantime, I'll be moving my carry knife to my left side and possibly add a small canister of pepper spray as a backup.

Good luck brother we are all pulling for you!!! Will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You need that trigger finger to function properly. ;)

Good luck brother we are all pulling for you!!! Will definitely keep you in our thoughts and prayers. You need that trigger finger to function properly. ;)

Thanks man. I've really come to appreciate how important a functional thumb is to the hand. Excited to have this done.

Are you sure you can't carry? I get the not being able to pull -- but if you can't safely get the rig on you no need to risk it.

Best of luck with recovery - and do what ever physical therapy is called for.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top