JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You all are about the only people I talk to these days.

No secret I've been ill lately, I've been bringing it up more than ever.

I have no idea what is wrong. Been going to the doctor a lot to try and figure out what is wrong. That in itself isn't helping with my attitude!

I've been a grumpy as F… lately though. It is really dragging me down and I don't like it. Anyone here that has met me knows I'm not a downer.

Short story, I'm pretty sure Covid caused some sort of long term health problem or it at least brought it to the surface. I've been screened before and showed some signs of diverticulitis, that was about 5 years ago. I've had what feels like food get stuck in my bowel for years, it's usually a one night thing and it goes away.

Lately it's a 24/7 thing and it sucks!

Anyways, you all have always been good to me, for the most part, so I'm looking for advice on how not to be a dick.

I've noticed my attitude on a lot of things go negative and I'm aware of it. I'd like that to stop and if you all have something I should do or try I'm all ears.

Thanks!

Reno
Dude as a long time suffer of diverticulitis, I can atest to the fact it is nothing to f around with, im headed for a full colon surgery this year through the VA, I first got sick on my 3rd deployment to Afghanistan in 09..no one knew what was wrong, and even though over the years I have had my colonoscopy every 3 years, they never thought to even tell me that i had it, until last April when I ended up in the ER, thinking my gut had ripped open lololol. So now I get ill about every 3 weeks, and i just try to ride it out, meds dont help,, there is no proof that antibiotics help in the recovery, change in diet does not help, as it is a illness of inflamation, however lower fat foods are always good for you. I hope that there will be enough good colon left so I dont end up with a bag, but im set in my mind if it all has to come out then lets get it done so i can move on with my life.I hope you find out what is going on..cheers and keep on plinking, if you can.

From people I know that have gone through similar things, what you're describing sure sounds auto immune.
I went several years with psoriatic arthritis before it was diagnosed and treated. Learned that pain can occupy your thoughts, but others have no idea why you're sharp with them. It takes work to stay on task and remember that others aren't the source of your pain.

My relief can from a combination of drugs and bioligics like Enbrel and Humira. Inflamation is at bay for now and additional damage seems to be stopped.

Sure hope you can find relief from both the pain and from being unduly sharp with people.

I've had a lot of things happen with myself and my wife in the last few years that drove me to the lowest point of my life. Some of it was nagging physical pain that I thought would end my career and some was mental pain from my wife's struggles that made me want to end everything else. I can honestly say that it was my faith in God that slapped me around and brought me out of it. Life still isn't easy. I still have a ways to go but my attitude changed and that's helped me a bunch. Part of the attitude change was finding a supplement that made it hurt less when I walk, the other was realizing how much i've been blessed. My wife is still here with me, my kids turned out okay and they're healthy, I have three grandkids, I live in probably the best country on earth for the time being and I get to live in relative peace. My faith in Jesus has also led me to believe there is more for me than my worn out old tired body that doesn't feel like it can go on any more and that's a big plus. I look around me and so many others are in worse shape than me. As an example I found out my best buddy from the time I was eight has stage four lung cancer. All of this has given me GRATITUDE. I haven't lived your life or walked in your shoes so I can't pretend to know how things are for you but I've had plenty of trouble myself. But now I'm just grateful that I still have a job, that my wife is okay, that my family loves me and I get to see them from time to time. I'm grateful when I get up every day and can provide for them. Tomorrow isn't promised so make sure you spend some time treating your family the way you'd like them to remember you. Most of all be thankful for the things that you've been blessed with. I hope you find out what's ailing you and can alleviate the daily pain. I know its a real drag.

I've had a lot of things happen with myself and my wife in the last few years that drove me to the lowest point of my life. Some of it was nagging physical pain that I thought would end my career and some was mental pain from my wife's struggles that made me want to end everything else. I can honestly say that it was my faith in God that slapped me around and brought me out of it. Life still isn't easy. I still have a ways to go but my attitude changed and that's helped me a bunch. Part of the attitude change was finding a supplement that made it hurt less when I walk, the other was realizing how much i've been blessed. My wife is still here with me, my kids turned out okay and they're healthy, I have three grandkids, I live in probably the best country on earth for the time being and I get to live in relative peace. My faith in Jesus has also led me to believe there is more for me than my worn out old tired body that doesn't feel like it can go on any more and that's a big plus. I look around me and so many others are in worse shape than me. As an example I found out my best buddy from the time I was eight has stage four lung cancer. All of this has given me GRATITUDE. I haven't lived your life or walked in your shoes so I can't pretend to know how things are for you but I've had plenty of trouble myself. But now I'm just grateful that I still have a job, that my wife is okay, that my family loves me and I get to see them from time to time. I'm grateful when I get up every day and can provide for them. Tomorrow isn't promised so make sure you spend some time treating your family the way you'd like them to remember you. Most of all be thankful for the things that you've been blessed with. I hope you find out what's ailing you and can alleviate the daily pain. I know its a real drag.
Real nice, down to earth, well written and comforting

Thanks for the kind words and wisdom @monks

Still working to figure out what's going on. Nothing yet, but I've started some supplements that have been helping some. I still get my butt kicked anytime I eat a large meal, but I'm learning to eat smaller bits more often. It isn't my normal, but I'm getting to the point where the 3 meals a day just isn't working.

Im definitely grateful and still like to think I am happy. Most days I am happy, then there are days where everything just feels bad and I'm tested to keep myself in order!

Thanks for the kind words and wisdom @monks

Im definitely grateful and still like to think I am happy. Most days I am happy, then there are days where everything just feels bad and I'm tested to keep myself in order!
Hey we're all there so your not alone! Each and every day is it's own struggle. Just keep up the good fight and don't let it drag you too far down. A trending up attitude beats trending down, even if it isn't every day.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top