JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I recently sold my old motorcycle.
As is, no warranty, written on the receipt. Told the guy everything i knew about the bike. Let him look it over, ask questions, started it from a cold start, it ran in the driveway for 10 minutes. Cash sale.
Told him if he had any questions to ask me but i wasnt looking to be buddies or become his mechanic.

Less than 24 hours he is tearing the bike apart. Sends me a text with a picture containing some cut wires. I dont recognize them. Answered his question and told him to have a nice day.

Texts me today and says the bike is leaking oil. News to me.
Threatens to use the lemon law.

I fixed stuff as it was wearing out or needed replacing. I put $1200 into the suspension in the last 14 months alone.

End of discussion i told him not to contact me again. He continues. I blocked his number.

People suck. The more i deal with them the less i like sharing oxygen with folks.

He has no Lega standing with "AS IS" just make sure you have a piece of paper with his signature on it that says Sold AS IS, and yor golden!

We both have the same receipt. With my signature, my wife's, and his signature.

I aint worried so much as i needed to vent a little bit.
If he shows up, uninvited, in my driveway he most definitely wont have any legs to stand on afterwords.

We both have the same receipt. With my signature, my wife's, and his signature.

I aint worried so much as i needed to vent a little bit.
If he shows up, uninvited, in my driveway he most definitely wont have any legs to stand on afterwords.
This is the direct result of a generation raised where NOTHING they did was "their fault". They grew up being told that every stupid choice they made was not their fault. So he can rant all he wants, he needs to cry to Mommy and Daddy who taught him to be like this. Tell them to fix his new toy for him.
Years back we had an old SUV. Couple of the kids learned to drive in it. Was their loaner car when theirs was in the shop and such. Old beater was being used as a loaner, some guy rear ended it. Thing still ran fine but insurance totalled it. Offered Wife like twice what I thought I could sell it for so I told her take the damn cash. They told her she could keep it for $300. She asked the kid who had been using it if he wanted it? He did. Got a new salvage title, drove it for a good while. When he sold it, it ran. Title showed salvage. Buyer started same thing months later. "This thing won't start any more?" Wanted to take it to a shop and have them pay. I told him tell the guy to pound sand and ignore him.

Yup people suck, there is very little honor in this world and on top of that no one knows how to do anything for themselves and just expect every one else to save them, at times I wonder if my dad thought the same thing when he was my age or his dad before him and then my head starts to hurt

Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 7.05.00 AM.png

I recently sold my old motorcycle.
As is, no warranty, written on the receipt. Told the guy everything i knew about the bike. Let him look it over, ask questions, started it from a cold start, it ran in the driveway for 10 minutes. Cash sale.
Told him if he had any questions to ask me but i wasnt looking to be buddies or become his mechanic.

Less than 24 hours he is tearing the bike apart. Sends me a text with a picture containing some cut wires. I dont recognize them. Answered his question and told him to have a nice day.

Texts me today and says the bike is leaking oil. News to me.
Threatens to use the lemon law.

I fixed stuff as it was wearing out or needed replacing. I put $1200 into the suspension in the last 14 months alone.

End of discussion i told him not to contact me again. He continues. I blocked his number.

People suck. The more i deal with them the less i like sharing oxygen with folks.
That guy sounds like an insipid hole just waiting for something to invent to get upset about.

This is the direct result of a generation raised where NOTHING they did was "their fault". They grew up being told that every stupid choice they made was not their fault. So he can rant all he wants, he needs to cry to Mommy and Daddy who taught him to be like this. Tell them to fix his new toy for him.
Years back we had an old SUV. Couple of the kids learned to drive in it. Was their loaner car when theirs was in the shop and such. Old beater was being used as a loaner, some guy rear ended it. Thing still ran fine but insurance totalled it. Offered Wife like twice what I thought I could sell it for so I told her take the damn cash. They told her she could keep it for $300. She asked the kid who had been using it if he wanted it? He did. Got a new salvage title, drove it for a good while. When he sold it, it ran. Title showed salvage. Buyer started same thing months later. "This thing won't start any more?" Wanted to take it to a shop and have them pay. I told him tell the guy to pound sand and ignore him.

Funny thing about all of this is I probably could've told him what to look for.
Last time I rode the bike in early March there was no leak.
I also sent him away with the shop manual. So he has the Honda shop manual to help him fix it.
Plus, I have a good friend that wrenches on this specific bike and has done work for me on it. I would have shared his number with this dummy, if he was decent.

Skipping straight to being a douchebag earns you no help, no suggestions, and no mechanic recommendations.
It escapes my understanding how folks don't get the premise of being nice opens a lot of doors.

Another example of differences in folks generationally is we sold my old truck back in September. The guy that bought it was in his 60's lives out in a rural area. He drove it, we talked, I shared everything about the vehicle with him, he looked under the hood, under the truck, decided to buy it.
Never heard from him again.

This other turd bag couldn't have been a day over 30. And is a whiny bubblegum.

Totally offkey here, but whats with all the bubblegum talk? I see this all the time on this sight. Is this sight cutting out all the mother phuckin, bullshi+, assh@le talk?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top