JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm thinking the Smith is mighty purdy too. Plus it'd be first wheelgun, and I think the pre-wife will like shooting it.

But I really like the feel of that new g19. And it's got that utilitarian appeal, and it'd be my first glock.

I'm leaning smith I think, no the glock. Oh geez.

It's def. a tough decision I have a couple of both and still want more of both (wheel vs. auto). Both of those are great guns and I'm sure you would be happy with either one.

Glock 23. :D

Same size as the 19 but harder hitting. You can get a 9mm conversion kit for the 23, but you can't get a .40 SW conversion for the 19 (Just change barrel and mag in the .40.) Just something to think about. :s0155:

I'd go with the Glock. While I enjoy a nice revolver, and that IS a nice revolver, the Glock has more rounds for HD, plus you can be loading a mag while she's firing it (and vice versa) at the range.

You mention that you think she'd enjoy shooting the Smith, does she have much experience with firearms? If not, she may enjoy the Glock more as the revolver will be a little meaner.

Happy Birthday, and remember, you can eventually have them both.

I could see you going with the smith if you already had a stack of poly guns, but you said this glock would be your first- Get the Glock! You won't be disappointed, especially with the Gen 4 models.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews