JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Okay. So I think its current Glock 8, Smith 5. :p

I think I'm starting to lean toward the Glock. I think I'll get more use out of it in the near term, and it'll be a little cheaper to feed than the Smith.

I think I'll skip the G23, as I don't really ever see getting into 40cal. I like 9mm because it is less expensive, and I'm more in the phase of building a small collection rather than broadening my already large one.

Also, the Glock is cheaper, which leaves some room for ammo and maybe a hi-cap mag. The Model 60 Smith is still definitely the next in line after the Glock.

Anyways, I'm going to start calling around Seattle shops to see if anyone has gen 4 G19 in stock, so if you know of one that does, let me know!

Thanks for all the input guys; its like you all got be a birthday present.:s0155:

My first handgun was a Glock 19, I picked it for the same reason you listed, a fun gun, range gun, and can be concealed if need be. I recently sold it to get a Kel-Tec that was easier to conceal than the 19. I loved that 19 though, it shot very well without a hiccup and was very accurate.

First off, MARRY that girl now, she's a keeper!

I would get the S&W, it will be special, every one has plastic guns, especially Glocks, you can get that anytime.

Get her interested in shooting with a wheel gun (you can load it with light loads, no recoil from the slide, can shoot better single action, no malfuntcions with light inexpensive target loads, and can shoot lead bullets).
This will be a keepsake so make it a classic blue steel and wood gun not a Tupperware carry gun. /B]:s0155:

If you don't already have a wheel gun, I'd say go with the smith. wheel guns are just a whole lot of fun. I can't tell you why, but to me wheel guns have so much more sentimental value as a gift. My brother got me a .44 spc bulldog and thats one gun I'll never get rid of.

I just traded my gen4 off for a sig...but....It was a fantastic gun & the new features are awesome. Even though the backstrap size L was made for someone with giant hands. I didnt care much for the backstraps but the reversible mag catch was a great feature. Since I have a had a little 2 much kool aid my vote goes for the GLOCK. I also have not held the RTF glock but I do know that the gen 4 feels great. :s0155:

Man. It's almost tied up again!

I think I've determined I want them both equally. My new plan is to get the first one that I can find in stock at a shop. It will be the tiebreaker.:)

Feel 'em both, although I must say, I shot better with my G19 than with any other handgun I've owned, felt like it aimed for me, but thats all about pistol to hand fit. Can't go wrong with either choice here

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top