JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
AI - the "brains" of robots

https://pjmedia.com/instapundit/451033/

"This is especially true for computers. "We never close off all the avenues for hacking," he said, positing that once AI systems start looking for hacks, vulnerabilities will be found at a scale humans are simply unprepared to handle."

Hack. Meaning using something for an unintended purpose. Like downloading gambling databases thru an internet connected thermometer.
We already have AI in firewall software and it's getting pretty good at detecting suspicious activity. It's pretty cool what it can do.

We are rapidly approaching the AI event horizon. Nothing will ever be the same. It could be awesome or terrifying, or as history has taught us, most likely both. We may not even know when it happens.

Now to really scare you, imagine a militarized CCP AI exploiting backdoor APIs built into Huawei electronic equipment like 5G devices. Like a bad Sci-Fi movie.

Last Edited:
"...Last year "an autonomous weaponized drone hunted down a human target last year" and attacked them without being specifically ordered to, according to a report from the UN Security Council's Panel of Experts on Libya, published in March 2021 that was published in the New Scientist magazine and the Star.

The March 2020 attack was in Libya and perpetrated by a Kargu-2 quadcopter drone produced by Turkish military tech company STM "during a conflict between Libyan government forces and a breakaway military faction led by Khalifa Haftar, commander of the Libyan National Army," the Star reports, adding: "The Kargu-2 is fitted with an explosive charge and the drone can be directed at a target in a kamikaze attack, detonating on impact."

The drones were operating in a "highly effective" autonomous mode that required no human controller and the report notes: ..."

More at link:

"...Last year "an autonomous weaponized drone hunted down a human target last year" and attacked them without being specifically ordered to, according to a report from the UN Security Council's Panel of Experts on Libya, published in March 2021 that was published in the New Scientist magazine and the Star.

The March 2020 attack was in Libya and perpetrated by a Kargu-2 quadcopter drone produced by Turkish military tech company STM "during a conflict between Libyan government forces and a breakaway military faction led by Khalifa Haftar, commander of the Libyan National Army," the Star reports, adding: "The Kargu-2 is fitted with an explosive charge and the drone can be directed at a target in a kamikaze attack, detonating on impact."

The drones were operating in a "highly effective" autonomous mode that required no human controller and the report notes: ..."

More at link:
It's become aware...

Terminator_SkyNet.jpg

All I can say is just be very careful about following your auto navigation system exactly. If you make a mistake have a great cover story ready like "Tom tom, there was an Apple 2e in the cross walk. Let's circle back and make sure it got to the sidewalk OK". No need to piss off any AI systems and that includes calling Alexa derogatory names

No need to piss off any AI systems and that includes calling Alexa derogatory names
Someone who didn't know me very well gave me an Alexa. Shortly after that, I took her to the range.

Two went out... one came back... and that's all I've got to say about that...

I didn't read the whole article but the guy's premise seems dramatically flawed to me. If an AI discovers or designs something patentable, the patent would be applied for by a human, and the human would own the patent. AI are property and have no rights nor responsibilities. If an AI does something illegal the responsibility is on the owner of the AI. He's claiming that the human didn't invent the patentable concept and is therefor cannot be listed as the inventor. I disagree. The human created or bought code (AI) and hardware and then setup the automated process. If I build something on a CNC mill, I built that, not the mill. Just because the AI is more sophisticated than a thermostat doesn't mean it is any more eligible for a patent.

AI are property and have no rights nor responsibilities.
This is the way I think it needs to be. If your AI hurts a human, then you will be charged.

An interesting aside, if your AI is a John Deere, where you can't change/modify/update etc --- only them. Then would JD be liable?

Many lawyers are going to make many dollars. </Carnac>

This is the way I think it needs to be. If your AI hurts a human, then you will be charged.

An interesting aside, if your AI is a John Deere, where you can't change/modify/update etc --- only them. Then would JD be liable?

Many lawyers are going to make many dollars. </Carnac>
They might if the tractor behaved differently that what they told you it would. If you told it to drive down a fencerow and it drove across the street and hit someone, it's probably their fault. If you told it to blindly drive across the street and it hit someone, probably your fault. Could get really complicated since the systems are really complicated.

AI doesn't really think, by the way. It's software that runs on a computer just like any other software. It still just does exactly what you tell it to, it's just that it's gotten really complicated. The creepy part, and the part that I think that Ryan got wrong, is Machine Learning. Developers write routines that use data collected from each interaction or iteration to adjust future behavior. In my mind, that new behavior is entirely the result and responsibility of the person and company who wrote the code. It seems to me that Ryan may think that at this point the AI has become an individual. I don't. That discussion might be more viable once an AI has achieved some established, measurable level of self-awareness, but that is a big old can of worms.

Just heard a story that a fast food restaurant in California is going to start using a robot that can cook hamburger 's it's called FLIPPY but if you look on YouTube there are hundreds of video of different robots doing all different stuff.......
Well, calling it "FLIPPY".......probably won't win anyone much love from the Filipino community.

Aloha, Mark

https://www.aljazeera.com/economy/2...sea-drone-readies-maiden-transatlantic-voyage

View attachment 974561

https://mas400.com/

View attachment 974560

LIVE ~6/15/21 -- 7/4/21
Dashboard - live video, informaiton
LOL, all fancied up and couldn't get out of the bay. I know "sailors" like that!
:s0140: :s0142:

Must be the water that just made this occur to me, but when they invent smart soap, don't buy it! :eek:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top