JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Couldn't make it happen with Remote Image. It played all the way through but then gave this error every time I tried.
View attachment 1016835

Too lazy or incompetent to set up the image on a sharing site so I found a YT video that has outtakes including the faceplant and edited the post above
View attachment 1016839
See the Media button at the top of this page? Hover over that and select Your Content. You have a gallery right here on NWFA!

https://www.northwestfirearms.com/media/theleftrobot-gif.108076/

Well, I tried, my brain hurts. I concede all to the robots. Time for a nice ice cream cone and ,you know, the thing...
Now go to your gallery, right click the image and copy the link to the image (In my browser it's "Copy image link". Yours may be different) . Come back here, edit your post and press CTRL+P. Click the Link button (chain icon) and paste the link. Voila:

full.gif

edit: You see how his feet slipped on takeoff? Misjudged the friction coefficient.

I've done the same thing, but I be I used different language afterward. I probably took longer to fix too.

Last Edited:
Now go to your gallery, right click the image and copy the link to the image (In my browser it's "Copy image link". Yours may be different) . Come back here, edit your post and press CTRL+P. Click the Link button (chain icon) and paste the link. Voila:

View attachment 1016861

edit: You see how his feet slipped on takeoff? Misjudged the friction coefficient.

I've done the same thing, but I be I used different language afterward. I probably took longer to fix too.
That's what I did with results similar to the robot. Could be a combo of Linux and my browser? Oh, well back to binge watching Futurama. Up to Season 3.

So let's try again. Go back to your gallery, hover the mouse over the image of the robot, and press and release the right mouse button. A context menu will appear. Click on "Copy Image Link".

1629671234677.png

Come back here, reply to this post, and inside the reply, hold the Control key while you press the P key. A dialog will appear. Click the Link button, the one I'm pointing to in this picture:
1629671005373.png

Click the box that the first arrow in the image below points to, then hold the Control key down while you press the V key. Then click the Insert button that the second arrow below points to.

1629671147242.png

After a second or two you should see your GIF in the post.

So let's try again. Go back to your gallery, hover the mouse over the image of the robot, and press and release the right mouse button. A context menu will appear. Click on "Copy Image Link".

View attachment 1016882

Come back here, reply to this post, and inside the reply, hold the Control key while you press the P key. A dialog will appear. Click the Link button, the one I'm pointing to in this picture:
View attachment 1016878

Click the box that the first arrow in the image below points to, then hold the Control key down while you press the V key. Then click the Insert button that the second arrow below points to.

View attachment 1016879

After a second or two you should see your GIF in the post.
108076-02afeced2bac98eb6d53d5cc5b201b05.gif

The difference is that instead of using the link from the address bar, I right clicked on the thumbnail after I opened the image and copied the URL from there. That at least got me the still.

When I right click on the animated gif I don;t get the menu that would let me pick copy URL, instead I get the standard options from the OS.

I'll play with some other browsers and see if any work better with NWFA

Using Chrome as my browser, I have found that after I open the selected GIF on my Media page, if I use the "Copy image BB code" command from the right sidebar and then paste that code into my reply/post and save, then I get my GIF, but without that annoying filename and user info below the GIF.

ETA: I find it helpful to open a second browser tab for my Media page from which to select the GIF. It's not necessary, but it's easier to select your GIF and copy the image BB code, and then move to the first tab to paste the code into your post and save/reply.

Last Edited:
Using Chrome as my browser, I have found that after I open the selected GIF on my Media page, if I use the "Copy image BB code" command from the right sidebar and then paste that code into my reply/post and save, then I get my GIF, but without that annoying filename and user info below the GIF.
That's a good one! Didn't know that.

tenor.gif

I have Chrome, but in Linux land it's an open source version called Chromium. In general it seems the same as the Chrome I have on my work Windows computer. Don't know if it;s available for Windows or not, but a nice feature is that being open source all the usual Google "spy on you so we can sell your information" features are not included.

I have Chrome, but in Linux land it's an open source version called Chromium. In general it seems the same as the Chrome I have on my work Windows computer. Don't know if it;s available for Windows or not, but a nice feature is that being open source all the usual Google "spy on you so we can sell your information" features are not included.
Brave is a great browser for privacy. I use it when visiting sites I don't know. You can set it up with scripting and cookies turned off (thumbprinting and tracking too). Then if you want to turn it on for a particular site, you can do it for just that site.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top