JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We need to be getting flyers in every gun store, pawn shop, feed store, auto parts store or anywhere else you can think of. I've attached a flyer that needs to be on the counter at every gun store. Call, email, visit. Do anything you can think of to get people riled up to DO SOMETHING. Don't sit around and cry about legality or taking pictures of your magazines. Get off your asses and get out there. Call the corporate stores like Sportsman's, Bi-Mart, Cascade, and Coastal and ask them to contribute to any organization they like that will be working on legal action.

During the run up to the election, there weren't that many people that actually did anything. Not a single member here attended the rally at the capitol or attended any of the weekly meetings. You can sit around and be a sad sack or you can be part of the solution. I don't care if you make up our own flyers, put out donation cans at stores, call everyone you know, or do something else to help. JUST DO SOMETHING.

I'm scheduled to speak at the rally at the capitol tomorrow as are others. Kevin Starrett of OFF is scheduled and Jeff Kropf from KSLM says he'll be there. If I ask for a show of hands from NWFA members will I be embarrassed? Rally starts at noon.

Fight114.jpg

I wish I could be down there to help support your cause but alas health concerns keep me close to home.

I've driven down to Salem years ago, met with Oregun members here back when gun owners/hunters still GAS about doing something to fight the oppression.
It seems that those days are over. :s0113:

Just got back from visiting every independent gun store and pawn shop in Salem. Several of the pawn shops didn't seem to care in the least but several others went to make copies for handouts right away. One set my handout on a shelf in the office and one said they won't post anything political. Gun shops were more enthusiastic but some seemed resigned to shutting down and not expend any more effort.

Didn't waste my time at Bi-Mart, Coastal, Cascade, or Sportsman's since the individual stores have no authority to do anything except say no.

Anyone else?

I'm currently researching larger groups that have been successful with litigation in this arena such as the Firearms Policy Coalition. What we need now is someone, with support of others, who has been down this road before. Having a bunch of folks with little financial backing or experience is likely not going to be a road to success. Does anyone know if the FPC is involved with this yet? If not, I'll gladly see what it takes to get them involved (firearmspolicy.org).
ask them to contribute to any organization they like that will be working on legal action.
As stated above, I don't think shotgunning with a bunch of small lawsuits, each spending money to conduct the same research 100 times is a roadmap to success. We don't just need attorneys, we need experienced, litigators who can wear the, been there-done that-have the t-shirt hat. This possibly means someone not local. NRA donated $25k and then it appears they are going to be fined $8,000 for not reporting the donation in time. We need to help those who are supporting to avoid crap like this.

As for rallies and such, please understand that many of us have been meeting with other people and groups (prior to the election) and don't necessarily attend these events for various reasons. One is that they are an echo chamber where everyone there is already in the choir, and the MSM is rarely going to cover the event or give it a legitimate voice. They will find the visually worst representative for our cause and interview them. Not saying we shouldn't have them, but time is a valuable and limited resource. I'd like to see a way for us to channel our funding and talents to an experienced litigator and currently focusing on this.

Thank you for all your efforts @PiratePast40 and thank you for keeping us informed!!!

Donated 3 figures to FPC. Don't waste money on do nothing groups.

Rallys and flyers will do nothing.

Since Secretary of state is bypassing the 30 day and immediately implementing a change at an injunction is better.

Here are a few headlines when you search "pro gun rally Salem capitol":
  • Pro gun rally burns Gov. Brown in effigy (many posts)
  • Far right group holds gun-rights rally in Oregon park, threaten media
  • Dozens of Oregon law enforcement officers have been members of the far-right Oath Keepers militia
  • Pro-gun demonstrators bring their message and weapons inside Oregon Capitol

Media are not our friends.

Just got back from visiting every independent gun store and pawn shop in Salem. Several of the pawn shops didn't seem to care in the least but several others went to make copies for handouts right away. One set my handout on a shelf in the office and one said they won't post anything political. Gun shops were more enthusiastic but some seemed resigned to shutting down and not expend any more effort.

Didn't waste my time at Bi-Mart, Coastal, Cascade, or Sportsman's since the individual stores have no authority to do anything except say no.

Anyone else?
You'd be surprised go to some of the local car shops/mechanics they will probably let you post something up there ... I work at a shop and I sell amzoil fire arm cleaner that sits at our front counter I sell the crap out of it and it's a good way to talk guns to ppl so they might let you idk worth a shot

I support both FPC and SAF.
Saf.org
Check them out. They have been around for 50 years and led on the 3 major scotus decisions that are putting the gun grabbers on defense.
They have a strategy and a team of lawyers. They will be filing against 114 in days.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but rallies do more harm than good.
Rallies will show other like minded people that are sitting on their fifth point of contact that there is a lot of support for their position and might be enough to pry them off their fat arses and do something. If I were still in Oregon I'd be showin' up.
Squeaky wheels get the grease. It's time to make some noise.
Montana wishes you folks all the luck in the world over there.

Maybe an unpopular opinion, but rallies do more harm than good.
I agree.. it just gives the media good B-roll footage (especially when open carrying) as they label the protesting groups "far right extremists", "militia" and "supremacists".

The media owns the narrative to the masses. The masses are too stupid to realize they are being brainwashed.
I find red-pilling friends and family with information and examples does more to help spread awareness. Sometimes folks I bump into at the store or even the gym.. helps wake "some" people up.

I agree.. it just gives the media good B-roll footage (especially when open carrying) as they label the protesting groups "far right extremists", "militia" and "supremacists".

The media owns the narrative to the masses. The masses are too stupid to realize they are being brainwashed.
I find red-pilling friends and family with information and examples does more to help spread awareness. Sometimes folks I bump into at the store or even the gym.. helps wake "some" people up.
Personal conversations are effective if they hear you. But one at a time is slow progress.

Some people can paint a good picture in a sentence. We need to get good at that. Reasoned, correct and brief.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top