JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Draw and dryfire your centerfire 100 times a day. You'll be way ahead of the game even if you had free wheelbarrows full of .22lr.
Well I tried.. it sucks but what I said holds some truth

the truth is that 22lr is fun to plink with but beyond stupid for reliability.
I a shtf senerio your screwed.
Cheeper to just reload what ya already shoot in larger cals

I can tinker up a 10/22 where with quality 22lr like CCI it will go bang 199/200. Modern 22lr isn't so bad reliability wise.

If I could only have one caliber to budget for ammo and weapon wise it would be 22lr.

This is why we can find 22 ammo. Because guys like this. Wtf are you going to need this much ammo for?
a4u6apa8.jpg

This is why we can find 22 ammo. Because guys like this. Wtf are you going to need this much ammo for?

Because YOUR needs are obviously not the same as mine, or many others.

If you had 50k in .22 ammo right now then would you be feeling the pinch of the current situation? What I don't understand is how people live box of ammo to box of ammo. It is my ammo "savings account", just like money. I have put extra aside for times of need.

Also how about inflation? I would rather buy ammo now (previously) at lower prices then they will be in 10, 20, 30, ect years from now. Also I have a job now so I can spend more on this kind of stuff before I find myself retired. Don't you wish you knew what you knew now? Go back about 7 years and buy bulk .308 that was under $0.20/rd, 7.62x39 for $0.06/rd, 9mm for under $0.10/rd, bricks of .22 for under $10, getting the idea? I was buying it, I only wish I had more money then to buy more............ but I spent as much as I could afford on it.

I have about $1,500 invested in 2 firearms that shoot .22LR. I currently have only 3,500 rnds of ammo for them. I'm kinda stuck not shooting them as I used to because I don't want them to turn into the "poorly designed club" that they will become if I cant afford to pay scalper prices for .22 For now I'll just plink with my AR. Even if I never shoot them again at least I can hand them down to my kids with ammo so that they can enjoy them before hanging everything on the wall!

How is 50,000 rounds so much? If you shoot a brick at a time that is just 100 outings. Shooting only twice a month you'll use it all up in a few years.

If that was true, why would you be hoarding 50k rds just to sell? I find that selfish. I live in southern California now, people here are selling a lot of 22, more than I have ever seen! I have a feeling soon the 22 scarce will end.

If that was true, why would you be hoarding 50k rds just to sell? I find that selfish. I live in southern California now, people here are selling a lot of 22, more than I have ever seen! I have a feeling soon the 22 scarce will end.

The ad you posted said the ammo belonged to his grandpa, who died. Was poor old grandpa a hoarder because he couldn't get to the range? Even if he was, it was his property.

You can either believe it or not. In my opinion, nobody needs to know that. You're trying to sell an item not win over somebody with sympathy. But ehh.. Hopefully things turn around and get better soon.

.22 prices will go the way of the $3000 no name AR, the $50 pmag, and the non-existent 5.56\223 supply did. Eventually it balances itself out, but damn..the fear contagion spreads just a little too easily in the firearm community if you ask me.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top